207 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  3:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Delete..

Edited by - pitts64 on 03 Oct 2015 08:57:09 AM

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  3:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in knowing this as well, a friend was considering doing some front end swapping.
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  10:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a 63' gp which I'd eventually like to improve handling with. I'm interested in all handling improvements and trick with this boat. Unfortunately I have no experience in all the dynamics of the handling topic. I need to read up. Wish I had something to offer Pitts, but I'm gonna follow your thread for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  10:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, yeah I see what you mean. How about the wear on the tires? Any expected quick wear? Did you need to modify anything on the lower area? Also, we're you using some kind of alignment tools to check real world travel and angles? Any other issues or considerations? Spring mods or changes? Are you happy with the stance so far, is it raised? Turning radius issues?
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2015 :  12:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pitts, thanks so much for sharing your info. I'm taking notes on it. I'm actually working on doing the undercarriage...removing crud, undercoating, rusts, etc. when I get to the suspension I'd like to have a good plan together. Your experience is really valuable, thanks again, I may pick your brain a little later when I actually start turnin wrenches on that part.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: