Inlinetube shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2015 :  3:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a two item order with Inlinetube.com for $32 then they tell me shipping & I almost fainted. $50 to ship a package tray and jute that goes under the tray and this was with fedex ground cheapest to TX.

Maybe I am out of touch with shipping costs but I canceled the order. I suppose I can do a ratrod job on the LeMans.

bt

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  06:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shipping rates vary and I've been scalded by them. It's the price of getting some key parts you can't find anywhere else. Try a different vendor for the same parts--could make a difference for you.

Many times vendors will have a low shipping rate (UPS/FED EX) but charge a high handling charge that kicks the cost up.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  09:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shipping is where some vendors make up their margins for other sales. However the packaging tray, if stiff and can't be folded, is pricey because fedex and ups charge by size AND weight. Larger packages are pricey. That's where like greyhound comes in (got a body panel shipped to me that way.)
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  11:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using rock auto for common brake parts and such. I'm getting hammered on shipping BUT in many cases a $3.99 wheel cylinder + shipping is still substantially cheaper than the parts store. Occasionally the parts store is the same price, and i will buy local.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 18 Aug 2015 11:07:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  5:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just realized I could make a package tray from 1/4" plywood and cover it with my choice of fabric. I could do the same for jute by taking a couple of furnace filters and removing the filter fibers. This should make good insulation under the package tray!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: