New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

48oldtimer
Tribal Scout

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 10 bolt from a 78 firebird that I like - good mileage factor - the rear disc set up ends up being a company specific ( Wilwood) and interchanges with nothing OEM - is there a rear Pontiac disc set up that will bolt to the rear end that I have? At the end of the day, I am wanting a drilled and slotted rotor but unwilling to pay the outrageous cost to wildwood for their rotors

thanks

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4797 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stainless Steel Brake Company offers a pair of kits with parking brake.

Check this one out--

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092151-disc-brake-kit-rear-1-single-piston-sport-r1-plus-with-12-8in-rotor-wheel-kit-only-pair-w125-38.html

I suggest contacting them to address installation on your current set up.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 14 Aug 2015 08:49:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2015 :  1:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OEM setup has been good for me in 3 of these cars, however there is a learning curve with the goofy corkscrew calipers. Also, parts may not be readily available in the near future. I believe there were some GM interchange alternatives if my memory serves me. I remember something about using Cadillac Seville parts or some such option(s). I'd do some internet searching to see if you can uncover the bargain angle using used factory parts from other models/years if you wish to avoid the expensive aftermarket route.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

David Jones
Buffalo

49 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2015 :  2:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used S-10 Blazer parts on my GTO rear disc conversion. On an F body you'd need one bracket from a 2wd S10 and one bracket from a 4wd S10 due to the staggered F body shocks. 2wd S-10 Blazers had calipers mounted one way and 4wd Blazers mounted the other (one in front of the axle, one behind, I forget which is which) I went to the Pull A Part and gathered all the parts minus the discs. I turned in the calipers for the core charge and refinished the brackets. Do a Google on S10 rear disc conversion and you should find LOTS of reading. I posted the story of my install over on Performance Years. On my GTO I didn't even need to change the prop valve though you probably would need to look at changing to a larger bore master cylinder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: