Feral cat in my garage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  09:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been working on the TA. Most of the time, the garage door is open. Well, one day last week, a feral cat took up residency in the garage among the boxes and car parts.
I found cat poop and urine on the floor one morning...*^%$#@ I spent 45 minutes moving boxes and stuff out of the garage.

With my wife's help, we found the cat hiding under the lowest shelf of my work bench. He wouldn't budge from there so...got him/her to move with compressed air. However, instead of running out of the garage, he/she ran toward the front of the garage and hid. More compressed air, here and there, and the cat ran back to the work bench area where we lost sight of him/her. He/she hasn't been seen since but is still in there. We put down some water, cat food and a litter box. The cat used them all.

Animal control provides traps to capture these cats. That's our plan.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  10:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like your visitor may be looking for a place to have babies. Or there could already be kittens in one of those boxes. Oh My.

I purchased a feral kitten from the pound 4 years ago. For the first few weeks i thought i would have to take the cat back. I moved the box, food, and kitten to oldest daughter room. They Bonded after a short time. Now the family agrees, it's the Best Cat we ever had.

Not a recommendation.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 03 Aug 2015 10:53:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark--we have 3 Collies and one would think that a cat would be a little timid about being barked at and chased by them around our home. I guess not. This cat is mostly black with a white chest. It appears to be a Manx. It has no tail. I saw a cat outside one night last week when the dogs were out back. The black cat was crouched on the fence in the very corner of the yard. I could see its coloring and believe that it could be the same feline.

If my garage was just a nice clean garage, the cat would have opted for a messy one--oh, yeah, that is mine. Too many places to hide and not be seen with boxes and car parts everywhere. I have to catch it and in the mean time be sure it doesn't get inside the car.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 03 Aug 2015 10:57:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

2barrelpower
Sitting Bull

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  04:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love Manx cats

69FB, 350P, 9 to 1, Comp 260H, Stock Valve Train, Performer Intake, 1406 Carb, Hooker Headers, Points Style, Crane XRI, Crane PS20, TH350, stock stall, 3.08 gear, and 235/60/15 Firestones.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

847 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Animal Control was no help. They will receive a stray or feral cat tend to it for 5 days and if not adopted....

So, capture is up to me. What happens after that is another predicament.

I spotted the cat this morning hiding near my preserved 6x-4 heads.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  10:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well he has picked his cylinder heads. Which cam does he like?

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 04 Aug 2015 10:17:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

847 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  11:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Used cams are in another section of the garage...let's wait and see.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  08:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm losing this game of hide and seek. This cat is elusive...I can't figure out where she, yes she, is hiding out. Once or twice my wife and I have caught a glimpse of her and then she vanishes. I've pulled out many of the big items in the garage, gotten rid of unnecessary boxes and tried to eliminate all "hiding" spots. We've looked under the car, in the car, closed the car up etc. Yet, every morning the cat has peed on the floor and crapped on the floor. My wife has put down water, given it food which is gone by morning.

Trying to figure out cat behavior isn't easy. Dogs I can figure out--but not cats. Is this a stray or feral cat? If it's a feral cat, why doesn't it leave the garage during the day when the door is open? What a crappy life it must be to sit hunched over somewhere in a garage and not venture out to see the sun and sky and get some fresh air.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  09:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
" What a crappy life it must be to sit hunched over somewhere in a garage and not venture out to see the sun and sky and get some fresh air."
and just imagine,I used to do that for a living!

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 11 Aug 2015 09:06:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  09:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Days have passed....I'm in the garage every morning. The Garage Cat (GC) has appeared, perhaps curious about me and what I'm doing. My wife saw GC and it was brave enough to come close and be tickled with a feather toy. The next day GC showed more interest and I spotted her watching me. I went up to her with the same feather and tickled her nose and she then came close and let me pet her. The cat is young, perhaps, under a year. She is a tuxedo manx and has adopted the garage as her home. The saga continues....

----
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  10:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the bonding process continues. May be a lockable kitty door is and option.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  09:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is no feral cat! Probably a lost or stray....

In less than 3 week's time, this little feline has becoming trusting of us. From hiding only showing it's eyes, to minor glimpses of it's body, to moving about freely in the garage, then coming over to me, allowing me to pet her, and yesterday allowing me to pick her up and hold her close. Last night my wife held her too. Based on seeing young kittens and cats at PetsMart this past Saturday, we estimate this little black tuxedo Manx to be about 4 months of age.

I'm no longer interested in chasing her away or capturing her to get rid of her. She is tame and shows a need to be loved and cared for.

We'll take her to our vet to be checked out soon and do what is needed to keep her in good health.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  10:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,You big softy!
I was out on a friends farm getting her tractor running yesterday. I in general don't like cats. She has one farm cat that always comes up to me and hangs around every time I go to work there. Very friendly,lets me pet her,ect. I might change my position and get one one of these days. I hate mice more than cats,and every fall it's a battle to keep them out of the house and garage.
BTW-The old Massey-Ferguson tractor fires right up now with just a bump on the start button. I just talked to my wife about it,and I might snag this cat as part of my payment,if the farmer will give her up. My wife tells me I've mellowed out too much as I get older.

Edited by - 67drake on 24 Aug 2015 10:52:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Drake--you've got me figured out. Maybe that's why I really took a shine to Donna Douglas who played Ellie Mae Clampett. She loved all critters.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  12:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've owned just hunting dogs-period, for the past 25 years. I had no time or interest for other pets. This year (it was my wife's idea originally) me and one of my sons built a chicken coop and run. We now have 13 chickens that we raised since 1 day old. My wife calls me "The Chicken Whisperer" as they come running up to me every time I go out in the back yard. I'll sit out on a lawn chair with a bag of corn and have them eat out of my hand. Nobody else can deal with their pecking. I just laugh at them. About 1 month later we traded my farmer friend 2 of our chickens for 4 of her rabbits. I must be getting old. At this rate,I'm going to need a hobby farm in a few years. My 1 acre is getting small now.

Edited by - 67drake on 24 Aug 2015 12:21:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  1:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW Bill-I liked Ellie Mae too. But back then I wasn't looking at her Critters.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sho' didn't watch that show to learn from Jethro! Wee Doggie! Funny, my brother and I still refer to the pool at my house as the "cement pond."

Time to check on GC.

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2015 :  10:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The cat is doing fine. We have a Vet appointment. We named the cat "Tux" as in tuxedo.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2015 :  10:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job Bill (softy).
Turns out the cat that loves me is the farmers favorite. She won't give her up. She said yesterday I should go to the humane society and adopt one. Problem is I don't meet many cats I like.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2015 :  11:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 67drake

Bill,You big softy!
,and I might snag this cat as part of my payment,if the farmer will give her up. My wife tells me I've mellowed out too much as I get older.

There could be some macho stigma involved with cat disliker's.

If the cat is happy and well maintained, i would leave the cat where it is. There are many stories where cats will travel many mile to return home. They also will find a new home if the are un-happy.
IMO, adopt a female kitten and support the animal shelter.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2015 :  12:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blued,yeah,I guess I'm not too "macho" these days. LOL
I guarantee I'll own a cat in the next week. I figure maybe I can save one from the shelter if I can't get the one that took a liking to me.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  7:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We went to the Vet on Saturday. Interesting set of events. The cat is about 5 months old and she was already "fixed." She also had a microchip with a number. That number was registered to a women living about 2 miles from us. Our medical tech contacted the registered owner by phone and was informed that she didn't want the cat anymore because she was pregnant. Woman apparently can contract some medical problem from cats. That's what my wife told me. So, the woman was done with the cat. We were also told that the woman's husband had given it to a friend.

IMO, someone simply drove the cat to our neighborhood and dropped the 4 month old kitty off to fend for itself. That's why an open garage door and a guy working on a muscle car looked really inviting. That occurred 5 weeks ago or so.

We are now in the process of re-registering the microchip into my name. The kitty is now a member of the family. BTW, our vet confirmed the cat is a Manx--a tuxedo Manx.

Yes, I'm getting soft--"Tux" is adorable. She's been introduced to our 3 rough collies and they are responding as expected--taking her in--kissing her little face and showing love to her. She shows no natural fear of them. No claws drawn.

Things are working out really well for this little kitty and us.

----
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  7:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"That's why an open garage door and a guy working on a muscle car looked really inviting"

That's pretty much what happens with all women walking down the sidewalk, am i right?

I'll be here all week.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  8:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The saga continues...just go an email from the microchip folks and they say the cat was born in August 2014. That means she's not a kitty but a 1-yr old. How about that.

----
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2015 :  10:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pic's?

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2015 :  08:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our new family member--"Tux"

He she is taking things in stride. The only thing missing are the Foster Grants.

She discovered the inside of the TA and would frequent it on and off for a few days. She stopped going in there after I started working on the passenger door. Too much commotion I guess. She sleeps on a shelf under my radial arm saw most of the day now, uses the litter box without fail, and visits me as I work on the TA. --Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2015 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  11:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a second appointment with the vet this past Saturday--this time for shots. It was an ordeal for her. Being picked up and placed into a carrier and transported to the vet, then waiting for a long time to be seen, plus 3 shots, then back into the carrier. She was unhappy from the time I placed her in the carrier and didn't stop crying until she got back into "her" garage.

Tux was unhappy until this morning. I liken it to paying a visit to the dentist and 2-3 days after the injections, your mouth is finally recovering from the injection sites. This little cat is now very happy. She's exploring new places in the garage-- new boxes to jump up on and she visited the inside of the TA for the first time in many days. I found her gracing the top of the TA mid morning.

What is interesting, being a dog person, is this cat is now coming when I call her. Not 100% but certainly more than I ever imagined. She remains curious about what I do in the garage and seems pleased with all the changes every few days with boxes and parts being moved around. She has the "Life of Riley." She has become a wonderful member of the family. Our dogs know where she lives and they all desire to see her--not to chase or to give her a hard time--but to befriend her. Collies get along with all domesticated animals. They are smart enough to know what's right and what isn't.

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  07:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time moves slowly...the cat (Tux) is now fully acclimated to our 3 dogs and vice versa. She has been slowly introduced to various rooms in the house with the dogs and has explored to feel comfortable. Last night my wife insisted that we bring in "her stuff" from the garage and place it into the house. Everything went well...for the most part. However, Tux is busy in the early morning, hours before sunrise, roaming around and exploring. She explored while the dogs were still catching ZZZZs. Her roaming woke me up. The dogs don't care what she is doing. I saw her laying on the floor up against the back of one of them. Funny stuff, I thought you'd only see on Youtube. I also found out the our boy collie doesn't mind eating cat food. He was scolded for doing that--ate it one one gulp.

As I write, Tux is back in the garage--probably resting.

----
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  11:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cat wants out at Very first light. Must be some good hunting.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

clintww
Cochise

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  9:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may find the dog eating the cat food and the cat eating the dog food. I once found a stray cat laying on one of my tractor seats outside in January. Keep in mind I live in MN. The cat was not able to run from me, so I brought her into the house. At the time the basement wasn't finished off, so she stayed there for a few months before I could get near her. She would hide in places I couldn't get at. Eventually she became the most friendly pet we ever had. Cats that have endured poor treatment remain very thankful to those that rescue them. She lived with us for the next 14 years, and her passing hit us all hard. We have adopted three different cats so far.

The bonus is you have a cleaner garage now!
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2015 :  5:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cats get a bad rap. They are just independent.

A word of caution. Its not very healthy for the animals to switch their food. Cat food is way too high protein for a dog. Long term it can lead to kidney and liver problems. Dogs are omnivores.

Cat's need the high protein diet not found in dog food. Cat's are carnivores.

Spara
Go to Top of Page

russ t-37
Cochise

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2015 :  11:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer cat-alinas!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2015 :  10:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tux has explored every nook and cranny in our home yet loves the mazes in the garage. While the dogs pay little attention to her--the novelty is gone--when she wants to nap, she sits by the garage door waiting for me to open it so she can go in there.

In the early morning, I prop the door open so she can go into the garage. At times, she is followed in by our boy collie, curious to see what she is doing and why. This morning she had breakfast with the dogs--funny to watch. Each ate from their respective "bowls." The dogs now leave her food alone, none of them want the wrath of the head Alpha--me. (They are smart rather than fearful.)

We have also left the house with all of them in it. I was concerned about doing it but my wife reassured me things would be fine. She was right. When we returned, we found 4 yawning animals, each waking up and happy to see us. Pretty cool.

It still amazes me--never thought we'd have a cat in our lives. She has made things down right enjoyable these last two months. I'm glad she discovered our open garage and took up residence with us. She's a real gift.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2015 :  09:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally! Our farmer friend had to get rid of a bunch of her animals,as a recent evicted renter called the town and complained she had too many. She let us bring "Angelica" home last night. This is the cat that always hangs around me while at her farm. Hard to get a good pic,as she is always moving and checking out her new home. Now go get those mice!

Edited by - 67drake on 18 Oct 2015 09:42:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2015 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool Drake--congratulations on having a kitty "shadow". Enjoy your little cat buddy.

This morning I'm stripping paint off the rear bumper cover with my DeWalt, being as careful and gentle as possible to not dig into the plastic and I notice Tux asleep on a low foot stool that is partially under the front caliper of the car. This little cat is fast asleep. ZZZZZZ. The sound of the grinder was peaceful to her. Amazing! She is so comfortable around stuff in the garage it's just incredible. She comes when I call her now and is crazy happy to see me every morning. She is becoming more and more dog-like.

----
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2015 :  1:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drake,

Didn't there used to be a goldfish in that bowl?

Spara
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  11:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spara-actually there is STILL a fish in that bowl! She checks it out,but it's still alive.
Bill,yes she is "our" shadow. She follows around whatever family member is up and moving. I want her to get used to our house before I let her outside. She grew up on a farm,so I'm afraid she'll stretch her legs and run off if she does not get used to her new home first.
When we bought her home my "hunting" dog walked up to her and licked her face like my 3 year old on a ice cream cone. She just gave the dog a "What the hell" look.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  5:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your cat "aint afraid" of a dog. Your dog is cool too. You gotta love 'em.

When we lived in Northern Virginia we lived on 1.5 acres with large trees everywhere in the neighborhood. At that time we had a boy Collie about 9-10 years old. He would watch the squirrels and chipmunks run up one of the big trees to get at the bird feeder. He would sit about 20 feet away and just watch--he did nothing to disturb these little animals. On several occasions deer were on our property and he was out. Not once did he give chase...he saw them and ignored them. Cats and dogs can get along--unlike what is portrayed in many old cartoons.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2015 :  08:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh boy! Just an update on my end.
I mentioned that the woman that we got our cat from is going through some legal hassles with her farm. So,in the last 2 weeks my wife has also bought home a Chinchilla(SP?),a gray African parrot,and a pony. The pony does not live here really,as we don't have the acreage,but is boarded on another friends farm. Hmmm. The guys at work are calling me Dr.Dolittle.
Wifey and I are looking at houses out farther in the county now,as she wants a few horses again too. OK by me,I want a bigger garage out of it.
Yes,I have mellowed out in my old age. I wouldn't have done this 10 or 20 years ago.

Bill,if you know any good lawyers here in SE WI,let me know,my farmer friend is getting railroaded! They kicked her off of her farm and took all of her animals from her!

Edited by - 67drake on 12 Nov 2015 08:48:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

847 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  10:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been well over a year now and Tux is definitely a house cat. It's hard to believe how she adapted to our life style.

Tux knows she's a cat, but acts like our dogs. In fact, as I type this she is asleep with our 4 collies (one is my son's dog) who are sprawled out in our kitchen. Very cool.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3406 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  11:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I admit i'm a cat person, Glad it worked out.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 22 Nov 2016 11:41:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2017 :  10:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've had our little Manx cat now for 2 full years. Hard to believe. We took her yesterday for her annual veterinary check and she's very healthy. Not being a cat person, it's been interesting the past 2 years as my wife and I have focused on learning about cat behavior.

Our Tux is a little cat. The cats we saw at the vet's yesterday were quite large in comparison. Some weighed over 16 pounds, twice the weight and size of Tux. When we placed her in her carrier to transport her to the vet, our Alpha female collie was quite concerned and appeared upset when we left the house with the cat. When we returned about 90 minutes later, the cat of course was happy to be home, and our Alpha was thrilled that she was back. The cat got inspected front to rear by our Alpha. It was quite touching to see. Is still is surprising how these great pets get along and appear to have strong feelings for one another.

----
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: