TVland pulls the Duke boys!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee....Reruns of this fun-filled 1-hour southern-styled sitcom is now off the air. TVland, in its infinite wisdom, has determined the show is wrong for viewers because that ole orange Dodge the Duke boys drove was adorned with the confederate flag on its roof. Rebellious for sure, the Duke family was not divisive, bigoted or anything like it. This is utter lunacy. Even Boss Hog would disapprove of this nonsense move by TVland.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  11:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant they just blur the flag.

Just another instance where the fringe left controls my choice of entertainment.

I have been monitoring my 13 year old viewing preference. Seems like half the actors roles are written as gay. Where in actuality only 2% of the population is gay.
I'm not a gay basher. The wife has 6 brother. The only one i have on my facebook friend list is the gay one.

Now back to topic.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 02 Jul 2015 11:50:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

2barrelpower
Sitting Bull

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are so many angles to what is being discussed. Here is a reading list of half a dozen books that would help you understand what is happening more deeply, but I doubt anyone would read them.
"Violence and the Sacred" R. Girard, "Technological Slavery" T. Kaczynski, "The Present Age" S. Kierkegaard, "The Portable Nietzsche" F. Nietzsche, "The Dispossessed Majority" by W. Robertson, "Coming Apart" by C. Murray, and Paul's letter to the Romans. This is a tough list, and there are some offensive books in it, but it's also a set of books that taught me how to interpret reality.

Capitalism is the enemy, but Communism is not the solution. To put it simply, the elite wants to eliminate all TRIBALISM. They want to level us into one consumer.

Think about it. America is not one ethnicity, let alone one race. America does not speak one language. America does not worship one God. What ties us together?

Money.

And he who controls money controls America, and he who controls America controls the world. Remember 2008? How many of those criminals went to jail?

Steal $20 dollars. You're a thug. Steal a billion dollars. You're a banker.

69FB, 350P, 9 to 1, Comp 260H, Stock Valve Train, Performer Intake, 1406 Carb, Hooker Headers, Points Style, Crane XRI, Crane PS20, TH350, stock stall, 3.08 gear, and 235/60/15 Firestones.

Edited by - 2barrelpower on 02 Jul 2015 3:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You read Ted Kaczynski. This sociopath genius killed unsuspecting people.

What does his manifesto have to with the confederate flag and it's relationship to the Duke's car?

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

2barrelpower
Sitting Bull

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  8:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does that symbol mean? Racism. Rebellion. Rural superiority. Different things to different folks, or all of the above.

Why is under attack?
Because a young white supremacist attacked a black church.

We could probably agree that those calling for the end of the rebel flag have wanted it gone for some time. This attack presented an opportunity to do so.

So what does Ted's book have to with this?
He accurately describes the psychological motivations and political mechanisms that are working themselves out right now. I just reread about fifty pages of the book, and while it does not wholly focus on racial politics, there is a lot of overlap. You would have to read it for yourself.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

I should also add that I am not granola, but I am concerned with how technology, specifically communications technology, works to oppress the individual and his community.

69FB, 350P, 9 to 1, Comp 260H, Stock Valve Train, Performer Intake, 1406 Carb, Hooker Headers, Points Style, Crane XRI, Crane PS20, TH350, stock stall, 3.08 gear, and 235/60/15 Firestones.

Edited by - 2barrelpower on 03 Jul 2015 04:06:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2015 :  11:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't they just blur out the image of the flag?

Also I heard that in three states now your car won't pass inspection if your car horn blows Dixie.

Spara

PS I was watching an old WWII movie and the edited out the word Japs.

I used to date one in college. The difference is Jello moves.

Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  07:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2barrelpower

I should also add that I am not granola, but I am concerned with how technology, specifically communications technology, works to oppress the individual and his community.

What does that mean? How?

As far as the confederate flag goes,being a yankee,it reminds me of the "south" and/or "rural country" people. Up here in WI,at least in my area,many of the local guys fly the flag on their trucks. I'm friends of these guys and few are racist.
Maybe the flag means different things to different people,but banning it is against freedom of speech,regardless of the intent!
Just heard on the radio yesterday that an art museum up here in Milwaukee is displaying a "picture" of the Pope made out of condoms. I'm not Catholic,but I can imagine this would be offensive to some. When it comes down to it,as an American,they have every right in the world to do it though.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sparafucile

Also I heard that in three states now your car won't pass inspection if your car horn blows Dixie.

Georgia dropped the safety inspection but added the emission test. Liberal priorities at work.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 03 Jul 2015 10:31:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  10:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Also I heard that in three states now your car won't pass inspection if your car horn blows Dixie."

I HOPE you're kidding.
Hard to tell a joke from the truth these days.

Edited by - 67drake on 03 Jul 2015 10:35:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  11:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's sad some "easily offended types" have to go around and change our countries history. Next I suppose they will demand Confederate dead be removed from Civil War Cemeteries?

There are many things that offend me but I don't go around and try to impose my will on others.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should fail if it does not play Dixie

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 03 Jul 2015 1:14:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  1:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have 4 minutes please watch. This sum's it up for me.
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs --

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 03 Jul 2015 1:27:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  3:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The biggest problem with this country in my lifetime is this Neo-liberalism mentality that is beginning to pervert this great country of ours. You don't see anyone calling to end all this grievance based occupy democrat nonsense or pushing all this race bating stuff. Have you not noticed that this President never speaks of how great this country is and how it gives opportunities to just about anyone that's willing to work hard. Only how unfair and racist and mean to other countries we are. I just read that Bruce Jenner is getting the Arthur Ashe award for courage on the Espy's coming this summer. How about speaking out on all this extreme fringe neo-liberal policies which is firmly in control calling the shots right now. Not right wing wacko's like the McVeigh's & Kaczynski's of this world that are not the norm by any stretch of the imagination. Are we accepting of racism and xenophobia as conservative American's? NO! Then why are Conservatives painted this way by the Liberal controlled media? Easy answer because threats must be eliminated so thier agenda can continue unabated.

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  5:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Sunday Morning, listening to a show called Religion on the Line I heard the Brooklyn Burroughs President and I believe he said New York should rename the streets named after slave holding founders ( Jefferson, etc).

Of course I am chagrined, embarrassed, humiliated and guilt ridden that the founding fathers couldn't muster the fortitude to go all the way and outlaw slavery but how much enlightenment can we expect from any one generation?

At one time white people were slaves as well and of course its a horrific tragedy that all people were not made free at the same time. I don't support the continued use of the Rebel Flag, but the Dukes of Hazard were making fun of the establishment in the Old South. Actually I never watched a whole episode.

Georgia was probably forced into the emissions inspections by the withholding of " Federal Funds" . The quotes here reference that the dollars came from the citizens of Georgia to begin with.

Keep in mind that half the population has below average intelligence and history is replete with examples of the majority following the con man.

I wonder what a General Lee replica is going for on E-bay today.

Sparebelcile
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2015 :  6:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no evidence that the confederate flag adorning the Duke's Dodge incited anyone to do bad things to anyone ever. TVland's decision bowed to leftist pressure or they are leftists. No dots were connected from that murderous onslaught in the SC church to the Duke's of Hazard tv show. It was simply another opportunity for the lefties to exploit because of that tragedy.

Leftists look for any opportunity to collectively join and promote a cause. They never applaud the USA only look for key instances to collectively join in to condemn and disparage. Moreover, they talk a good game about protecting speech but be contrary to their views and out comes the verbal ad hominem assaults such as being homophobic, a racist or a war monger...just to mention a few choice classifications.

Wait til we get closer to football season. Watch the move of leftists to change the Washington Redskins name again. Watch for financial pressure begin to exert against the team owner.

Donald Trump is egotistical and a brash New Yorker. His style of talking and his cocksureness rubs plenty of people the wrong way. He can spout off truth that is rudely stated, crass, or whatever. He is permitted to express himself in that manner if he sees fit. Insulting to some, embarrassing to others, he has a Constitutional right to say stuff that is insulting, demeaning or worse.

When a network terminates contracts with him because of his expressed opinion there is something wrong with the network. Simply saying that Trump is a candidate for office and his opinions are not those of the network is more than enough to disassociate the network from his view point. Yet, the leftist run national media come out with we're offended. "We disapprove" of what you said and how you said it-- You're out of here." We protect our own right of freedom of speech but not your right to freedom of speech. Hypocrites.

----
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2015 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recent shooting at the pier in Frisco proves Trump right.ANd the Dukes were on TV for 36 years until some liberal skank told us we need to be offended.MY Stars & Bars should be here UPS on Monday.

67-when did the Klan start using the Confederate flag?

Edited by - Cobrabill on 04 Jul 2015 9:11:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

2barrelpower
Sitting Bull

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2015 :  11:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's Granola? This is granola: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=granola

How does communications technology oppress the individual? http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~hdreyfus/html/paper_kierkegaard.html
It cuts them off their real community and real interests.

And by the way, if you're white, you're racist. Every teacher learns this in grad school now.

The following is the shorthand version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q90kmUbEv7c

Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2015 :  12:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sheesh.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2015 :  12:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spartafucile, I enjoy the point counterpoint debate. Beats the normal liberal name calling. Well done and welcome to the Board. IMO..

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 05 Jul 2015 1:00:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2015 :  1:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Im wondering what kind of "united States" my son will grow up in. I often feel I am the shrinking minority who believe that weve turned a dangerous corner in the socially redefining what a victim is. It appears that it is cool, en vogue, and morally superior to associate yourself with the "victim" label. I feel discouraged about the depreciation of the word "dignity" and the relevant meaning of self worth. I grew up working at age 12 as a janitor for a small daycare working a couple hours after school every day. vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms etc. Id shine old ship bells and clean docks in the summers for a local harbormaster. I did these things as my parents and grandparents found it important to instill strong work ethic for use later in life. The byproduct of these lessons and efforts was the realization that I could be in control of my own life through direct participation. It is not easy and requires discipline. Its harder than floating along with others around you but the ability to create paths to destinations through effort and reward prevented the self appointed "victim" role from ever being present. To me, believing in an identity of being a "victim" removes valuable tools available for critical thought and emotional stability, both psychologically and socially. Its disheartening to see the process of creating more "victims" rather than empowering human potential through learning how to develop and control your own environment. Not the other way around. The Dukes thing is just another display of the acidic tools, unfortunately, which are used in order to coalesce and patronize a sad and false sense of purpose...or lack of purpose should I say. In my opinion, the fight against racism has been over for a while. Its only a slight whisper of what it was. There's enough real victims in our current culture and in our world today. Rant over.
Go to Top of Page

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  6:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
see my post above. I called it.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/memphis-city-council-approves-plan-to-dig-up-confederate-general.html
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  8:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beertracker,That's insane. Let the guy RIP!
Another story-I grew up in a very "rough" area just outside Chicago-Maywood. It's know for gangs,murders,and being just plain ghetto poor. There was a guy who grew up by me named Fred Hampton. He was one of the Black Panthers killed in a raid by the Chicago police on the BP headquarters back in the late 60's. The public swimming pool across the street from my childhood house is the Fred Hampton memorial pool,and Oak St. is now named Fred Hampton street. If somebody where to suggest that they change the name of the pool and street there would be riots I'm sure,as he is an old local hero to some people.

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  9:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Boyle

There is no evidence that the confederate flag adorning the Duke's Dodge incited anyone to do bad things to anyone ever. TVland's decision bowed to leftist pressure or they are leftists. No dots were connected from that murderous onslaught in the SC church to the Duke's of Hazard tv show. It was simply another opportunity for the lefties to exploit because of that tragedy.

Leftists look for any opportunity to collectively join and promote a cause. They never applaud the USA only look for key instances to collectively join in to condemn and disparage. Moreover, they talk a good game about protecting speech but be contrary to their views and out comes the verbal ad hominem assaults such as being homophobic, a racist or a war monger...just to mention a few choice classifications.

Wait til we get closer to football season. Watch the move of leftists to change the Washington Redskins name again. Watch for financial pressure begin to exert against the team owner.

Donald Trump is egotistical and a brash New Yorker. His style of talking and his cocksureness rubs plenty of people the wrong way. He can spout off truth that is rudely stated, crass, or whatever. He is permitted to express himself in that manner if he sees fit. Insulting to some, embarrassing to others, he has a Constitutional right to say stuff that is insulting, demeaning or worse.

When a network terminates contracts with him because of his expressed opinion there is something wrong with the network. Simply saying that Trump is a candidate for office and his opinions are not those of the network is more than enough to disassociate the network from his view point. Yet, the leftist run national media come out with we're offended. "We disapprove" of what you said and how you said it-- You're out of here." We protect our own right of freedom of speech but not your right to freedom of speech. Hypocrites.

Well said, Bill!

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 09 Jul 2015 9:30:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

fbird1969
Sitting Bull

170 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  10:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the days of the War of Northern Aggression, I believe that the KKK flew the same flag that our country now flies, aka "The American Flag". It wasn't until sometime after the war that they adopted the Stars and Bars. Don't quote me on this, but they may have flown the Stars and Bars for a lesser period of time than the one they use now.

Here's a half-decent article that I saw on msn news fwiw - http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-south%e2%80%99s-heritage-is-so-much-more-than-a-flag/ar-AAcLzIm?ocid=iehp

Anyone who thinks that the flag symbolized slavery, racism, or spurns people to harm innocent churchgoers is simply uneducated themselves. It's just another excuse to get rid of the flag and to cover up the poor way that we chose to deal with the mentally ill.

Not to mention the drugs and medications that Roof was on at the time, but how could a modern drug/medication possibly be at fault...
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  10:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tks B&P
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2015 :  3:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbird1969

During the days of the War of Northern Aggression, I believe that the KKK flew the same flag that our country now flies, aka "The American Flag". It wasn't until sometime after the war that they adopted the Stars and Bars

The KKK didn't start using the Stars & Bars until Geoerge Wallace hoisted it over the Capitol of Georgia when the $hit hit the fan about desegregation in the late 50's.

Edited by - Cobrabill on 11 Jul 2015 3:11:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparafucile
Sitting Bull

158 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  9:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-ORIGINAL-DIXIE-AIR-HORN-KIT-general-lee-dukes-of-hazard/161646316558?rt=nc&_soffid=100&_soffType=SaleAndClearence&_trksid=p5731.m3795

I'm saving up for one of these.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: