65 GTO front springs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2horse
Tribal Scout

17 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  11:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently acquired a 65 GTO and the front passenger side spring looks collapsed. 3 middle coils are touching but it sits about the same height as driver side. Not sure if someone modified spring or what. I would like to replace them but not sure about what springs to get. The car seems to be lowered about 1.5" If I take them out to measure how would I find out which size to order. I have read that a lot of aftermarket springs are like puting on a lift kit. Is there someway to cross reference these. I dont want to have to replace back to match height unless really needed. Thanks in advance

Redhawk44
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2016 :  8:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 2horse, I'm really surprised you didn't get any responses. I just saw it and am interested as well. I have a 65 LeMans convertible that I would like to change the front springs and shocks but I am not into the lowered look. I am interested in the stock height so when I saw that no one had responded it kind of shocked me.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R
Crazy Horse

USA
1672 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  10:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try moving this to the Restoration and Performance Forum - I think it gets a lot more views.

Edited by - Brian R on 05 Aug 2016 10:17:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Call eaton detroit spring. tell them what you have, if you have AC, auto, etc. They will have record of the exact correct spring for you car, and then you can customize. Like "I want stock, but maybe 1" lower." Or, "I stripped the car down to xxxxlbs, but i still want stock ride height."

They will know all the intricacies like the differences between a chevelle and similarly equipped gto, or if you car had AC and the handling package, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3404 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  1:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2horse

3 middle coils are touching but it sits about the same height as

Could be a shade tree ride height adjustment where coils are heated with a torch until they collapse. A limit stick is placed in the wheel opening so the vehicle wont drop to far. Seen it done.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: