Master cylinder conversion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Civilian
Tribal Scout

19 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2015 :  10:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding a dual master cylinder and brake booster to my 1962 Pontiac. Can someone tell me what type of master cylinder will fit? Are they pretty much a standard bolt pattern? I have found some stuff out there (classicdiscbrakes.com) but was trying to get away a little cheaper if possible. I see much cheaper master cylinders that say they work for slightly later pontiacs, but not the 62. I was wondering if they truly didn't bolt up, or they just didn't go on those cars originally.

Any help is appreciated!

Bentwings
Tribal Scout

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  12:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you may have to pull your MS off and measure bolt pattern and the bore size. You also need to know how it is linked to the booster. Some have a cavity in the piston that a link rod fits into and others have the rod molded in a plastic insert, others have only a ball depression. Various Corvette MS work. I bought three before I got one that worked with my disc brakes.

I've got two brand new MS with fluid in them I'd give you...no charge if you were near by. The only catch is you have to keep thm or give them to someone else to try....no returns haha

Don't forget residual valves if you have disc or disc/drum and proportioning valve. (Speedway Motors). I'm sure you know there will be some brake line mods too.

Edited by - Bentwings on 05 Sep 2015 12:23:34 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: