72 heads with performer intake?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bober
Sitting Bull

142 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2015 :  5:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will 72 heads seal with 72 gaskets without the block off plates using a performer intake ? Will the top holes have to be filled?

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  07:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bober--I'm not sure about your question.

Are you talking about heads from a 1972 engine? If so, which heads? Are you talking about a stock intake gasket set for a 1972 engine? Some gasket sets include a partial gasket insert that allows for hot gases to flow under the manifold to warm the carb.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 19 May 2015 07:06:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

bober
Sitting Bull

142 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  10:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I'm using 76 6x4 with performer int.so I thought that 72 on up were the same (D port)? That was my intended question . I used the block off plates with the performer on my 350P but would like to not use them on the 455 that I'm installing the performer on now , will they seal without the block offs ? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Cliff R
Cochise

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  08:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cliff R's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Performer has the small crossover holes on both sides, so like the 1972 intakes, it will fit all the heads pre and post 1972. The miss-match on the passengers side head is only a problem with the pre-1972 factory intakes as they have a large opening on that side, which extends into the dead-hole above the port and they will leak at that location not matter which gasket you use......Cliff

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: