Steering Wheel Diameter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  8:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does any one know the Pontiac steering wheel diameter for a for 70 Lemans or goat? The steering wheel in question is has T spokes and covered in a squeezeable plastic. Also this steering wheel has zero offset. Any of you guys who have seen it will know what I am refering to.

The PO of my Lemans replaced the OEM steering with a 13" Grant GT that obstructs the top speedometer view. bt

I want a LS engine in my Pontiac

Edited by - beertracker on 13 May 2015 11:16:33 PM

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7214 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  9:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the Formula wheel which was an option but came with an arrowhead logo instead of the Firebird logo. The Formula wheel utilizes an extension collar as it is not bolted directly to the column like other wheels.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  9:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the Grant wheel that I installed on my 70 maybe a dozen or more years ago. I'm pretty sure that it was the same diameter as the stocker which is 15".
https://www.opgi.com/gto/1970/interior-accessories/steering-wheels-accessories/G82105/

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  10:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the walnut wood version instead of the black foam grip one.
https://www.opgi.com/gto/1970/interior-accessories/steering-wheels-accessories/873196/

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  11:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I could figure out how to post pictures from laptop to the forum I would show the Pontiac T spoke steering wheel I am refering to. Here is a ebay link that shows it. So what is the diameter of the stock steering wheel?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Le-Mans-Bonneville-Grand-Prix-Steering-Wheel-9753916-/321749787297?hash=item4ae9c822a1&vxp=mtr

The Grant GT on the car now is 13" diameter. bt

Go to Top of Page

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2015 :  11:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil

Sounds like the Formula wheel which was an option but came with an arrowhead logo instead of the Firebird logo. The Formula wheel utilizes an extension collar as it is not bolted directly to the column like other wheels.

Phil

I am not familar with extension collars and wonder if the Grant GT collar will work with the Pontiac steering wheel? I couldn't be that lucky and will have to track down a Pontiac collar?

bt

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: