My car made it on TV!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2015 :  11:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, fox sports ohio anyways. I sold it a few months ago to a couple guys who buy, clean up, and flip cars. Half the info he gives is incorrect (it being a lemans t-37, which isn't a thing. And t-37 being a performance handling package, which it wasn't. And it originally having a 350 in it, which i'm 90% sure was actually a straight 6 car from the factory.) but whatever, it looks good! About 3/4 the way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR9metdmyZY

Very close on cinching a 69. Found one a few hours away with almost everything i want, and clean as a whistle. I've been pontiac free too long! (2 months is too long with this kind of winter where i've missed driving time because it's been nice and dry out!)

beertracker
Cochise

352 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  01:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Used to have a Tempest T37. Agreed, T37 is not a sports handling package and not a LeMans it's a Tempest. The youtube video is bs regarding this.

Houston the anus of TX
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  08:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah he's more interested in selling it than learning about it. However, with those wheels and a 1.5" drop and fast ratio box, that one sure handled.

In other news, i am at the 99% mark in sewing up the deal on a gorgeous 69...every option i wanted and only 5 hours away. Will post up when she gets here.
Go to Top of Page

hardknox50
Tribal Scout

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2017 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you get the 69?

Tony Lane
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2017 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes! I don't know if it's the one i was talking about on jan 23 2015? I ended up with a very clean and done to mostly original 69 in crystal turquoise, 455 from a 70 gto, ac, tilt, ps, pb, hideaways, automatic. Friendly cruiser that gets lots of looks. I honestly barely drive it now, which is good because it keeps it clean and in good condition.

Still wonder where my t-37 went. I don't see it at PY, or on any of the FB groups, and searching the vin or unique features doesn't turn up anything. I check ebay now and then, including completed listings sold or unsold, haven't seen it. Assume it went overseas.
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Crazy Horse

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2017 :  11:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Nice overview.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3415 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2017 :  2:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked corts car.
I would have sellers remorse.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2017 :  7:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did like tearing it up around town in it. I just always wanted "the real deal" gto, and a 69 with hideaways was always one of the best looking abodies IMHO. The 69 i have now is auto and a lot more friendly. When i'm in a bad mood, i do miss the T-37. It had great response, was loud, and being stick helped you let everyone on the road know exactly how you felt about them doing 3mph under the limit.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: