New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, doing a little work on the car for this season. Just redoing the rear brakes. Not much else needed.

Looking at making my th400 trans an automatic again. Have a transgo 1-2 kit and going to do the spring and weight thing to the governor. I have found that when I shift consistently the car is nuts on so this will get rid of the loose nut behind the wheel syndrome.

Tom

Will I ever be done?

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1677 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  10:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Trans Am is retired to street only now.

That said, we hope to improve this coming 2015 season with transmission work and converter tuning in my 'other' car :)

A few months ago before Winter we put our Pontiac engine back in John Dinkel's Fairmont. John maintains my Trans Am and over on PY he goes by punisher1 and some here may know he is darn good heads up racer.

I know, I know.... a Pontiac in a Ford ! However some might remember years ago he had his car sitting without a engine and I had a Pontiac engine sitting at his shop doing nothing. So we decided to install the engine into the car and he went 1/8-mile heads up racing in true 10.5 events. Over the years he has been very successful wining many local events in and around Texas, not always the fastest but he is very consistant in going rounds. One season with $7000 in winings from Oklahoma events alone. I sponsored engine modifications over these years, but the Pontiac came out to freshen it. He then put his brothers BBC into the car. But after the Pontiac went back in he took it to three heads up races before last season was over, winning one and going to the semi-finals at the seasons last race.

'78 Ford Fairmont/526ci Pontiac; true 10.5 tires and stock suspension.
5.14 @140.5 1/8-mile w/nos; 8.86@151 1/4-mile all motor; 8.17@172 1/4 mile w/nos

Here are a two videos taken previously with the Pontiac installed.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y27yAcZPBI

Edited by - Steve C. on 19 Jan 2015 10:35:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rick Denny
Sitting Bull

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  2:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`ve fitted a pair of Viking D/A rear shocks ready for this season. I will also have a new set of Hoosier QTP tyres to try as well to replace the M/T slicks.

Our season starts at Easter and with our weather I don`t think I`ll get a chance to test before.

As well as a new paint job and replacement rear quarter panels, can`t wait to get back on the track. Still going to drive it to the track as normal.

69 Firebird,461,Comp 290b,KRE 85cc, Torker 2,AED850dp,th400,Continental 10" 3200,3.90 10 bolt,KYB gas rear,QA1 single adjustable front,3558lbs. 10.96 @ 123.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: