New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

455rebel
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  9:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1970 AMC rebel 4 door faded blue with factory amc steel mags.
Under the hood is a 1973 Pontiac 455 all stock except lunati tq monster cam . 400 heads, reworked q-jet, 2.5 duals, stock turbo 400 shifts in drive @ 5000rpm.
It is painted amc blue and has 290 decals on. It's kind of a sleeper.
Before the 400 head swap best 1/8 et 8.90 ( faster now)
the car is a blast to drive. Really pisses late mustangs off.
Any problem with a Indian powered amc on here ?
Just recently left the hpp hot rod forum ( it is not as good as it once was)
I been wrenching on cars over 40 years as a hobby.

1970 amc rebel faded blue 4-door ,455 with 400heads lunati tq monster cam ci intake and logs q jet,turbo 400, posi 315 gears,

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  11:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's awesome! Anything with a Pontiac V8 gets the nod here. I never saw an AMC with a Pontiac in it. That must really get the AMC guys' panties in a bunch. If you said that you had a 70 Firebird with an AMC 390 then you'd hear crickets.

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2014 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jesus, an AMC in a pontiac would make me cry. I don't think the AMC guys would blame him too much, parts are kind of rough to find sometime, and the aftermarket is NIL. If you want a 550HP amc, it's not going to be as easy to get there. Plus, unlike the SBC and fords, and some of the value sixes, all pontiacs engines are torquey and give that great "muscle car" feel, even if they're only 260HP smoggers. I think they're a great candidate for a swap into anything.
Go to Top of Page

455rebel
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2014 :  4:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the amc forum I belong to is just kinda ok with it.
I just like thinking outside the box.
I had the car, 6-cyl 232, one of my daughters drove it a while in high school.
I had the 455-turbo 400 wrecked in the field .
I also have a 500 hp amc in the basement, restored 1974 amc gremlin x, my first car.
It doesn't get driven much,takes a day or two of cleaning and shining to get it ready for a one night cruise
The faded blue rebel with home covered fold and hog ring seat covers takes zero time cleaning, I don't clean it, I drive it
I drive it a lot,I call ita rat car.
All my friends who ride in it think it is a blast too, it really is quiet a bit quicker than it looks.
First drive after installing the engine, I could not believe it, the car weighs 3700lb with no driver.
I believe this summer when I go back to the track it should go 8.50-8.60s.
It makes power from 1100 rpm - 5200 rpm.
I have never experienced this with any of my amc engines.glad to hear u all are cool with it..

1970 amc rebel faded blue 4-door ,455 with 400heads lunati tq monster cam ci intake and logs q jet,turbo 400, posi 315 gears,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: