New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2013 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thinking of selling four of my 14" stock 8 lug wheels beauty rings & 215x70 r 14 toyo tires (low miles) would like input on what they might be worth !!
thanks
mike

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2013 :  4:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those things never sell, you'll be holding them forever...i'll take them off your hands and even give you $100 so you can take the wife out ;)

I haven't honestly seen a whole set for sale, if i had to shoot from the hip, depending on what's not included, i'd say higher in the range of 1-2k?
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
374 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  02:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a few sets for sale and I've got 2 sets of my own. A few things to mention...you may already know. Generally speaking the 61'/62' are of 1 variety. The 63'/64' are slightly different than those, and the 65' through 67' are different from the others as well. The 62' and earlier have a different angle on the "fins". The 63' through 67' have the same angle on the fins but the change in 65' was to a slightly deeper rim because of an increase in braking power. Over here in the northwest I've seen the 63'/64' type rims and wheels withoute tires and needing cosmetic work sell on average for the past few years for about 500$ a set of 4. This is without trim riings or caps. Also, keep in mind the full lug sets! I would probably guess cort is not far off if everything is there..good tread and balanced, and they don't need linings replaced. Super narrow market though. That's a tough one. I'm not an eBay guy for much but you may explore it to gain some visibility. Good luck mike, Ps. Remember the advice you gave me on pulling that stubborn rim? I'm still greatful for that!
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  11:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply's and your welcome Adam was glad it worked out for you!!!
i am not getting rid of the brake drums just the wheels, and yes i was aware of the changes but now others are aware now that you posted if they didn't! i bought a set of 16X7 chrome 8 lugs and love them they are quite a conversation piece at the car shows here in CDA / Spokane area!!! i see your from Tacoma.
i saw a set of just wheels in Smoke Signals clean and painted for a $1000. but i can't see it being they are 14" but what do i know!! thinking $800 for the set (1964 wheels, low mile Toyo tires & beauty rings) this would be for my friend with a '62 Cat. trying to be fair but maybe i am on the low end of pricing!!! more thoughts on this would be great!!!
thanks again
Mike
Go to Top of Page

TillisWilliam
Tribal Scout

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  06:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking to buy wheels for my car and I like your car wheels but I want to ask,Is this wheels suitable for any car or for a particular one?and what is the cost of these wheels.Do reply .
http://autobodycarparts.com

Tillis William

Edited by - TillisWilliam on 09 Nov 2013 06:34:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am looking to buy wheels for my car and I like your car wheels but I want to ask,Is this wheels suitable for any car or for a particular one?and what is the cost of these wheels.Do reply .
http://autobodycarparts.com

the wheels which are 14X6 came on '60 - '67 B-Body Pontiacs I.E. Cats, Bonnevilles ect. seen the going for $400-$1500 a set!!!!get them at a classic auto wreckers a lot cheaper!! to get correct size tires you will have to special order for right diameter if staying stock (being biggest radial is 215/70 r14 which is to small)!! takes lots of $$$$$$$
i bought 16X7 8 chrome lugs for approx. $1200 from http://www.bopengineering.com/pontiac_full_size.shtml
money well spent far as i am concerned!!!!
mike
Go to Top of Page

Total Jackass
Tribal Scout

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  04:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ignore my post--just a spammer.

I'm a first class jerk and don't you forget it!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7223 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  6:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: