New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul
Cochise

USA
776 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used the flow master slip fit reducers? or any type of slip fit exaust stuff? I know im asking alot of questions but the T/A is getting close to drivable and im a little excited about it. Its been 10+ years now
Thank You all very much!!

Paul

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  09:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, I haven't used any slip fit stuff. I have a 3" header collector with a flange that bolts to a another flange that reduces down to 2.5" Pypes X pipe system. This type of arrangement has always been satisfactory. I now use SS fasteners to thwart rusting bolts, nuts and washers.

I would imagine that if the parts are installed properly they would work just fine. Guessing though.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  6:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a complete flowmaster 2 1/2" dual with H-pipe kit years ago shortly after buying my goat. The slip fit made it easy for a driveway installation, I enjoyed it for several years then sold it to a co-worker and he's been happy with it on his small block 69 chevelle for over 5 years. Its worth it when budget is a concern.

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cochise

USA
776 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  1:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will give it a try. I have the X pipe from jegs that came with pipe extensions. I just need to pull it all out and see what i can do with it. I guess the idea is to come off the headers and go into the X pipe and then back to the rear. The pipes that are on it now come off the headers, into glass packs and then right out in front of the rear tires. The 77 T/A came that way, and I dont like it the way it comes out in front of the rear tires. so I need to see what I have and then maybe buy new mufflers and pipes to finish the system out to the rear.

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: