New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atxbigdaddyd
Buffalo

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  10:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bought a remote start switch since my keys don't work. made my own "on" switch for the coil. when it came time to hook up the remote, i was lost!
i have never replaced just the solenoid before but was expecting to find 3 screws. with great difficulty, i only found 2. on a car this old is that normal? i got a mirror and looked around, but still only saw 2 w/ wires on them! it didn't matter, they are so tucked in i couldn't get the clips on the 2 post anyway!
should i lower the starter? that will be APITA!!!
help!!!

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  10:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
man i always drop the starter to work on that stuff, but with RA manifolds and a remote solenoid, it's very easy for me to drop as the big wire drops with it.

You just need to get power to the little wire. the big wire is the power source. Just two wires on these cars, main power and little activate "start" wire to tell the solenoid to engage it. you might find other wires like alternator wires or something running down there depending on year and who worked on it.
Go to Top of Page

atxbigdaddyd
Buffalo

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  11:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats what i needed to know! i can reach the small screw.
Go to Top of Page

atxbigdaddyd
Buffalo

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  3:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hooked it up and were off! she fired up and is on her way! thanks cortcomp for all your help!!!!
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  5:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem! i'm glad you got her going, nothing feels quite like hearing her run!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: