RobbMc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2012 :  4:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have lots good to say about this guy/company. First off, the parts are high quality from the get go.

Then, his service. I've got one of his mini-starters on 'the Beast'. After having it on the car for long enough for it to be outside his published warranty period, the pinion gear came apart. It was 100% my fault for not measuring and making sure it had enough backlash (it didn't). This was before the car was even on the road yet - I was just starting it a few times a month just to hear it run . Even though it was out of warranty and my fault, he fixed it for free.

Then about a month ago, I had another problem with it. It was like it wasn't engaging - just spinning the starter motor. If I kept trying it would eventually engage and start. I sent it to him again, this time WAYYY out of warranty. He fixed it again - at no charge to me - replacing a part that they'd been making out of stamped steel back when I bought it with a part that they're now machining out of a billet. Both times he could have charged me and would have been within his rights to do so, buit he didn't.

Bear

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2012 :  4:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm very happy with his fuel filter (big inline one) and fuel sending unit- 1/2 pickup tubes. Solid parts. Wish he offered it in both 0-90 and 230-33 ohm versions, had to convert mine, but oh well it works and was a lot more solid unit than the factory and universal ones i worked with to convert it.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2012 :  5:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I run his 550 fuel pump. No problems with it after 4 years,but I would expect that.
I remember when buying it though how good his service was. I had a few tech questions to ask before I decided to buy. I called and you get to talk to the guy who designs and makes them. Not some guy in an office looking at a computer screen for answers.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: