New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2012 :  2:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ames Tri-Power Pontiac Nationals is less than 2 months away!!!!

can we get a "Roll-Call" of PSP members bringin a car that will go down the track, whether it be once or multiple times?

(or just a roll call of PSP guys that will be there, whether racing, showing, or spectating.)

I WILL be there, but can't say for sure yet on the car situation, but I'd like to bring my lemans up and make a few passes. not pretty enough to "show".

1. PontiacMatt
2. cortcomp
3. Mr.Pontiac
4. RayK

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress

Edited by - PontiacMatt on 13 Jul 2012 10:01:14 AM

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2012 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping to have the 71 back together this weekend, and tweaking for columbus july 6-7-8. If all goes well this summer and everything seems tight and right and no strange issues, i'd love to run it down the track. I think the motor will do well, but i have tired radials and zero track experience, so i don't look forward to any kind of good times (ETs that is, i'm sure meeting everyone will be good times :) )
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2012 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cort, hopefully everything goes well and you can get the car up there!

any others??

Jim (Mr. P-body), how bout you guys? I heard Dirty Bird is up for sale... so guess we should not expect an appearance?

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2012 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so far (fingers crossed) she'll be set for columbus this weekend. barring any issues, then she should only get some minor tuning and polishing the rest of the summer. Even the A/C was working tonight! it's like the car doesn't hate me quite as much anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Mr.Pontiac
Sitting Bull

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  7:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in, trying new slicks out, hope everything go,s smoothly
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  09:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dirty Bird is "parked". Dave has moved on to other things in life.

Thanks to a certain member here, I have other "plans" in August! You guys have fun and stay safe, though!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  09:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have some tinkering to do, but 500 miles so far on the 71. I should be there! Have a wedding saturday, so probably looking at sunday.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3409 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  10:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. P-body,

If dirty bird isn't really busy that weekend, maybe one of us could get her down the track? I mean, i've driven pretty quick from one stoplight to another, how hard can a 6 second car be? ;-)
Go to Top of Page

clintww
Cochise

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got to see Dirty Bird engine parts on Easter. You could walk those stop lights faster than the bird will. Unless something has changed since.
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  09:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so far the PSP members count is up to 3.

Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2012 :  08:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be there. I haven't even gotten the Bird out of the garage as yet this year but I'm hoping to fix the flat tire, change the oil and get her going by next weekend. I did run it a couple times to test a few things out but that was it.

Both of my sons will be racing as well. Ray Jr. will have his 81 Bird there with the new engine, and my youngest, who is 17 at present time will be running his 2000 Bird. He ran at the high School nats at Norwalk in May so he has about 7 runs under his belt so far. 6 wins and one loss. Not bad for the first time out!!

Matt, I'm looking forward to talking with you again. Any other members as well.

1969 Firebird 461, #62 iron heads, Comp roller, Performer RPM, Q-Jet Turbo 400 w/ Continental converter. GM 8.5" 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.11.50's@ 119+ MPH
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2012 :  08:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not making it this year, Not enough vacation time. Daughter is going to college and have to get that done. I liked it last year, but the time off is not available.

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2012 :  2:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... 4!!!

who else?

I'm leaving a week from tomorrow. gettin excited. ordering a helmet tonight.

Ray, when are you all planning on heading up? thought i might try to pit near you guys, best i can.

Edited by - PontiacMatt on 26 Jul 2012 2:19:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2012 :  2:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure i can only get there Sunday, but maybe i'll get there friday?

I've never run before down the track, so i know i'd have a slow time regardless of my setup, but i'd still like to try. Are there open times on those days or do you have to be in some kind of racing bracket? I'd just like to run once or twice.
Go to Top of Page

russosborne
Sitting Bull

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2012 :  9:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm bummed. I had really thought I could go at least Saturday, but just don't have the extra money at this time. Paying for gas and entry to not be able to buy anything at the swapmeet is like paying to enter a restaurant and having to just watch others eat. Not fun when you are hungry. :(

That sunday is my birthday, just to top off a super weekend. Not.

I guess I will have to try to make sure my PSP shirt lasts until 2013.
Russ

Edited by - russosborne on 26 Jul 2012 9:48:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

russosborne
Sitting Bull

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2012 :  9:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
plus I can't even hit the right buttons here right now.
Russ

Edited by - russosborne on 26 Jul 2012 9:48:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2012 :  08:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cort, this will be my first experience racing. But as it was explained to me, friday is mostly just for timed runs/test and tune, that would be the day to make a couple passes. saturday they'll do timed runs in the morning, then begin eliminations. Sunday, short round of timed runs, then they'll mostly just be doing eliminations for the different racing classes.

Russ, sorry to hear you can't come for the whole weekend. if nothing else, come watch some Pure Pontiac racing action!!

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7223 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2012 :  2:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, refresh my memory. Aren't you in Kentucky?

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2012 :  11:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt,

Where are you staying in Ohio?? I was looking for a last minute deal.

The surgeon general said nothing about smokin a chevy...
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7223 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2012 :  12:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, are you taking your car.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2012 :  3:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil,

The car went back on the frame last weekend. Still a long way to go. The body is a stripped gutted shell.

Air fare/hotel and a car is $600 so I may be staying home unless there is a last minute deal.

Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2012 :  09:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil, Yes you are correct, Central Kentucky.(Near, Frankfort, and the home of the Wildcats, Lexington.)

Bob, Dad and I are staying at the Best Western in Norwalk - had reservations for many months, maybe almost a year. I just checked - it is completely booked.

How do you feel about camping? they allow camping at the track, not sure how much it would cost? not many options for hotels in Norwalk unfortunately. we stayed at the Econolodge last year, if i remember correctly. just checked with them as well - completely booked.

could maybe check here? http://www.ohiohotels.org/cities/Norwalk/?src_aid=1086~G~Norwalk%20ohio%20lodging~Broad&gclid=CMCQpe_AwbECFY2b7QodGAkAH

Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  08:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are leaving for Norwalk in about 2 hours. Hope to get a good spot in Linder's, but we will see.

1969 Firebird 461, #62 iron heads, Comp roller, Performer RPM, Q-Jet Turbo 400 w/ Continental converter. GM 8.5" 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.11.50's@ 119+ MPH
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Safe travels Ray. I'll seeya tomorrow afternoon, we'll hopefully be getting there sometime after noon i'm guessing, before 3 is what i'm hoping (at the latest)

Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  6:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a safe trip everyone and may the torque be with you!!

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5339 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2012 :  12:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As fate would have it, i didn't get to leave the house today. Wife and daughter both sick and throwing up, and had to leave the 71 in a parking lot last night (front tire is TKO and won't hold air) Raining like crazy here and have to go put the spare on and bring her home. Always something! I'll have to get everything perfect on the car and then store it and not drive it so nothing can go wrong until net year!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: