Radiator Hoses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vanmor
Cochise

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2012 :  10:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vanmor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There seems to be two different top radiator hoses for the 68' GTO. Mine came with the one that practically lays on the driver side valve cover. There looks to be another that has a third bend in it and goes more vertical at it's connection at the engine.

I know there are two different water necks on the water cross over. I have both to choose from. I was wondering if I need to go to the hose that doesn't have contact with the valve cover ?

"A man has got to know his limitations." Dirty Harry

Vanmor
Cochise

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2012 :  11:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vanmor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After doing some digging, I found the correct part number for the 68' GTO top water hose. It is GM #9796090. The hose should look like this:

My hose does not look like this. I found a number on my existing hose. That number is B13A6*AG. However, that turned out to be a Goodyear number pertaining to the type of hose it is. It's some kind of agriculture suction or pumping hose.

I went to the GTO picture site and looked at a lot of 68' GTO engine pics. Sure enough, the hose pictured is the correct one. As usual for my car, I have the wrong water neck and hose.

"A man has got to know his limitations." Dirty Harry

Edited by - Vanmor on 12 Mar 2012 9:23:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: