New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billwolf620
Buffalo

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, So I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days. I have been online and reading and I think I am about to pull my last string of hair out lol. From what I can tell I have a B series Chassis Electrical system. I have have the rally gauges and all gauges work except the temp. My temp gague is not working because there is not temp sensor in either head of my car. I can not find the plug that goes on the temp sensor. I have the gauge only option W/O lamp light. What does the temp sensor wire connector look like? and what color wire should I be looking for? I have been look at 72 Pontiac service manual and can not find any pictures of the connector, only the sensor. I have some idea of the wiring after looking at the wiring diagram. The guidance would be grateful! Thanks!!!

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  11:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this will work on your car, but on my 69 GTO the temp sending unit screws into the water crossover on the front of the intake manifold. The temp sending unit connector wire is in the same bundle that goes to the alternator and runs along the drivers side of the intake manifold. The connector is on a green wire. You didn't mention if your car originally had gauges or warning lights, but just in case - wiring harness for lights is different from the one for gauges, as is the printed circuit board on the back side of the instrument cluster.

Bear
Go to Top of Page

billwolf620
Buffalo

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  1:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car has the rally gauges where the gauges are in the same cluster.The car has 400 ci engine. I have the one green wire, it just does not have the connector on the end to attach it to the the temp sending unit. It looks like someone cut the wire and remove the temp sending unit and put a plug in the head where the temp sending unit goes. The book shows that my temp sending unit goes in the driver side head. I just can not find the connector that goes on it. I want my temp gauge to work, i just hate to rig something up. I want to do it right and make everything look clean.
Go to Top of Page

billwolf620
Buffalo

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  4:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found it!!! Finally ACDELCO part #G1852 it has the sensor and the connector!
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  4:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice! thanks for posting the part number, it will help someone else on here later who has a similar issue!
Go to Top of Page

billwolf620
Buffalo

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  8:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem..i have been trying to find it for over a week! I have search so many sites and been to a lot of stores. I found the AC Delco number and put it in www.oreillyauto.com and got lucky.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD0/G1852.oap?ck=Search_g1852_-1_-1&keyword=g1852
Go to Top of Page

Vanmor
Cochise

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2012 :  03:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vanmor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks for sharing your results. If everyone would do that, things would go better for everyone.

I can't count how many searches I've done on various web sites where somebody posted they found an answer to their problem and then ended the thread. No results, no nothing. Not much of a help and kind of thoughtless to boot.

"A man has got to know his limitations." Dirty Harry
Go to Top of Page

Total Jackass
Tribal Scout

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  04:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q. Why don't you see giraffes in elementary school?
http://www.latewatches.com/breitling-chrono-avenger.html

I'm a first class jerk and don't you forget it!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: