New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Latech
Cochise

USA
397 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2011 :  5:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a Great Idea. I have allways Liked the 80 and up G bodys and the Idea of having a pontiac motor in say an 84 (like Mike) allways appealed to me. Good going
I will have a spare 350 pontiac later on, maybe I should look for a clean G body forwith to transplant into. Hmmmmm

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  8:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These cars are still plentiful, relatively inexpensive, and respond to the same things as say, an A body. I'll be getting after the leaky trans on the wagon soon and then comes the body and paint it's waited patiently on for a very long time.

When I bought it in January of 1990.

Now

And the GP

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2011 :  09:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now this is a sweet Grand Prix, bought it in 2010. This is a 2006 Grand Prix ...

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2011 :  5:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Um, Rich, this is for rear wheel drive cars with the engine mounted in the correct direction. :)

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2011 :  8:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich, that's wrong-wheel-drive! And yes, its sweet if it was dropped by helicopter into a Domino sugar factory. ;-)

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  06:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch! That was good Phil, I'll have to remember that one.

Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm taking my cookies and going home!

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Anyone that has ever driven one of the last generation of GPs KNOWS these cars ARE "sweet". And I hate to tell you, but an '02 GTP will blow the DOORS off a '64 421 car... Not to mention drives "circles" around it.

I love the old GPs. But don't be foolish about the later ones, GREAT cars! Not "classic" Pontiacs, I grant you, but great cars, anyway.

Relax, Rich.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  2:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Mrs. has an 02 GTP (40th Aniv.). Agree its quick, but it is a joke next to our (old dinosaur) Buick GN's with basically the same 3.8 Buick engine. Also, I never liked the looks of the last generation, too vanilla and looked like a bloated Grand Am to my eye. The 02 style was nicer looking IMHO.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 26 Jul 2011 2:11:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  6:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Phil,

I don't disagree with you on either "count". The '97-'02 GP may be one of the prettiest cars ever made by anyone. BUT... The GN is "special". And no, the 3800 Series 3 & 4 share NOTHING with the 231. Even the rod bearings are different... The later ones are "loosely" based on the 231. The heads on the later ones are FAR more efficient. AND, your GN will also SMOKE a '64...(:-

Jim
Go to Top of Page

82-84 GrandPrix
Tribal Scout

9 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2011 :  10:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to add That I've always been a fan of the 81-87 grand prix.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: