New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well things are coming together. As it looks now I will be there. Only thing that would hold me back is a job interview. (If that happens I will post right away.) Leaving VA Thursday. Should be there late Thursday night. Where do ya'll stay? I was thinking of camping at the gate.

Will I ever be done?

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  8:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've missed hanging with you guys--sorry I can't make it to Norwalk.

Bill

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  11:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, It was our yearly get together to catch up. Man we talked abouot a lot about family and life. I will miss it to.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

ctpontiac
Buffalo

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  07:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I was going. Just got the motor back together last night hoping it will last the rest of the season. We will be points racing that weekend anyway. Have fun hope we all can get together again soon - always was a great time.
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  11:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corey it is going to be an adventure. We did have fun didn't we. Sometime I will try to get up to where you are. Hope you do fantastic and keep the chevy boys sweating.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  3:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom, I just realized I did not call you... oh bother. I deleted your message and then my mind deleted my message to call you back. Dang. Anyway, I believe Frankenstein is retired. I no longer have the resource or the time to have a race only car in my driveway. After I collect a few hundred dollars, Franky is destined to be a pro streeter. No norwalk for me, but maybe another time if things come together. I am working on a new career, and it takes a lot of focus.

Greg

"...if I change one more thing, I'm sure I can squeeze out another 5hp.."
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  6:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg--I wish you the very best with your new focus.

As for me, I wish I knew what was right for me. I've done a lot of thinking and still can't come up with what I really want to do. I need something that is exciting-energizing-invigorating for the mind and spirit. My military career was so challenging, it's not been equalled since my retirement. However, dwelling on past accomplishments and "what I could have done" is not forward looking nor inspirational. "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away." It appears to be true.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

Christ
Howling Wind

USA
1808 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2011 :  10:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Don't look back it just a waste of time. Memories are one thing.

Just remember one thing you can't take it with you.

The Egyptians proved that!
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  7:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dave says Dirty Bird IS going. I've been invited and have a ride up AND a hotel... I'll know better by Monday,. how the heat is affecting me. Rosie says I "can go" as long as none of the "household" money goes with me (after 8 weeeks of not working, things are tight...).

Rick Holladay wants to go. Gene and I talked and he wants to go, too. Steve Prudhomme (no relation) has a '77 Formula with a Pro-charged 461 that puts near 600 to the ground (pump gas, "driver"). Looks like CVMS will be represented better than ever at the "big one".

So, all you guys from our area, let's get together on this.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  7:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm about 2 hours from norwalk, i really should go but i KNOW i'd buy a ton of parts. Plus, nothing makes me hate my car more when it's broke down than seeing other cars running happily not giving their owners attitude and eating up the best garage bay on jack stands always being in the way and gathering dust.

Depending on how busy i am, i just may have to head up there to meet everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  9:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg I hope the new direction is good for you. New careers are challenging and require focus but when you got it down it gives you a sense of accomplishment. I have just been accepted into the GS world and will start a new career mid August but it should be a quick transition. Best of luck to you and hope you excel.

I have a saying. Shoulda, woulda, coulda will kick your ass. Learn from it and move on. I remember driving ships and it is wierd being on them and not driving them.

Jim, I will be happy to get together with the guys from CVM. Gene going to bring all the cars or just the Goat.

Cort, Just look for the burgandy lemans with an ill fitting black hood and you have found me. Stop by.

Past few days weekend has been busy sorry haven't been on the boards,

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  9:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we talking Norwalk, OH? When is it?

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  9:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aug 5-7. I plan on leaving Thursday 4th and driving back on the 8th. It is going to be a long drive for me. about 10 to 11 hours.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  10:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That just might be a do-able date for me.
Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  05:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We live about 45 minutes from the track and will definately be there! My son is completing his 81 Bird and that will be it's first outting. I'll have my Bird there as well. Staying in Linder's lot Thursday night.

1969 Firebird 461, #62 iron heads, Comp roller, Performer RPM, Q-Jet Turbo 400 w/ Continental converter. GM 8.5" 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.11.50's@ 119+ MPH
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  09:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Gallopin Goat is "down" right now. Broke a main bulkhead in the large journal block (making that level of power, no real surprise). It didn't do any damage other than the block, so Gene has another at a local shop in Fredricksburg being bored/honed/decked. It MAY be ready. His friend Scott (Bunny's "clutch monkey") just bought Jim Zeek's car, so they'll be taking that for sure.

Mike,

Try to make it. It's always good to meet "net" friends face to face.

Ray,

Haven't seen you in a while. It would be good to catch up.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  11:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,, I'm looking forward to catching up! It's always a great time. Will you be walking through Linder's on Thursday?

1969 Firebird 461, #62 iron heads, Comp roller, Performer RPM, Q-Jet Turbo 400 w/ Continental converter. GM 8.5" 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.11.50's@ 119+ MPH
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOOO!!! It's just a few more days away!

Jim, hope you can make it up! would like to meet you in person!

I'd love to bring the Lemans up and make and attempt at a pass or two, but I won't make it in time on friday for test and tune... so I guess I'll just leave it back at home.

at any rate, can't wait to get there!

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  3:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Sorry guys. Discretion is the better part of valor. I've decided to stay as close to home as possible through the rest of the hot season. It's just too soon.

But DB IS going!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  10:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,
Sorry to hear you are not going to make it. Would be good to see you again but I understand and will see you at Dinwiddie some time.

I am excited to go. Loading stuff up and getting ready. Checked valve lash and changed out the fuel pickup from 5/16 to a 3/8. Car is ready.

Should be pulling into Lenders between 8 to 10.

Whhooo HHOOOO. Ohio here I come...

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  09:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I'd like to meet you but can't recall what your car looks like... I'm gonna start a thread for Norwalk Roll Call... maybe members here can post pics so that maybe we can recognize each other in Norwalk?

Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  5:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, Done. Sorry no pics of me. Camera not industrial enough.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2011 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am back. Had a great time and met some great people in the pits. Broke a tranny cable and thrashed on that Friday night till 1 Am. Saturday was adjust the linkage and got that done for time trials. I lost in first round. (such is life) Delays and a rainout for 3rd round and up. Volunteered as a backup tire wiper for Dirty Bird, but I was not called to do the deal. Thanks Keith for the opertunity. Got bumped first round Sunday. Hung out and left at 4 pm. Got home at 330 am

Matt, sorry I didn't see you there maybe next year. We were pitted by the end of the track. About a 1/2 mile away from the starting line.

The Summit track is awesome. They get the runs done! There were a lot of cars there and we had to stage my class by evens and odds. I had a blast and will go next year.

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  07:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea Tom I too apologize for not finding you. I only got to go through the pits one time, and briefly at that. visited with Ray and Cliff but that's about all the forum guys I got to visit. The heat was hard on my dad, he wasn't as interested in grazing the pits as I was, so he stayed behind in the shade. I didn't wanna leave him alone too long. most of our time was spent on the opposite side of the track. Dad loves the swap meet.

anyway, yea maybe next year I can catch up with ya and get to meet you Tom.

Hopefully others from here on the forum can join next year as well! be handy if we could meet on friday night or saturday for dinner or lunch or something.

Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2012 :  06:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt,, we'll be in Linder's Lot on Thursday. Will you be there? I have a camper this year, not my blue truck. So if you're there, just look for my Bird tagging along behind the camper.

Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2012 :  3:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Ray. (this is the thread from last year but that's ok. )

Dad and I will be comin on Friday, aim to get there around mid day. I'll come track ya down somewhere sometime. I'll keep an eye out for the bird-pullin camper rig.

I'd love to camp but dad is just not up for it at all, can't handle the discomfort due to back issues. maybe i need to convince him we need a racecar/camper rig...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: