New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Latech
Cochise

USA
397 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2011 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some concern about the divider plates (2) in my timing cover.
I am going to run the early (64-68) pump, timing cover and seperator plates on my 64 to keep it looking 64 ish.
I have new plates (stainless ones) and allready know about tweeking the plate to impeller distance so dont bother with that.
My concern is the plates have several issues that look like they could be improved, to insure a more positive flow. Or am I just overthinking things, faking myself out.
Could some one fill me in here, who is running the early setup and have you had any troubles?
The way it is setup it looks like the passenger side of the motor is actually restricted by the forward plate and it appears that the flow would be cut in half.on the drivers side the plates could be a closer fit , as they are it appears some flow would be lost back into the suction side through the edges where the fit is kinda loose. Anyone out there grasping this at all? I do have pics.

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2011 :  10:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
other than internal housing plate adjustment i made adjustment to the outer edge of divider plate to bring it to the face of pump flange thus eliminating movement back and forth in housing, every thing stayed put so far for last 8 yrs.as for passenger side restriction it does look like it but my pump flows better than ever after these adjustments, it is easy to over analyze the situation! put it together and it should be fine!!
mike
Go to Top of Page

Latech
Cochise

USA
397 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  8:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent , thanks Mike. Its good to hear from someone who has been there and done that.
I can say I was overthinking it, and I suddenly realized that all the pump action in the world wont overcome the metered / sized holes in the head gasket.
I did have concerns as I am sure you did (8 years ago) .It often makes me wonder, if it worked why did they change it, or did they change it because it didnt work well. I can sleep now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: