New member in the 6 second club!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2220 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  1:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Vinny Madeya, from SoCal, last weekend at Pontiac Heaven in AZ, made several passes, mostly in the 7.05 range at 197. His best was a 6.99 @ 199. His F/C chassis was run sans body as the body wasn't "ready".

Congrats to Vinny for all his hard work. He's pretty much "on an island" out there, without a whole lot of serious support. The nost interesting thing? Stock block (400) and a nodular crank!

Congrats, Vinny!

Jim

rad400
War Paint

USA
1242 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  4:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Vinny nice 6.99

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Kiwi Mal
Cochise

New Zealand
679 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  01:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The nost interesting thing? Stock block (400) and a nodular crank!

WOWHow do you make a stock block and crank live to make the power levels to run those times. I suppose next we will find out it's a 557 block.

Congrats Vinny

Edited by - Kiwi Mal on 06 Apr 2011 05:14:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  3:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. P-Body

Vinny Madeya, from SoCal, last weekend at Pontiac Heaven in AZ, made several passes, mostly in the 7.05 range at 197. His best was a 6.99 @ 199. His F/C chassis was run sans body as the body wasn't "ready".

Congrats to Vinny for all his hard work. He's pretty much "on an island" out there, without a whole lot of serious support. The nost interesting thing? Stock block (400) and a nodular crank!

Congrats, Vinny!

Jim

Thanks, Jim! And, thanks to you and WG for all of your support and encouragement. Yes, a factory 400 block and nodular crank (we can't afford the aftermarket blocks and cranks just yet). We ran a 7.36 et at Bakersfield last year and just needed to do more testing on the 3-disk glide clutch. Just to make sure it was no fluke, here are my 4 test passes at Steve's Pontiac Heaven event...
First Pass:

Second Pass:

Third Pass:

Fourth Pass:

Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
648 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  8:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's insanely awesome Vinny congrats!

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  4:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! We're just about ready to make runs in full funny car trim. I'm looking forward to the aero stability at the top end.

Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2471 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  8:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is awesome! Quite an achievement. Congrats to you and your team.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
4244 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  10:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to see what she can do with the aerodynamic body!
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were finally able to make a hit at Bakersfield (Famoso) during the Friday Night test and tune with the rest of the nostalgia funny cars and dragsters. (the date on the timer is one day ahead) Still stock 400 block, but with a forged crank this time around.

[URL=http://s268.photobucket.com/user/vin63/media/Pontiac%20and%20FED/Vince_Famoso_06142013_zpsbbb0d376.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s268.photobucket.com/user/vin63/media/Pontiac%20and%20FED/PreMarchMeet_2013b_zps6e9bcc35.jpg.html][/URL]

Edited by - Vin63 on 16 Jun 2013 08:56:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  10:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love to hear about Pontiacs goin fast. Vinny, wish you weren't so far out west, would love to see that thing run at Norwalk in August. Hope to hear of more good runs, keep us updated!

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  09:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For you factory Pontiac block fans, here's what we logged in our only pass (4 hours in the staging lanes waiting to make a pass) at the Friday Night Test n Tune session for the Saturday Night Nitro event.

Edited by - Vin63 on 07 Nov 2013 3:44:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
4244 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  5:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, fantastic and even with that Reaction Time! I felt like such an idiot with my .250, but it makes me feel a little better that you pros don't always nail a .001 :)

175mph and 6.3 seconds in a stock block. You are raising the bar out there!
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  6:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, since we're just doing test passes in a product development mode, I tend to keep a close eye on the oil pressure gauge even when I bump into the second beam since anything below 80 psi in oil pressure condition would be disastrous for what we're trying to do. So, I check the oil pressure before launching the car, which means reaction time is last on the priority list when we make our runs.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
4244 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2013 :  6:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, so you guys are leaving late on purpose....i'm just bad then. :) Congrats again, that's a hell of an accomplishment.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2220 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  6:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN!!!!!

GREAT ET. Real good MPH, too! I think you may have the quickest Kaufman-headed car "out there", including theirs! Last I heard, Jeff went a 6.44. He may have done better, but I haven't heard. If anyone else knows more current info, I'm askin...

Congtatulations, Vinny. That ragedy-ass ol' Injun is making believers on the Left Coast!

You need a "Yah, it's gotta Hemi!" bumper sticker on your trailer, and start keeping track with ticky marks... "Bad Medicine" is on safari! (hunting elephants...)

Jim

p.s.

Bill,

Call me about this one!

Edited by - Mr. P-Body on 09 Sep 2013 6:37:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jim! We appreciate all of your support and bouncing ideas off of you. Just doing our part to prove that Pontiac got it right the first time.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2220 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well, it took Hemi to knock Pontiac off the top. It's only natural, it's the one to come back and give them "hell"... Come to think of it, it took "Pontiac" heads to make BBC "Hemi competitive".

Twice, when Dirty Bird showed up at 1/8 mile tracks, Hemi guys loaded their stuff and left. It's embarrassing getting beat "by a damn Pontiac..." The "old school" guys (and gals) were happy to see us. They knew a little history and didn't laugh when we said "Pontiac V8". The young-buck redneck Chevy boys around here ALL laughed. Until...(:-

Keep it up. I'm trying to drum up interest for a new one around here.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

pontiacchuck
Buffalo

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  08:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ALL THE 6 SEC CARS MUST BE AT NOWALK 2014 THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE AND JIM I HOPE YOU CAN GET ANOTHER ON THE EAST COAST

charles dixon
Go to Top of Page

Vin63
Tribal Scout

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2013 :  3:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made one last hit at the last 2013 test and tune session at Famoso this past weekend. We were trying out the new 455 combo trying to get some data on the fuel requirement changes. We were pretty conservative on the clutch, but we still have an ignition issue that will probably require us to buy new MSD Pro Mag parts over the winter. Just doing our part of prove Pontiacs can run consistently - no one hit wonder that's for sure.

Getting ready to run her last time this year

We pitted next to a cool Buick-powered digger - we were in the BOP step-children part of the pits :

Edited by - Vin63 on 07 Nov 2013 3:45:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Total Jackass
Tribal Scout

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  04:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which Golf Clubs Are Better - Steel or Graphite ?.
http://www.vintbridals.com/bridesmaid-dresses.html

I'm a first class jerk and don't you forget it!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
6281 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  6:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT

"Chevy": even the name sounds cheap.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly