Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PSP Store is closed until further notice. However, I still have one big item to sell and that's a brand new standard finish Tomahawk single plane intake manifold for our 400+ Pontiac engines.

Rather than continue to offer it for sale, I think the best way to move this unit is by offering it through a raffle. One lucky guy is going to get a $200 intake for $5.

So here are the rules.

I will create a ticket with your name and address on it. Each ticket with this information will be put in a box. Any one person may purchase up to 4 tickets.

1 ticket for $5
2 tickets for $10
3 tickets for $15
4 tickets for $20

When I get a total of 40 tickets sold, I'll conduct a drawing. My son Brian will be the person to pull the winning ticket name etc.

The lucky winner will be announced on this thread and I'll ship the intake off to him.

How to buy tickets? The simplest way is to use the "donation" button on the main page. It's through Paypal so they get a piece of the action, but hey, I need to get this baby into the hands of a guy who wants a single plane intake. Not only that, the price is right.

The drawing has to be done quickly so that if I don't get 40 tickets sold, I can refund everyone their money without penalty. So, let's do this and wrap things up no later than 15 March. Buy your ticket soon!

Here's the main page for those who are computer challenged.
http://www.pontiacstreetperformance.com/

Note: Any money collected that exceeds 40 tickets will be donated by me to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This is one of my favorite charities.

Thanks guys, and it is appreciated.

Bill

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  4:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent a pmt for some tickets but it didn't let me put a note with it. The payment today at about 4pm est was for the raffle. Great idea and thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, got it. You've got 4 tickets.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  6:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool idea --- I just sent an "order" in too.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it Rob--4 tickets.

Thanks,
Bill

Go to Top of Page

sixt8bird
Chief Many Horses

USA
1114 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  8:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit sixt8bird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just sent $20. But I don't win anything so it just helps to get the drawing to 40 tickets. I think you are at least 1/2 way there.
It would be a first if I won!!
Go to Top of Page

clintww
Cochise

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  9:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just sent ya some $$ to get me entered!
Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Cochise

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  12:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, sent ya a payment for $20 bones!

PSP Member since 1996

Never enough cubes...

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, Clint and Steve--received your money and each of you have tickets in place.

We are 1/2 way there.

Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  09:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought 4.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  09:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I don't have a paypal account...

I gotta see what I can make happen... these tickets are goin FAST as Dirty Bird!!

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got you covered Drake.

Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  1:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Put me down for 2 tickets Bill, thanx.

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  2:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy--got it, you're covered.

Go to Top of Page

sixt8bird
Chief Many Horses

USA
1114 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  12:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit sixt8bird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoooo Hoooo! I won I won!!!

I just switched to Gieko and saved $430 on my car insurance!!!

No I didn't to both statements!! LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  06:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, we're getting closer, but not there yet. No activity last night. Today's another day to get your tickets.

C'mon, let's make this happen.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone is lucky you capped it at 4 tickets per person. I would have bought half :-P
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  2:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PontiacMatt--do you want to participate? If so, send me a check for the number of tickets you want. I will hold the check. If no drawing, I'll give you a holler and you I'll void it out. Let me know.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  8:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one else interested????

Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  08:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, that will work! (I apologize I didn't get to this sooner... went to UFC fights in Louisville last night.)

I'll get the money order in the mail tomorrow (sat) morning, for $20.

Thanks!!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Matt--didn't want to leave you out.

Time's running. We need several more enthusiasts to do this. Please don't delay or it will fail.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  11:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, put me down for $20. I'll send a paypal later when I'm back at my computer if that's ok(?).

Note: Got you covered Phil.
Bil
l

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, Winner pays shipping would seem fair.

Bill, I just noticed we have the same favorite charity: St. Judes Children Research Hospital.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  2:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think paying shipping is fine, especially if it's just plain old ground.

Maybe set a time frame for everyone to buy tickets and then if no one else does and we're short, open it up for another round of buying by those of us that already have?
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  3:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at 34 tix...

just 6 more need to sell.

Go to Top of Page

76FormulaFiend
Buffalo

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  6:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
payment sent for 4 tickets

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. Charles Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  7:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek--thanks, got it. You're covered.

We're getting close now.

Go to Top of Page

76FormulaFiend
Buffalo

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  6:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
come on guys only 2 more tickets....

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. Charles Darwin
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  7:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Someone snap em up!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  4:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are on the cusp right now, just waiting for PontiacMatt's cert check to arrive.

For anyone still interested, please buy your ticket(s) between now and Tuesday Midnight. I'll announce the drawing time on Wednesday 9 March.

Bill

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just sent $20 via Paypal.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian--you're covered. Thanks.
Bill

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PontiacMatt--received your check today. You have 4 tickets.

Tonight will be the drawing. Good luck to all of you.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  5:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have my lucky pontiac hat on and my fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  6:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The drawing will be delayed. My son called and won't be leaving the office until 8:45 tonight. He's working on some special architectural project that needs completion today. Once he gets home and settled, we'll do the drawing. He's making the selection.

Hang in there guys. Keep wearing those lucky hats.

PS it will be announced tonight.

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  11:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the video of tonight's Tomahawk drawing and winner.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/285/sn4i.mp4

Congratulations.

----
Go to Top of Page

clintww
Cochise

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  11:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Steve!!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  11:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! That was a real
cool way to present the winner. Well done guys!

Go to Top of Page

sixt8bird
Chief Many Horses

USA
1114 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  12:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit sixt8bird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boy I thought just for a second I won but then there was a different Steve!!!UGH!!! My luck!! Oh well, I hope Steve will bolt it up and use it right away!.
I wouldn't have the time to do anything with it except put it with all my other intakes. I have to get my Hemi Hotrod done so I can start working on my Pontiacs again!!!!!
Congrats to one lucky Steve from one unlucky Steve!! LOL!!
PS Congrats in getting rid of your last intake Bill!! That was a great way to do it.
Go to Top of Page

76FormulaFiend
Buffalo

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  12:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like the video it was very honest... i was wondering how you would pull that off

Go to Top of Page

sixt8bird
Chief Many Horses

USA
1114 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  02:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit sixt8bird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute, I couldn't read the paper that was pulled out!!! Kidding! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  07:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sixt8bird

Wait a minute, I couldn't read the paper that was pulled out!!! Kidding! LOL!

That's what I was going to say.
I don't have a problem trusting Bill,or most guys on this site.
Congrats Steve.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  07:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was surprised to see that so many of you stayed up last night to see who won. First off, thanks for participating in this drawing. And I appreciate the confidence you have in me to do it fairly.

The video idea was something I thought of to do, as well as including a close up of the winning ticket. I muffed that part. To me the most important thing was to run the drawing in one "take" with no editing. That was done. My wife ran the camera, and caught it without catching the floor or the ceiling; Brian, I told him he was going to be the "Vanna White" in this thing, so he knew what to do. It was all add libbed and we all had fun doing it.

This morning after reviewing your comments, I told my wife what you guys said. She wanted to see the video herself and read the comments. She laughed at the video and enjoyed reading your comments.

So, today, I'll pack up the Tomahawk and sent it to the "other Steve." In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't seen the video yet. Maybe he did and fainted at winning.

By the way the "other Steve" is Cortcomp! Brian pulled his winning ticket.

----
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  08:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhh...THAT Steve (I didn't know corts name was Steve). He's got his intake pulled right now,perfect timing! I smell an engine build up coming.

Edited by - 67drake on 10 Mar 2011 08:43:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  09:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lucky dog! haha.

I think he'll owe us some pics/vids of the Tomahawk installed and feeding a Pontiac mill... aye?

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW! I went to bed early after working on the 71's cam timing and totally missed this! I think this might be the perfect intake to go on the 455/e-head combo!!! I feel like the luckiest guy ever!
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  09:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This has really made my day, thanks so much Bill!
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very cool! Bill you should throw raffles more often. I liked how you and your son pulled it off. Congrats again to Steve-cortcomp.

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words Randy. I appreciate it.

BTW, the intake was boxed up and is now at FED EX for a Monday delivery to Cortcomp.

I know how excited I get about new parts and tools etc, so, getting this intake to him right away was a must thing to do.

Enjoy.
==================

The PSP store is officially closed. All my inventory is gone.

----
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  3:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Got your email, and thanks for the fast shipment! I still think it'd be fair to pay shipping, please let me know what it was and i'll be happy to send it via the donation button.

I have to say, that's one nice bar setup! After watching the film again i saw it's setup to be a boat with the red port light on it...what a slick setup!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  4:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cortcomp---You like the boat bar. My dad was in the boat yard /yacht repair biz for many years and it was one of his work boats. In 1977, we were having too many issues with it and it was pulled from service. My dad and I cut it up and brought that section home. My dad changed the deck so that beverages could sit straight on it (bar top). It has been very serviceable over the years.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 10 Mar 2011 6:55:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: