Adding Photos to threads: How to do it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2011 :  11:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This photo was able to be viewed on the forum using IMAGESHACK.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Open your browser in a new window and copy this URL address http://imageshack.us/content.php?page=uploader

2. Once that page opens you must register and create an account. It's free.

3. Enter all the pertinent registration information and submit after writing down all the password and user ID info and safely store it.

4. IMAGESHACK will send you an email within 10 minutes.

5. Check your email and read the instructions.

6. Go back to Imageshack and log in. You may select the box (remember me)

7. Once you log in look for the media upload button in the top menu

8. Place the photo you wish to upload on your computer's desk top for easy access

9. Look for the browse feature with Imageshack and find the photo on your desk top and select it; it will appear in the box, id it, give the size and then you

10. Select image size in the drop down --select 640x480 for message boards

11. Click the UPLOAD NOW button

12. Several seconds later a new box will appear showing the image you've selected

13. Go to DIRECT LINK

14. In the box is the URL address. This must be copied. Right click on your mouse after highlighting the entire address and select COPY.

15. You are now ready to go to thePSP thread of your desire on PSP and get the photo to appear as you wanted. He's what to do next----

16. Go to the NEW THREAD or OLD Thread and seek to reply or post. When that box opens up you must paste the URL address into the box.

17. One the URL address fully appears (it must be exactly the way it was on Imageshack, highlight the URL address with you mouse and then go to the menu bar. Look for the little box which has a mountain showing in the box it has a yellow background. With the URL still highlighted click that "insert image" button. What will happen is it will insert [img} and [/img} between the URL address.

18. Go you preview and the photo will appear if it is done correctly. If it fails to show up, more than likely you didn't copy the URL address from Imageshack or you screwed up at the forum putting the and {/img] between the URL address.

Note also that once the photo appears, you can edit the post and add text as may be appropriate to explain the photo. You can also do it before you add the image.

In this example, the photo was added with text following. It can be done with text first or image following. Your choice.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2011 :  12:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A slightly easier method maybe... (how I do it anyway)

Still using Imageshack. You can upload images without registering with imageshack... but can't keep albums or a collection of photos unless you are registered.

-Go here: http://imageshack.us

-Make sure you're on the "Media Upload" tab (other tabs are "Upgrade","Tools","My Images")

-make sure image/video is selected

-For Image Resize, click drop down list and select "640x480 (for message boards)"

*I do not "Add Tags" and I leave the "Label Thumb" on "No" selection.

-Click "Browse..."

-Select the photo you want to post to forum

-click blue "Upload Now" button

*it will advance to a different page, showing you a thumbnail of your picture on the left of the page.
*below the thumbnail of your picture, there are several "codes". (example: Link, Direct Link, Forum Code, Alt Forum Code, etc)

-Copy the "FORUM" code (be sure to get the entire thing.)

-return to PSP

-in the text box (what you type your post/response in), paste the Forum code.

*Example: will look something like this
[URL=http://img710.imageshack.us/i/lemansngarage2.jpg/][ IMG ]h ttp://img710.imageshack.us/img710/91/lemansngarage2.jpg[ /IMG ][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

-Trim this code down for a cleaner look:
-delete everything before [ IMG ] and everything after [ /IMG ] (including the "uploaded with..." part.) keep everything in between the IMG's.

-Submit Reply/Post New Reply on PSP.

and voila!

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress

Edited by - PontiacMatt on 09 Feb 2011 12:26:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2011 :  4:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Photobucket. Once the image is loaded into your album simply hover on the picture and a little box will pop up. Left click on image code and it automatically copies, the simply right click and click paste when you are in the body of your message on this site and presto! There it is.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

dgray
Cochise

845 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2011 :  08:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike - What year is that Tempest wagon? I just got a brainstorm about putting similar doghouse sheetmetal on a GMC Caballaro that is available. It is a G body, 1981, with a full frame. I wonder.
Go to Top of Page

hbomb7677
Tribal Scout

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2011 :  09:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow, thanks guys....been tryin' to do this for a while.
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2011 :  11:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The car is a 79, but the nose is an 81. It came off of an 81 Grand Lemans 4 door that I parted out. I also have a front clip from an 81 Bonneville that is the same as the Grand Prix. I've always wanted to do a Pontiac version of an El Camino but haven't found a donor car yet. Pontiac had prototypes of them in 78-81 but they never went to production. The pics I saw were black and gold with snow flake wheels. pretty neat looking. I've got the pics in a book somewhere. If I can locate it I'll post them.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  2:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q-Jet by Cliff!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  10:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a short video created in IMovie with my IMac. My sons were always the ones with the magic know-how to do this. This video is my first effort at being a film editor. That graying fat guy in the tee shirt and worn out shorts...well that's me. The video was saved as a .mov and uploaded to Imageshack. It took several minutes for it to upload and was converted to an mp4. Then, just like photos, the direct link was copied and pasted below.

Simply click on the link and a new window will open with the video.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1742/chg.mp4

[14 July 2015--I noticed this link is no longer working from Imageshack. I'm a little disappointed...they change stuff too often.]

The video has little substance to it. It was filmed 1 day after the choke was adjusted and the mixture screws and idle screw adjusted. The noise you here at first is the newly installed vacuum pump that comes on with the turn of the ignition switch for a few seconds. It runs intermittently, as needed, to assist my power brakes. The cranking of the engine was on a cold engine. Once started the choke kicked in raising rpm to 1750, on the high step. Moments later filming switched to the rear of the car and I then proceeded to kick down the carb to idle speed.

Bill

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  12:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice Bill, so the elec vac pump worked out nicely for you. It sounds mean, I'm sure you'll hardly notice the pump.

Some nice looking Pontiacs & engines on this board, I'd like to see more Grand Prix's, I used to own one...a 70 Model J but it was a rot box.

Keep the pics comin, come on show off your ride!

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

cowboy
Buffalo

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  3:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - cowboy on 17 Feb 2013 4:02:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: