Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  09:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
My TA resto project begins today. The clock has started. (Mark your calendar Phil. )

Drove the car last evening and discovered that my driver's side headlight was aiming down. Duh! Checked it out and found that the plastic adjusting nut failed and was no longer gripping the "bulkhead." Need to replace this immediately. I suppose all of those plastic adjustment nuts need to be replaced now as they will fail in time. Got any ideas where to get them? Not sure if they are generic pieces.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile
I'd check NPD and Ames.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
I visited the local automotive store and found the pieces I need. The parts are made in China--don't we manufacture anything anymore? The originals lasted 31 years and were made in the USA or in Canada.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 27 Oct 2010 3:47:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage
Nope, we just send our money overseas. Just got some patch panels for the 77 GMC, all made in Korea.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2010 :  11:33:00 PM  Show Profile
I guess it's balls to the wall now (hopefully) on the T/A since the Vette is finally gone??

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2010 :  6:42:48 PM  Show Profile
To what extent is the restoration going to go Bill?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Let me give you an idea of what is planned.

Suspension: All new grommets and rubber everywhere front and rear. Ball joints if needed. Add subframe connectors.* De-grease, remove surface rust, repaint parts as required.

Interior: carpeting, seat covers front and rear, door panels, plastic parts, inside sail panel, trim pieces. visors, new windshield, new (correct) formula steering wheel.

Exterior: fix right side top to sail panel cracking (*add subframe connectors to thwart this from happening again); refurbish lower grill parts, air dam, and all other trim parts. Add new bumper cushioning if necessary front and rear. Repaint nose bulkhead and add new fasteners as needed. Refinish exterior in #29 Nocturne Blue paint--probably Sikkens--

Other--add twin cat converters to exhaust system. Degrease and re-grease all window joints and add new switches, if necessary. Repair the interior fan motor or switch so it operates at all speeds. Replace gas tank cushion pads to stop tank from bouncing over bumps. Finally, if I can ever stop tweaking the engine, install a new AC system so I can finally drive it during the spring, summer and fall months in Florida. New tires 255/60-15 street rubber on all four snowflake rims. Trans Am graphics reapplied.

When it's all done, once again, keep it protected from the elements as much as possible. I don't want to do this job again.

----
Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  07:46:20 AM  Show Profile
That's a pretty ambitious project to say the least.
Go to Top of Page

rad400
War Paint

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  6:58:42 PM  Show Profile
So Bill how long are we talking 2-3 years for this?

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  8:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Conrad--

During my lifetime?

There are many things to be done. The cost will be tempered by what I do myself. The paint this time will be done by a shop. It's really a question of available finances (of course) and time, my time. If it could all be done by this Xmas that would be great--but whom am I kidding. As usual there are dozens of home maintenance and upgrades going on right now, so between that and my current semi-retired situation, I hope in two (2) years. New paint will be done before the new interior is installed. Brakes and suspension will be done early on. As before, I'll gather the parts together in advance.

Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  08:51:01 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Add subframe connectors

I have a set I still need to install on my car. When I was researching the connectors I read that you need to use solid body mounts with these to prevent cracking on the body where the body and rubber mounts meet.

Like the connectors, my solid mounts still reside in a box in the garage.

Edited by - bnorris_74 on 31 Oct 2010 08:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  10:32:00 AM  Show Profile
I was going to add subframe bushings to your list but bnorris beat me to it. But further to his post, I find it interesting about the solid bushings and the cracking. I have had subframe connectors on mine since the early 80's and have always had a cracking problem with the passenger side 'C' (or is it 'B' in these cars?) pillar where it meets the pass side window channel It's been fixed at least three times. When I had the quarter panel replaced in 86 I thought that was the end of it, but it came back!

Now you have me thinking about going with the solids..

Food for thought Bill.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  12:37:13 PM  Show Profile
http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/chassis_components.html

From the Pro-Touring website (see above link)

3 in 1 " key lock " Solid Body Bushings
Unlike other solid body bushings these have a key lock design with a steel locator (not an aluminium lip). It Will allow
you to set them at either stock height or 1/2" lower or to "wedge" the body
Made from 6061 T-6 aluminium and steel, comes with all new hardware.
Must be used when sub-frame connectors are installed as stock rubber causes too much flex and will crack welds or
oblong bolt holes.

Edited by - bnorris_74 on 01 Nov 2010 12:39:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  2:17:31 PM  Show Profile
I know this is a bit premature, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Many of you have had you Pontiacs repainted. I'm curious to learn of the condition the body and paint was in prior to repainting and how much the shop charged for supplies and labor. I realize the cost varies around the country, but wanted to get an idea of what you guys paid to do the job. Also let me know the year. (Inflation) Factory type paint--not custom (this time for me).

Bill

Go to Top of Page

Christ
Howling Wind

USA
1808 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  3:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christ's Homepage
Bill,

Last year i repainted a 1989 mustang gt convertable. Piant and supplies ran me around $900 bucks for a single stage paint. This included body filler sanding pads so forth. Did all the work my self.

Body was in great condition except for rear fenders typical rust area on those years.

The parts of the car that had good paint on it I ruffed up for the paint to stick.

The parts bad sanded down to metal primed and them sealed and painted.

This was for a nice paint job.

Does your car have a good base or is it down to the metal and is there primier showing?
Go to Top of Page

bnorris_74
Crazy Horse

USA
1442 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  4:05:56 PM  Show Profile
In 2000 1974 Firebird $1500.00 Red Lacquer. Little to no body work. One area about the diameter of a quarter that was a 1/4-inch deep dent from a rock.
Paint that was on the car was original but in good shape with the little road rash chips along the rockers and fender bottoms. Car was sanded, primered and painted.

No rust.

Edited by - bnorris_74 on 01 Nov 2010 4:06:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  5:36:51 PM  Show Profile
The body is straight--no dents or dings. Roof soldering needs to be done over on the passenger side as there's a crack from engine torque twisting the body. Stick shift cars are brutal when you unload them. No visible signs of rust. The clear coat is flaking off. Minor chips from pebbles in places where you'd expect the to be. That is where primer is exposed.

Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2010 :  6:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage
I'm doing my GTO myself and I've never done anything like this before. I completely replaced an entire quarter panel, made my own patches and welded them in for some other spots that were rusted, primed, blocked, and wet-sanded the whole car and now it's finally ready for paint. The whole experience was "learn as I go" to the max. Well, what I've learned is this: Body and paint work is not terribly hard from a technical knowledge point of view (nowhere close to say, building an engine) but it is extremely time consuming and labor intensive. There are no shortcuts to real quality. That's the reason that really good work is both hard to find and hideously expensive --- you're essentially paying someone else to care about your car, and put as much effort into it, as you do.

If I can do it, anyone can. Kevin Tetz (the guy on Trucks! TV) has a set of videos out and also a forum for paint/body. I highly recommend both.
Get the videos from his web site here:
http://www.paintucation.com

The forum is here:
http://www.leopardsystems.com/paintucationforum

Kevin's one heck of a nice guy. He even called me personally at home one night in response to a question I posted on his forum to help me understand what I needed to do.

If you want to buy any of his DVD's, please be a little careful. He's been struggling with some pirates that have been ripping him off by selling bootlegged copies.

Bear
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  8:53:32 PM  Show Profile
72 Formula, Daytona Yellow and painted in 1986, Including new quarter panel andrear bumper-@$2000.

70 GTO, complete strip to bare metal, align body panels, epoxy primer and Orbit Orange paint. Cost in 2004 @$1200 plus Survey & Land Development plans for shop owner (Barter).

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  07:27:28 AM  Show Profile
The reason the TA's body is in such decent shape overall is the fact that it's been cared for and that I did all the hard work preparing the body for paint last time out. It took months of preparation to build a good foundation for the color and then clear coats. I'm hoping that today's paints are more durable and that with proper care and isolation (garage) the new paint will endure for more than 17-18 years.

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  09:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Bill, my Formula was painted almost 25 years ago with Sherwin Williams Urethane Enamel and still looks new. But that is due to it being always garaged as well as minimizing sun exposure while in use. Of course, the light/bright color is more tolerant of the Sun vs. your much darker Nocturne Blue.

Can we assume your TA resides primarily in a garage or shielded car port?

Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage
I've been using Southern Polyurethane's epoxy primer on my GTO and like it a lot.
http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/homepage.htm

The folks there are always willing to consult and help over the phone, even if you're not buying their products. The last time I talked with them, they recommended PPG basecoat paint, either the DBC or DBU line, because of the quality and also because you can count on consistency of color match if you ever have to do a repair in the future.

As I understand it, one of the advantages of using a basecoat/clearcoat process as opposed to a single-stage paint, is that with the clear coat on top you have more to work with as the paint job "ages" - you'll be able to buff and/or wet-sand and buff out minor scratches and such for a longer period of time. Single-stage paint is really a mixture of color and clear combined into one product so you don't get as much room to do things like that as the paint job ages. (Just passing along what I've been told - I'm light-years away from being an expert on this.)

Bear
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  10:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
My TA has been garaged most of its life. When I drove it daily, the first 3 years, it was seldom in the garage. After that, it was garaged daily. When I moved to AK it was in my garage in FL for 3 solid years. Only during its last 7 years has it been exposed to the elements. As you know it was in the garage on stands for over 2 years. For the past 7 months it's been in and out of the garage and during that time the sun has consumed my clear coat. It is shot. Once the resto gets fully underway it will be in the garage. When it's all done it will be always be in the garage--safe from the elements.
Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  10:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage
I hear that. After doing all the body work on the GTO no way is it ever going to sit outside - unless I'm driving it. I guess there's not enough clear left on your TA to buff and bring it back?

You might consider talking to the techs at SPI, it might be possible to scuff what you have and then recoat with some of their 'Universal Clear', avoiding having to completely redo the whole paint job.

Bear
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  07:23:57 AM  Show Profile
Where are the pics?

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

RayK
Cochise

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2011 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Bill, just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents worth of free advice on this. I had my 69 painted back in 2004. I had a guy that i used to work with do it. Claimed he used to work for a paint shop but was attending EMT school thats why he was here. Anyways, long story short, he was a legend in his own mind. Cost me 3 grand LABOR and another grand in paint to let this jamoke paint my Bird. If I was you, I'd do a lot of research no matter where you go to have the work done. Ask for references and pictures of past work. Don't get bit in the ass like I did. The Bird looks ok at best as time goes on.

1969 Firebird 461, #62 iron heads, Comp roller, Performer RPM, Q-Jet Turbo 400 w/ Continental converter. GM 8.5" 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.11.50's@ 119+ MPH
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  11:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
These are the tires that will be mounted on my snowflakes. These are replacing my old (but not worn out) 20 year old Goodyear Eagle (Gatorbacks). Same size again--255/60R-15. Except these are only T rated, whereas the Gatorbacks are V rated.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 18 Feb 2011 1:26:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  12:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage
Bill,

Do you by chance know what rear is under that car? Is it an 8.5 like earlier cars or a 7.5 like later f bodies?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Cortcomp--I'm not sure what car you are referring to, my TA or the 77 Vette?

[I see that Phil answered the 79 TA rear end question already.]

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 12 Feb 2011 10:08:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  5:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage
Oh i'm sorry, the TA. I have a posi disc rear 9 bolt 7 5/8 setup from an 87 GTA, was curious if you had the 7.5 (close in strength) and how it held up to the pontiac torque.
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  5:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Second gens received 8.5's through 81. In 82, the Firebird was essentially dead and received whatever anemic junk axle (7.5") Chevy allowed.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Not only is my poor TA's finish under attack by the weather that has destroyed the paint and ruined the plastic interior parts, its now under attack by spiders.

"me dear mother used to call this Irish lace."

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  1:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
This is a photo taken today of the hood and fender. In August 2010, the hood and fender glistened in the sunlight with a Mequiar's shine. After 6 months, the brutal South Florida weather has taken its toll. The roof is worse. What you see is the clear coat peeling away.

---
On a positive note these things are done and out of the way:

• new Mickey's mounted and balanced
  • upper and lower bushings in place
  • front end is in alignment

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 18 Feb 2011 1:57:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

torqueymonster
Cochise

USA
524 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2011 :  1:30:31 PM  Show Profile
let's see what the Sportsmans look like on the car, Bill!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  08:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
June 28th 2011--
I've gotten the TA back into the garage (finally). There's no room to move about in there but it's in the garage and away from the blazing sun.

My next step is to make a complete parts inventory of what is needed to bring the interior back to near original condition.

Is there a vendor that sells OEM front retractable seat belts for the 77-81 TAs?

----
Go to Top of Page

rad400
War Paint

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  1:05:55 PM  Show Profile
I think NPD has them and Classic Industries too

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  07:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Classic doesn't carry them. The OEM pair I have on the car work fine--however, the belts are faded somewhat, and the driver's side shows some wear. It would be nice to refresh this aspect of the interior. The belts in the rear are in pretty good shape.

I'll check out NPD.

++++++
NPD doesn't have them for a 79 either.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 30 Jun 2011 08:29:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  08:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
I forgot to mention that the photo earlier in the thread was posted in February. The car has been outside for many months and the peeling of the clear coat has worsened. The fellow in the paint shop who I contacted about painting the care and who said he'd stop by to see it has yet to do so. He said it would be a few months before he could get to it--he wasn't kidding. He suggested removing all the paint and starting with a new system. We shall see....
It all depends on $$$$$.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 30 Jun 2011 08:05:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  09:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
My wife is off this week from work and we've been doing some household spring cleaning. As a result more and more "stuff" has found its way into "my" garage making matters worse. The TA is completely surrounded with items. The garage should have rubber walls and ceiling for expansion. I'm losing the battle again with yet another counteroffensive of "things."

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 06 Jul 2011 09:15:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  10:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage
My father in law is in the same boat. My wife and his decided to have a garage sale...in HIS three bay garage. Of course what didn't sell was supposed to go to goodwill, hasn't happened yet. You're not alone in the trenches!

Good thing i stopped at the garage sale, they were selling some of my good clothes! Goes to show you shouldn't just "yes dear" when the other half is talking and asking questions.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  11:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Yeah, I'm not the only guy with "space" problems, that's for sure. And, I can't blame my wife for all of the "things" that find their way to the garage. However, I do hear a lot of "put this somewhere" comments from her.

We are going through things to collect to donate and possibly offer for sale at a garage/yard sale. I have a Delta Model 10 Radial Arm saw with heavy stand to sell along with a Mark V ShopSmith and accessories. Those only scratch the surface...

The TA is fast becoming a "clothes" horse. It's safely covered but is now wearing a half opened bag of R-19 rolled fiber glass insulation on the hood. Stuff is also getting slipped under it as well. To pull the TA out of the garage will take a few minutes clearing everything on it and under it away from it.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 06 Jul 2011 11:26:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

76FormulaFiend
Buffalo

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Bill for your seatbelts you could try some of that spray dye they sell in the spraypaint section at parts stores i used it on my old ramcharger 10 years ago and it still looks good

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. Charles Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Just a little update:

The ugliest thing is the huge crack in the dash pad. It's on top and near the 1:30/2:00 position by the steering wheel. I don't know for sure, but I don't think that I can fix it by using an epoxy type material to fill in the crevice to mend the pad. It would require a net backing of some kind to go under the pad and then the epoxy type material on top to fill in the crevice--a job similar to patching a wall. It would have to be sanded smooth and then the top of the pad would have to be painted with the correct camel tan color. This is what I'm thinking--but it probably won't work. The plastic pad has dried and is brittle so I can expect more cracking elsewhere even if I make a "repair."

Having someone else repair the existing pad is just a temporary fix--I think that's out.

Another thought is to get a pad that is somehow fitted on top. These apparently come in camel tan--but I don't really know how that will look. Will it look like a toupee?

The third choice is getting a new dash board pad in camel tan and replacing the old one. That may be the "best" solution--and my taste has me leaning in that direction. If I do that it will require lots of time dismantling but it will probably look the best--like new. That will sure be a challenge--I've never done that--never needed to.

What else?

The formula steering wheel is shot. Need a new replacement.

The seat covers on the buckets are shot. Tears in the driver's bucket and brittle vinyl in the other; same ia true for the rear seats--very brittle now.

The door panels are shot. New pre-assembled units to replace the old is likely

New chrome door electric lock switches may need to be replaced--not sure.

The dual window switch on the console should be replaced too.

Carpet looks like new but is discolored. It's shot. Get new one.

Plastic sail and lower sections are breaking down--crumbling. These were previously salvaged/ repaired / repainted in 1992. Not worth the effort to try and fix them. They are shot. Get new ones.

The front seat belts are discolored and frayed. Time for new ones. NPD has them--just like Conrad stated. Thanks again Conrad--enjoyed talking with you on the phone.

The sun visors are shot too. All the padding material inside them has disintegrated.

The plastic cover for the shifter has lost it's color so that may be something I can renew. The rubber boot has seen better days. Probably replace it too.

The headliner was replaced in 1992 and is now beginning to sag. I may be able to fix it. The material still looks good. Not sure on that one.

Plastic trim parts may be saved unless they are crumbling too. That's a maybe.

Console box: The box is made of plastic and the plastic hinge is broken. A new one with correct padded vinyl top is needed.

Finally, the windshield. The band of dark blue color tint across the top has turned to a light tan. The glass is in okay--but its got to go. I need to get a new one with the antenna wire in it.

----
Go to Top of Page

torqueymonster
Cochise

USA
524 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  09:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Yikes. Just make sure you order from one supplier-- on that much stuff, you're probably looking at a couple hundred dollars discount with the standard 10% off from Year One... Have you priced it all out yet, Bill?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  1:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
No--I am looking through catalogs and comparing prices. It's going to be pricey.

----
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  2:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Sell some of that crap in the garage and throw the rest away when your wife is asleep. Maybe start going for "walks" on trash nights "for your health" and leave things in trash cans around the neighborhood so you can give that poor TA some breathing space. ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  3:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
Phil--do you have extra room in your garage for some of my crap? Are you into woodworking? Would you like to be?

Jonathan --It looks like $1600-1800 in interior pieces parts needed--close estimate. It will look like new though.

----
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2011 :  5:27:49 PM  Show Profile
I did until the Mrs. brought home her own GN. Now my 5 car garage has two cars in it that aren't mine.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  09:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
A 5-car garage!!!! That's incredible. What's that 50' x 22-24'?

----
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage
Bill,

You should see where the corvette has ended up, inside a 60X100 bldg with 30 ft ceilings...and a drive on lift you can put two cars on at once...or a firetruck.

If progress on it gets slow, they'll move it to the little building...30x60 with two - 2 post lifts in it.

Yet they turn out less projects up there in those shops than we do in our own garages. But if only i had those garages how much MORE could i do?!!?

This is why my wife doesn't want me on the internet...always leads to more cars.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2011 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage
I would be moderately happy if someone would buy the two woodworking pieces of equipment from me. That would be a good start. The economy is hurting and people just don't have discretionary money for that kind of stuff....it's a darn shame.

----
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: