14 going on 15 years: PSP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The month of October 2007 marks the 11th year anniversary of Pontiac Street Performance.

USELESS PSP Trivia:

- PSP was started following the rebuild of Bill Boyle's 400 engine in 1996.

- Bill Boyle's 400 rebuild was the first to be published in Torque Power.

- The first iteration of the PSP banner Logo was fashioned after the fonts used in Star Trek and were changed when the second format with red border and graph paper background was introduced.

- PSP visitation grew from a mere 5 to 10 hits in the early days to over 400 by the turn of the millenium.

- The PSP Resto Forum started as an alternative place to exchange information following years of infighting and bashing on the PY message board.

- Boardhost provided PSP with message board programing from the very beginning of the Resto Forum until this year, 2006.

- PSP coined the term "6X-4" heads to refer to the smaller chambered 6X smogger heads.

- PSP Store started following the publication of Jim Hand's How to Build Maxium Performance Pontiac V8s.

- The 1 to 1 Club was started as a means to encourage more enthusiasts to enhance the power of their traditional Pontiac V8s to support "keeping them alive" PSP philosophy.

I am extremely grateful to the following people who either influenced me or encouraged me to start and maintain the PSP Pontiac website.

Fay Boyle, Nunzi Romano, Lee Atkinson, Dr. Skip Fix, Kevin Swaney, Jerry Brock, Brian Baker, Jeff Kauffman, Pete McCarthy, Cliff Ruggles, Rich Miller, Jim Wangers, Jim Lehart, Tom Hand, Jim Hand, Dave Kawallek, Dave Hoekenga, Steve Coombes, sons Brian and Bill Boyle.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  11:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Bill! Your site is a class act!

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 22 Nov 2008 9:00:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  1:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday...!
Go to Top of Page

Matt H
Cochise

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  5:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt H's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday and look forward to another 10.

Would also like to thank Bill Boyle and Lee Atkinson for pointing me in the right direction 10yrs ago for cam choice. The Compcam 268H rocked.

Matt H

Edited by - Matt H on 17 Oct 2006 5:06:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Roy Russell
Brave that Heals

USA
201 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  5:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday - and many more!
Go to Top of Page

Jim Hand
Buffalo

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  4:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,
It has been a great ride. And having all the tech info on my car (and others),and some of the articles we have prepared ready and available to read provides a tremendous resource to me, and hopefully to others.

You have managed to keep the entire site clean and family oriented - that is sincerely appreciated by our family. Thank You!

Jim Hand
Go to Top of Page

DiamondJim
Cochise

328 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  6:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill for all you do, visting this site is one of the "highlights" of my day -Jim
Go to Top of Page

Shawns6t6gto
Tribal Scout

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  10:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Shawn

It may be HOMO PURPLE but it runs 12s
Go to Top of Page

Will
Cochise

Zimbabwe
285 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  10:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on 10 successful years, Bill.

Sheesh, I can't believe it's actually been that long...

Not qualified to answer questions about engines over 425 HP.
Go to Top of Page

Kiwi Mal
Cochise

New Zealand
690 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  3:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for a informative site Bill. Happy birthday and cheers for another 10. Mal

Go to Top of Page

gto-owner
Sitting Bull

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  8:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car is older than this site....

Way to go PSP, long live the knowledge and advice so much help.
Thank You, keep up the great work.
Mike

"if it didn't break, run it harder" 1968 GTO
Go to Top of Page

hotrod
Tribal Scout

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  12:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to every body that put this site together and to all the users that halp people like me who some times need some out side help solveing problems .Thanks to chuckies76ta for putting me on to this.

but then again thats only my opinion
Go to Top of Page

John-Henry
Sitting Bull

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  1:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday PSP. Thanks for the great forum Bill, and the many others that make this place what it is.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  04:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats Bill - great board!
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  10:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations and many returns, Bill. It's been great to know you over these short years. Too bad you're still not in the mid-Atlantic region, but I won't hold being a Floridian against you (LOL).

Will Rogers never met a liberal.
Go to Top of Page

hugh
Cochise

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  12:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep up the good work - it is very much appreciated! Hugh
Go to Top of Page

rad400
War Paint

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2007 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love the site keep up the good work Happy Birthday PSP 11 great years.

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Cochise

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  10:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, now it's 12+ years and counting!!
Here's to many more years!!

This site is a class act thanks to you, Bill!!

PSP Member since 1996

Never enough cubes...

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

BillG
Tribal Scout

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2009 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday! Have to thank Bill Boyle for all his work over the years. Not a nicer man to be found. Bill
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2010 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started this thread on 17 Oct 2007 indicating Pontiac Street Performance was celebrating its 11th year on the Internet.

Today, I note that this coming October (2010) PSP will celebrate its 14th anniversary.

[Computers and the Internet have really been a godsend. It certainly has encouraged the interest in many things for millions of people. Without it, the Pontiac hobby would not be what it is today. My hat is off to all those enthusiasts who took the time to learn how to create and publish Pontiac websites. Way to go! ]

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  09:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pontiacstreetperformance.com the website is over 14 years old and still ticking. In October it will be 15.

Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  10:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill
thanks for this great board! it's been a quite a journey since we met in 2001 after i bought the Bonneville, lots of improvements on the car and lots of car shows we both attended in VacaVille, it's great how certain things that happen in life bring good people together! you and your PSP are a class act. Happy birthday PSP!!!
thanks again
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Cochise

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  12:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been coming here since I discovered this site in '97.

Best Pontiac forum there is, period.

Thanks & congrats on 14 years, Bill!

Mark

PSP Member since 1996

Never enough cubes...

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  10:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be
The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Many long years ago.

Most of us know the words.

Well guys it may be time for me to give up the "Old Gray Mare" and move on to other pastures.

The "Old Gray Mare" is not my Trans Am although it is a far cry from it's better days (at least right now). I'm referring to the PSP web site. It has seen better days too.

While I can't put my finger on it, enthusiasm by all seems to have fallen off. Perhaps this is the result of our brand going away. Pontiac for many is a thing of the past. All of us who own Pontiacs right now are the caretakers of the brand. What we do, and how we do it makes a difference. All Pontiacs have become classics. Same is true with Hudson, Packard, Oldsmobile, anything AMC etc.

My enthusiasm for maintaining the site has been waning. New technology has beaten me back. I can't spend the time or resources like I did in the early days of web design and Internet to keep pace with the new technology today in those areas. To do that would require my full time.

I have done as much as I can to promote the Pontiac hobby. I never really pushed to become a vendor of parts, but did sell some books, hats and apparel, to stir the passions and get a little help to pay for hosting service and DSL lines. Greg Miller has been a champ providing free server space for the PSP forum. Many thanks to him. The interest in Jim Hand's book has flattened out now after 6 years. There is lots of good information contained in there but many new ideas and approaches have come along and the power levels referenced in the book have been surpassed. My personal performance level pretty much sticks to Jim Hand's philosophy and experiences. I don't what a 600 hp street car. There is no place for it in what I do and don't do. Other books that PSP offered for sale were never as brisk as Jim's book. Cliff's carb book I originally thought might be a bigger seller as Q-jets had wide application. However, most hot rodders focus on Holley products for high performance. Q-jets are too complicated for 95 percent of the crowd. His book didn't sell very well in my "internet market." Even my adventure into selling the controversial Tomahawk single plane intakes was a bust. Bad press (and I'm not going there) made it very difficult to sell them off. It took a raffle to finally move the last one from my inventory. It took years....

Also, I'm largely disappointed with the different Pontiac camps that have come about that are damaging the Pontiac hobby. There was a time when I was personally in good standing with all the up and coming players. Now, years later, confrontational lines have been drawn, and while I've had nothing to do with those folks and the high level of performance they have reached, I'm persona non grata among many of them. Just because. Trying to be neutral is hard. Staying neutral annoys and disappoints many. However, those disputes are not my fight--nor my interest.

I suppose competition breeds contempt, jealousies, and bad feelings between Pontiac enthusiasts. Rather than to focus on Ford, Chevrolet and Mopar, many have set their sights on other Pontiac enthusiasts, especially at the highest level of power making. Feuding as I see it, is counter-productive to promoting the Pontiac hobby.

Quitting is not something I relish doing.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  12:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Say it ain't so! Perhaps someone will step up and take her over? This is still the best Pontiac site out there period. Of course that's my opinion and some I suppose will have other feelings. I've been here almost since the beginning and would hate to go elsewhere, in fact I don't think I would go to one of the other sites. I don't know it all, but I know enough to do what I do. I would sincerely miss communicating with the other members of the board. Perhaps before it goes there could be a member list made available to those who want to stay in touch? Just a thought. Do you have a time frame for shutting her down?

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  12:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it comes "down to it", I've got a server, static IP addresses, DNS server, and handful of domains, and a high speed fiber connection into my house. I'm already hosting a few sites and email for scouting units, our HOA, my own GTO project page, etc.

I'm a "newbie" here compared to most, but would sure hate to see it end.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is bizarre.

I haven't terminated anything--yet the site is down. I don't know why.

Mike--whatever I do, it won't be sudden. I don't work that way.

Bill

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  9:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd really be lost without being able to sound ideas off of people here, and get second opinions on things. My car would never have been finished without this site, and never back apart again to fix the issues that popped up later. I'd feel pretty cut off and alone without the support here, and i know others feel the same way. You and your site do definitely make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  07:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After some additional thought and brief discussion with my wife, I've decided to stick it out and keep the site going. She pointed out that the loss of the site would be intolerable for me personally and that I would regret canceling it. "The Admiral" is right.

Full speed ahead, steady on course.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  12:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank God, and you Bill.

Go to Top of Page

BearGFR
Bear

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  3:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit BearGFR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...whew... that was a close one...

Go to Top of Page

Brian R
Crazy Horse

USA
1672 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2011 :  5:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill - I am so very happy that you have decided to keep going with the site. I am not sure you fully realize how much we all appreciate not just this site, but the work you do to maintain it - that includes having to step in and "mellow" people out from time to time. (This includes me during the political wars on the "Water Cooler." - Sorry)

I have been here under 2 different names since,I believe, 1999. Brian R and Brian. Had to change to Brian R when another Brian took my login. We worked it out easily when I added my last initial to it...

Thank you many times over. I have been getting help from this site for many years and a few times even given some help. It is an easy site to use, not cluttered up with a bunch of junk like some others, very well maintained, and a true encyclopedia of knowledge due to it's members. I have not bothered with the other sites in years as it is never necessary while having this one.

Thank you again and PLEASE don't leave us!!!!

Brian Rasicot

Edited by - Brian R on 05 Jun 2011 5:15:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2011 :  7:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Wow... I had no idea... This site is my "home" on the web. Now that I have internet access at home, I have more time to read some of these. I really didn't know it had gone this far. Sorry, Bill, if I am in ANY way part of those "confrontational lines".

I owe this site EVERYTHING!

And don't "fret" too much, Bill. The activity on ALL the Pontiac sites is slower than usual over the last few months. I think the "economy" is starting to catch up with those that thought themsleve "immune". The younger "crowds" haven't looked at the old Injun seriously for a long time. We've actually made some ground "up" in that area, as the new racing gear is "showing it's stuff". Bracket cars with big Ponchos in them are pretty tough to beat with ANYTHING. Even a couple of the "Super" class drivers are using Pontiacs now in NHRA. I know, boring as hell to watch. But the drivers LOVE it! The "chess match", I mean.

Glad you decided to "stay on".

Jim
Go to Top of Page

clintww
Cochise

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2011 :  10:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case in point There isn't a chance that Jim would have my engine now or ever if I hadn't found this site. Not only does that help Jim, but hopefully me as well. Thanks Bill for what you have done and continue to do.
Go to Top of Page

sixt8bird
Chief Many Horses

USA
1114 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2011 :  01:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit sixt8bird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill, your site is one of the most frequently visited by me. Unfortunately without the subscribe to topic not working, alot of posts just die . I will post and then forget I posted. A couple days later I will go back and see a bunch of replies. I think that this really would help. We have our own Western WA Firebird forum and its the same thing. Dead!!I finally went back after a few weeks and I had questions that I didn't answer so then the people that asked questions didn't see any replys and go elsewhere. Other than that, your site is the best Pontiac site!!
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2011 :  06:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you should send the bill to Jim. Like I said before. This is the only site I go to. I hear what 68 is saying, and I know he's on a lot of sites. For me, I just check in a few times a day and anything new is highlighted in red. Works for me. Thanks again Bill.

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2011 :  10:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have my bookmark set to the active topics link at the top of the page, that way i see anything new since last time. BUT if you don't check them all when they come up, next time you visit it won't be new anymore even if you didn't personally read it. It does keep me caught up on threads i'm interested in, but sometimes i catch something interesting i didn't mean to just by checking into other threads.
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2011 :  3:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
15 Years... Congrats Bill!!!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2011 :  4:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt.

I'm hoping that PSP will continue to be a good place for Pontiac enthusiasts to come to get reliable information. The forum has become an important tool to address Pontiac issues relevant to the hobby.

It's the people, the participants in the forum, that makes this Pontiac site survive. There are many registrants, but few regulars that frequent daily or several times a week. We need more regulars to keep good information flowing.

Many thanks to all of you for making it all worthwhile to do.

----
Go to Top of Page

spiders1010
Buffalo

89 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, being only 6 months into my pontiac ownership I cannot begin to thank you enough for starting this, nor can I thank the other members for all there input and willingness to share there knowledge. I was a die hard Chevi guy in my youth, and had I somehow aquired my Tempest 10 years ago it would probably be powered by a 454 right now. I never knew the power and torque potential of a Pontiac engine untill I started reading here. I have already begun looking for my next project, and I am without a doubt a Pontiac guy now. I am actually going to look at an 81' trans am later today, and I will be taking the Tempest to do so because I have learned that if you roll up in a hot rod, the line of bullcrap seems to dissapear and you can usually tell right off the bat based on there reaction weather there hiding anything or not. Again, I must thak you, all of you, and I hope to be on this forum for many years to come.

1970 Tempest 455 4sp.

Block bored .30 over, decked 10, magnafluxed and honed. #15 heads ported and polished. Summit 2802 cam. Hooker Hedders, Chambered exhaust. Auburn posi, 3:73 gears. M21-4sp. 1.65 roller rockers. Quadrajet.

NEEDS MORE POWER
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2014 :  2:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This year (2014) marks the 15th Year of the Pontiac Street Performance Forum. It's been around this long for two reasons. First, it an Internet location where enthusiasts can easily address issues and work them through with the help of others in the Pontiac community. Secondly, because registrants to the forum have participated in all ways, making it a success.

As we move through the 15th year, I can only hope that all of us will continue to find answers to questions that are not only helpful but make our Pontiac hobby interest all that more enjoyable.

Let's continue with Pontiac excitement.

Bill Boyle

----
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3409 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2014 :  11:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After Buying my bird, most of my Pontiac info searches came up PSP. After months of reading through the cam wars between Cliff, Mr.P Body, and others, joining the board seemed to make sense. Bill, I don't know if non member hits show up, but PSP was very informative and helpful for me way before I joined.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  08:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark--above you see the word link "Members." When you open the link it displays the list of members that are registered. In Yellow print are the titles. They can be clicked on and the member list displays information a little differently. When the display initially opens it shows the member Phil on top, his fun title, the number of posts he's made, the last post date, member since, and country. This is what all registered members can see. If you click on Member Since, it flips showing who the newest member is and the date of registration.

When I go into my website monitoring view, this page displays more information that includes the date when a registrant last visited the site. I'm not certain whether it operates if the registrant is logged or not, but my guess, only when the registrant is logged in. So if you were to look from your Iphone or Ipad or other computer it wouldn't show a visit. But log in with that device and it will register a visit.

The thing is, to post, one must be registered. The PSP forum gets new members each month. Some may register just in case they wish to post. Many just "watch" and read looking for information. This is a passive registrant. An active registrant, those are the guys like yourself. As of today, you've posted 2172 times. Prolific. This is appreciated.
Some active registrants have more than one username as well--they forgot their earlier username /password and opted to create a new username/password following hiatus from the site. Often I get requests to let people know their username and password--didn't write it down, I suppose.

Anyway, by looking this page over and there are many pages, one can see who is participating and who is "taking a break," from the forum. (Sounds hopeful, my spin word.)

Pages 1 & 2 pretty much shows the real participants. There are new registrants that have been regulars and their posts are mounting. This to me is a sign that we do have growth going on, although at a slow pace. When the new active registrants out pace those that have dropped out, or lost interest, on break, whatever, that is a more positive sign of growth.

Why does growth matter? Since the forum has been around nearly 15 years with a modicum of success, growth shows the Pontiac hobby is not dying out. PMD is gone, so the interest in our cars has to be passed to other younger people. Many of our cars are older than we are. (Well some.) When I read that a 22 year old is restoring his car or building a stroker engine, that is a great sign that someone gave that fellow some mentoring about Pontiacs. They learned about the excitement, the power, and perhaps, now, their novelty. When PMD died, the value of our cars increased, some in terms of dollars, others in terms of novelty, some with both.

My TA was ordered on Black Friday, 1978. It was built in the 3rd week of April and delivered to me in May 1979. I ordered it down to the color of the seat belts. Owning that car, eventually led to rebuilding the engine (for fun, not need) and creating the PSP website in 1996. The PSP forum followed in 1999. But for that car and the rise of the Internet this site would not exist. But for the active registrants this forum would not exist.

I realized many years ago that it could never replace the PY forum. The name Pontiac Street Performance is a limiting factor. It's narrow compared to Performance Years. Besides, PSP is a hobby site not a business. Cost of running it has been on me, but I've had some help from Greg Miller sponsoring the server and setting up this forum at no charge, and from many donations to help defray maintenance costs of the website since 2006.

The other thing, I consider all of you guys like shareholders in interest because of your regular participation. You guys make it happen. We just need more shareholders.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2015 :  11:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about that? Pontiac Street Performance is closing in on it's 19th year on the Internet.

----
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2015 :  9:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, that's a great accomplishment! I love this site and hope it is around for another 19, or MORE!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: