Who is going to Pontiac's in the Park--2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  11:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Virginia Motorsports Park is again the location of this year's Pontiacs in the Park. The strip has Friday night (April 30th), Saturday (May 1st) and Sunday (May 2nd) activities. 2010 marks the 6th time Pontiacs will gather to battle things out at the strip. Who's going this year?

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  1:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dirty Bird et al... At least for "now".

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Vid
Kicking Horse

USA
1685 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  10:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to check it out, but it might be torture to fly there knowing the wagon is parked in the garage at home.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  10:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm there...Bill, check your email

Will Rogers never met a liberal.
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2010 :  10:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far so good, I plan on being there. I will see if there are some suprises in store for me from the engine.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  09:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom--good or bad surprises? Good, I trust.

Bill

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  09:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will probably not make it, I have a Golf trip scheduled for that weekend already. If we end up canceling or changing the date, I'll probably be there.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

PontiacMatt
Many Ponies

USA
1410 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  11:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want so badly to go... Just don't think it'll be possible for me this year. That's the weekend before final exams week. So long as I can get through it, I'll graduate the following weekend!

What an awesome time it will be this year, I imagine, what with all the going's on. (Pink's)

*72' Pontiac Lemans* - Work in Progress
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  6:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going. The Pinks All Out qualifying on Saturday may be awesome to watch. I'm booking my accommodations early this year.

Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  6:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good ones, I should see a differance and that is all I am going to say.....

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2010 :  08:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I am in too. Now to only find time to finish one of the cars so I don't have to drive the work truck to PITP again.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2010 :  11:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Golf? There are 51 other weekends in the year for golf. PITP comes but once per year.

Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2010 :  11:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point Brian however, we've been planning this trip for about seven years and it is finally going to happen. Having said that, our golf date has moved to June so I'm going to be free that weekend. I'm contemplating what I'm going to do, there is another car show up in Martinsburg, WV that I thought I might go to but it is a four hour drive. I won't be going to many shows this year so I'm being picky on where and when I go. So, there's a good chance I'll be going to PITP.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Kiwi Mal
Cochise

New Zealand
690 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2010 :  12:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2010 :  09:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the schedule:

30-April Friday Street Wars / Street Points -PY Pontiac Nationals
1-May Saturday PINKS All Out Qualifier / NAPA Day / Pro Mods
2-May Sunday Performance Years Pontiac Nationals

My reservations are made; looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bill

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 02 Mar 2010 10:10:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pontiac Dude
Sitting Bull

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2010 :  12:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pontiac Dude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Working on it. Just depends on a few factors. Wink, wink.

## 1976 T/A, Hydraulic roller, 3460lbs, stock suspension & Pump gas. N/A: 9.78@136 ##

I Specialize in ALL American Muscle Iron.
https://www.facebook.com/kensautomachineshop/?pnref=story
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  7:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might make it but I won't know till the last week and I will drive this time. The US airlines are becoming a nightmare for travelers. Six Flags on the way down to keep my son happy.

Is Butler,Kauffman and others showing up this year???

The surgeon general said nothing about smokin a chevy...
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  08:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pontiacs in the Park is about a month away. Is there anyone else going?

Let's see those going are:

Jim Lehart (mr.p-body)
Brian Baker
Me (Bill Boyle)
Phil Smythe
Tom Worrall (Armadillo)

Greg Miller, Corey Thompson, Dan Steward are you guys going to make it?

I asked Cliff, he wasn't sure.

What about Mike Williams, Kev Swaney, KRE, Butlers, Paul Spotts etc...anybody know?

----
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  8:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Butler's site show they are going but I'm going to call them on Monday. I have a funny feeling about the attendance this year. Is anyone going to the Tri Power Nationals???

Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  11:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked to Dan last week and we will be meeting up north of williamsburg and heading up Friday morning.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  09:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankenstein has not been healed from his injury last year. He is laying on the table, waiting for his healthcare provider to approve the surgery required. It appears that the reform bill is not going to bail him out. Its 50/50 right now, but the glass is half full!

Greg

"...if I change one more thing, I'm sure I can squeeze out another 5hp.."
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  10:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg

What kind of surgery does Frankenstein require??

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  12:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's because his brain is from "A. B. (Abby) Someone".

Or perhaps you gave him too much "setagive".

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 28 Mar 2010 12:12:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  1:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob, If I recall correctly, it's the rear gears. Something back there let go.

Greg, didn't you pull it apart to see what happened, what was damaged? If you're not there at PIP with Frankenstein it's like having "a day without sunshine." Besides, who would be "going to the castle???" Frau Blucher?

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 28 Mar 2010 1:03:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kaplan
Cochise

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  6:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankenstein has a bad case of automotive Hemorrhoids

Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  6:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does Frankenstein eat for breakfast?
Answer: Detroit Lockers

See the cracked case.

I will probably put a spool in now. There go my dreams of a street car named Frankenstein.

See ya at PITP.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, that answers what was broken. WOW. Was it the super sticky tires, a sudden explosion of increased power, or metal fatigue? My guess, is metal fatigue.

Greg, will see you at PITP.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2010 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,
My guess would also be metal fatigue, 5 years of 1.49-.150 60ft, I'm not sure. It always dead hooked, so I am quite sure power and traction were major contributors. It looks as though it tried to twist out of the case. I will disect further in the next few days. Hopefully the threads for the caps are not damaged.

Talk soon,
Greg

Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2010 :  12:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you mean you can't drive a spool on the street, just make wide turns. :) I may make Sunday if at all. To me it looks like we've become the red headed step child of the event, no offense intended to any one. Is it going to be a zoo with all the other things going on? I would like to run the GP just to see what it does though.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  9:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, I run a spool on the street all the time. I do make wide turns and it is hell in the rain.

We will try to get the same spot. I will not be in the Penske truck this year..... Look for a silver dodge dually.

Have you heard from Corey?

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

ctpontiac
Buffalo

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  07:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will not be coming to PITP. We are running points in the Summit Series at our home track with a goal of making it to the Bracket Finals. Also, I have experienced a Pinks event before and said never again.

Best of luck to all.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Corey--
What soured you with your Pinks experience? What happened to turn you off?

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  2:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corey, Sorry to hear it. You will be missed, maybe next year. Good luck with the points series and hope ya kick their butts.

Tom

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  6:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corey,
Good luck to you. You will be missed!

Greg

Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  6:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
I had a spool in a 66 Catalina a few years back and drove it on the street. Spitting gravel, squalling tires in town coming out of a parking lot, and sliding in the rain said no-no. All that being said, driving the Cat to the track and beating on the street cars was fun.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

rad400
War Paint

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might be there minus my car.

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  1:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let us know your plans Conrad.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  10:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Boyle...no response from you on the email I sent. Shall I reserve two passes to the suite for you again this year? I still have some left if anyone else is interested...email me at mmechanicus@yahoo.com. I got 106 again this year, the one on the first level that allows us to park in the grass next to it, and the only one with a side view into the staging lanes.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  10:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian-I replied yes on one of your posts about the suite--in early March. See:http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3691 'll be there alone this year. Count me in for one ticket.

Anything going on with the Crusader?

Bill

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 07 Apr 2010 11:04:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crusader has been on hiatus for a little over a year. Hoping to change that this year...can't move forward until Woolford's finishes my billet oil line adapter for the block (which should be this week). Once I get it, I can plum the oil lines, and fuel lines, and fire it up.

Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2010 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only 2 weeks away. I still have some passes left for the suite at $20 each. If anyone would like to watch all 3 days of racing action from the comfort of a suite on the 1st level, shoot me an email at mmechanicus@yahoo.com

Go to Top of Page

rad400
War Paint

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  06:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going.

Conrad
79 Trans Am 400 auto Crower 60210 Torker II Holley 750 vac sec. #12 heads,3500 stall.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  06:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Conrad--
Great! Looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

Brian Baker
Mongo

USA
1050 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  10:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill & Phil, I'm meeting with Phil & Mike Griffith at 10:30am Friday in Bowie, MD and then caravanning down 301 to I-95. I should be at the track no later than 1:30pm. I'm not bringing the Can Am this year, I'll be in my GMC truck (2-tone blue/silver with GTO-73 tags, you can't miss it). Once we get settled into the suite we'll be checking into the hotel around 3pm and then heading back to the track immediately afterwards. Mike and I have it pretty well covered for drinks and snacks, but Phil if you plan on bringing some like last year, you can still drive around the rear of the suite through the grass like we did last year. As last year and every year before, I won't be picking up my suite wristbands until I get to the track, so just come up to the suite (106) to get them.

For anyone else planning on going, I still have suite wristbands available...they're $20 each and good for the entire weekend. They're calling for temps in the low 80's in Baltimore on Friday...Virginia will likely be as warm or warmer. The suite beats the hell out of the aluminum bleachers any day (LOL).

Anyone that needs to contact me while at the track, my cell phone is 410-491-0436.

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  3:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I arrive late Friday afternoon in Richmond and will drive south to the hotel, unload my stuff and head for the strip. My guess is 6-6:15 pm when I get to the strip. I'll be up for dinner.

Conrad, when you read this, email me so we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: