Fun Photos at the Strip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  8:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always kid Greg Miller about the gorgeous flat black spray paint finish on his Firebird,"Frankenstein." Below is a photo taken of us using a lot of elbow grease to shine it up! (Pontiacs in the Park, 2008)

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2008 :  5:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROTFLMAO! I forgot about that pic! Thanks for the chuckle! I think you missed a spot.

Greg

"...if I change one more thing, I'm sure I can squeeze out another 5hp.."
Go to Top of Page

Mr. P-Body
Running Bear

USA
2258 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  09:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. P-Body's Homepage  Reply with Quote

That's "fronk-un-steen"...

And that's a pair to draw to!!! (:-

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  9:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, have you decided to keep her (hopefully)?

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  05:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil,

Decided, or no real option. I did not get any reasonable offers, and I worked too hard building this car piece by piece to give it away. So, yes, I am keeping Frankenstein. I am slowly climbing out of financial difficulties, and it appears that this car and I were meant to be together... same strong spirit, same rough looking exterior... LOL!

Greg

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  07:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now THAT's good news. I went through the exact same scenario a couple of times over the years with the 72 Formula. I have now owned it for 27 years and as we all know financial lows are commonplace with us working folk.

I was never able to bring myself to sell the car whole because I didn't want to see it anywhere, especially if it was neglected. So, at one point I had sold off half the interior and then suddenly got a better job.

Then it was off to Englishtown Swap Meet and some junk yards (they actually had these cars in pretty decent shape back then!) to replace what I had sold.

Like many of us, I had to endure many years during my childhood listening to my Dad and his buddies bellyaching about their favorite cars that they no longer had. The stories always ended with: God, I wish I had that car today!

See, you have broken the cycle!

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Armadillo
Sitting Bull

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  10:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Gregg. Glad to hear you are keeping Franky. I understand about giving the car away, seen it done recently.

Will I ever be done?
Go to Top of Page

GregMiller
Forum Sponsor

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Phil and Tom for the encouragement. Phil, I already have a story about a 66 Catalina that went to the crusher! I think you're right. In tough financial times, its easier to jump ship than stay the course. With a little faith, and a LOT of extra effort, things are coming around. I look forward to every opportunity to work on the car, and race it.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4797 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  08:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Phil--you politely refer to Greg's car Frankenstein as "her." Believe me, it's no "she" or "he", it's and IT!

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

riptor
Buffalo

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  7:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I let my stepson have my 93 Trans Am for $1500 when I could have gotten $5000 or better. He loves it and takes great care of it. It is still in the family and every time I see it it is clean and running good. Never been sorry.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: