New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Brian R
Crazy Horse

USA
1734 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2020 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That time is coming soon - at least for those in the north...

What do you have on your plate for this year?

Mine:
* Bad oil leaks - need to replace my oil pressure line and valve cover gaskets
* Rear springs
* Horn
* Wipers
* Belts
* Hoses
* Cap/Rotor
* Plug wires

Lots more I'd like to do but the budget is tight. That is enough to give me a nice summer.

Lets hear from you all!!!

Edited by - Brian R on 14 Feb 2020 11:25:26 AM

Corncob2061
Crazy Horse

USA
628 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2020 :  10:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the 2 do list on your Lemans Brian?

My 77 4 speed T/A I have ALL the machining done, except I have to bolt the tq plate on and finish hone the cylinders yet. I have a full cage girdle I have computer modeled for the engine to keep the bottom end together.. When the parts get back I can FINALLY get this engine finished and back in my car. Probably looking at April to get it finished now. In the mean time I have several other engines to finish up. 427w chevy stoker, 541stoker B mopar F.A.S.T., 452 B mopar street, and a 445 mopar st6 bracket engine. Then a 462 Pontiac is on a stand waiting to assemble. A couple auto trans to do too.

My 77 the heater core was leaking, dash light blow a fuse, I need to fix those. The exhaust system is probably my next project after the engine is in. Still has the single with tranverse dual muffler. That is not going to cut it this go around.

Paint job was a cheap quick shot of dark gray on my t/a. It lacks much luster. Thinking about ways to brighten it up. Might try a coat of poly? I would like to repaint it, just do not have time to give it a proper painting. I have our 71 Chevelle body torn apart, new fenders, cowl hood and rear quarters. Hope to get the quarters welded on and get that painted before I tackle another body project.

I would like to finish getting the boosted t37 engine in and front end back on, at least get it so I can drive it.

77 T/A. TOP Priority.....Jay

Go to Top of Page

Brian R
Crazy Horse

USA
1734 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  06:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Jay, that is one heck of a list !

Yes, that?s for the Lemans. Daughter is a senior in high school and already on me about getting it ready for ?her.? Haha. Happy to do it.

Good luck with your list.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1552 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  12:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put a deposit on a Doug Nash 5 speed and Long shifter for my ?71 GTO. I hope to get it in this summer. I moved from a urban to a rural area about 1 1/2 years ago, and buzzing around with a Muncie and 3.90?s gets old when everything is miles apart. This way I can still have my performance, and a 5th gear to drop down into while cruising- which will be 99% of the time now!
I pulled the 260 out of my ?62 Mercury in the fall. It needs an ?overhaul?. Block, heads and crank are almost ready at the machine shop. Cam and lifters just got here this week.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

tjs44
Crazy Horse

USA
659 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2020 :  09:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have my 428 RA V on the run stand in my garage,going in my 69 bird.Sent a factory alu block to MI for machining,not sure of that build yet but have mental plans.Have a 301-383 RA V in building stage,have the T block,forged 3 3/4 stroke crank,303 RA V heads,Xram intake and dizzy for it.If all goes well with the 2 alu blocks,one will be a all alu 421 with KRE Dports for my 62 GP and the other will be a all alu 428 with a set of McCarty heads for the bird.At best these will spill into 21.At 75 hope I have enough time to do them all!Tom
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: