Pontiac Street Performance
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Pontiac Performance
 Restoration & Performance Forum
 Anyone here built or bought a Ram Air V motor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punisherzx12r
Tribal Scout

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  01:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit punisherzx12r's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just started a complete restoration of my 69 firebird that i bought when i was 14, wanted to do something different. Reading a lot on the aftermarket aluminum blocks and heads. MR1-A, IA2 blocks and DCI or Lynn McCarty Ram Air V heads.

Anyone have experience with the aftermarket ram air 5?

Steve C.
Chief PONTIAC

2100 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  08:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom does !

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834928&highlight=Tom

Go to Top of Page

tjs44
Crazy Horse

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The DCI heads IMO are really a race head.They are much taller than a stock head,not sure if you can run power brakes in your bird.The McCarty heads are closer to a stock head.Neither have performed NA to virtually any of the std aftermarket std layout heads.I have built like 7-8 RA V engines now and I truly believe none will ever compete with a std head without the pushrod thru the port.For a good street driver on a budget the McCarty head would be my choice.NOTE!No V engine is for the weak of wallet!Custom cam,custom headers are required.Tom
Go to Top of Page

punisherzx12r
Tribal Scout

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  6:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit punisherzx12r's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Car just got blasted today, going to bodyshop tomorrow, then on a roadster shop full chassis. I just want something different. I see the guys that make or work with these ram air V heads actually run ram air IV types or a hemi head in their own race cars.
Go to Top of Page

tjs44
Crazy Horse

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2019 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would draw attention at any pontiac show with Vs.Tom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: