Pontiac Street Performance Shirts for 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  09:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been a few years since Pontiac Street Performance shirts were made available. As in the past, I'd like to know how much interest there is in purchasing a shirt with Pontiac Street Performance on it.

I'm thinking of a polo styled shirt with a color, perhaps in light gray (heather) so it can be worn with jeans or Dockers or cargo pants/shorts.

In the past Pontiac Street Performance was embroidered on the left side. I'd like to do that again.

As to price, it will be at my cost plus shipping to you. If you like to have the year and car embroidered on the right side or on one of the sleeves, let me know and I will inquire about the cost of doing that as well.

Many of us go to various car events during the year and wearing a Pontiac specific shirt showing your colors might just make things cooler for you.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 03 Jul 2019 11:12:18 AM

Steve C.
Chief PONTIAC

2038 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  09:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in
Go to Top of Page

Corncob2061
Crazy Horse

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  5:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in, sounds cool
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  8:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good, so there is interest.

As others read this thread and wish to buy a shirt they should tell me what size shirt they typically wear. I'll gather all the info and get with the shirt maker for quotes etc.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5468 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  2:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man i'm in if you can get any tall sizes (LT or XLT). It's so hard finding shirts that are long enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  6:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike how tall are you? (I'm 6'2") What do you weigh? (I'm down to 205 again) [My youngest son is 36 years younger than me, is 6'3" and 263 pounds] He has trouble as do I keeping the shirt tail in most of the time. Long shirts fit better. I'll explore XLT for sure.

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5468 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  11:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm 6'6" / 240lbs currently. I keep saying i'm going to try and get back down to 210-220 but i've been saying that for 5 years. When i find a good part# for pants or shirts that fit, i try to buy several of the same.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  11:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still seeking interested parties on the shirts offer. Please let me know so things can move forward.

Thanks,

Bill

----
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Chief PONTIAC

2038 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,
Link a picture of the previous shirt. Some might not remember.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  1:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Seeing is believing." My wife took this photo of me sporting the type of shirt I have in mind. This Polo shirt was originally made in 2004 and is in heather. It's been worn often over the years and is still in pretty good, wearable condition. I wear it with jeans and cargo shorts most of the time. It pretty much works with any color pants.

The embroidered print style will be a little different that what is shown here. It will be more like the late PONTIAC letters used by PMD. On the right breast side, I'm contemplating the year and model of your car. For me it would be: 1979 Trans Am

----
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Chief PONTIAC

2038 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  3:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handsome.... and the shirt looks ok too :)
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You got me Steve.

The price of shirts is based on the quantity ordered. So, the more people that order a shirt the lower the cost per shirt. An embroidered PONTIAC Street Performance on the left breast only is less expensive than one that has additional embroidered words elsewhere on the shirt.

I'm contemplating a shirt fabric that is a cotton blend. A cotton blend holds up better than an all cotton shirt. Fabric weight would be of "light weight" category for spring/summer/early fall outdoor use.

----
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Chief PONTIAC

2038 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My opinion, I agree with the light gray. When I helped design and order T-shirts that is what we used. Goes well with all and hides dirt better than white.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1542 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  12:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the shirt idea, but I still have a black and a gray polo from the last time you did them a few years back. They are still like new.as I don?t wear polos very often.
If you were doing t-shirts I?d get a couple. My PSP tee is in rag status as I wore it probably once a week for a few years!

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL...rag status. I have a few PSP Tees like that too and while getting thread bare are comfy to wear around the house and garage.

Drake you're the first to suggest a tee. If there's greater interest in T-shirts, that will work. Whatever you guys what to do I'm good with.

----
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7302 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2019 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interested as well. I too still have a couple PSP polo shirts in great condition as I almost never wear them. However my PSP t shirts are worn out and the 2 I still have are relegated to yard work status.

They were light gray last time but I?d be interested in any color choices if possible. Black might be nice with the red/white PSP.
Mine also have Torque Power on a sleeve which is nice.

At the very least I?ll go with some new polos on your current order.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. LS swaps in Pontiacs should only apply to Fieros.
Go to Top of Page

Corncob2061
Crazy Horse

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  01:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am ok with a polo or t shirt. But I would wear the t shirt like described more like the other guys. I wear XXL (I think), a couple different colors would be great, that way I could get one for my twin brother as well and we would not match. lol,.We all had red T37racing teeshirts back when be race dirt track. Years later in pictures is hard to tell who was who, Ty.. or... Jay :)

Edited by - Corncob2061 on 09 Jul 2019 01:57:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle

USA
5288 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  07:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After reading, it certainly appears the t-shirt is the favored styled shirt to wear. My last thread bare PSP tee finally "bit the dust" after its last washing--I've got only one good one left. So, we'll move in the t-shirt direction.

----

Edited by - Bill Boyle on 09 Jul 2019 07:36:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1542 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  12:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I?d get 2 t?s if you do it. Like corncob I?d need XXL. I like the torque power on the sleeve too.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Red Horse
Cochise

346 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2019 :  9:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in for two size XL.Prefer T, but polo will work.
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2019 :  01:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in for a large T.
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2019 :  02:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If possible, I'd do like Phil and hope for a black one with red/white PSP label/logo. But, in keeping things simple I'd be happy with white. It's just that spaghetti and pizza sauce is tough to make disappear. I'd also request 2. If size and weight matter at all in how these sizes match up I'm 5''9- 170...plus or minus a little depending on season of the year.
Go to Top of Page

Matt H
Cochise

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2019 :  7:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt H's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill
I am in for a XL tee or Polo.

Matt
1981 Pontiac TA Pace Car
461 with 6x8 stock iron heads. XR 224/230 HR Turbo 350 3.08 gears
13.44 ET
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page