Pontiac Street Performance
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Pontiac Performance
 1959-1979 Big Pontiac Tech
 Projects !! any B body stuff happining ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike389
Big Trees

USA
612 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2019 :  2:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liven the big Pontiac part up !! Any B-Body projects going on ??
My new projects prepping trunk for new grey splatter paint, install new aluminum Cold Case radiator, get seats & door panels & trunk upholstered ! then install my newly set up HEI (Thank you Bill) to replace the aging Mallory Unilite which to this point has been trouble free for 19 years & time for retirement !! LOL

PSP B body members what is happening with all your B body projects ?

Mike

Edited by - mike389 on 11 Apr 2019 2:04:51 PM

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2019 :  03:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike, have been too busy being dad o we last few years to do much on my rig but have torn down the original 389 and been cleaning parts lately. Putting together a bigger play motor as well. Which one gets done first who knows. Dont know if you remember but I e got a 63 gp that I?m going through and a 66 2+2 Cvt to do after that. But JEEZ! Time consooooooooming! Too much going on but haven?t given up yet.
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
612 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2019 :  7:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam
I am glad to hear about your engine projects how you get the play motor going in the GP ! I am right in the middle of the new radiator & things to do before install but sidelined due to my '94 pickup back fire problem. new egr & module & a leaking heater hose & what a piece of crap with the coupling at the intake man. got rid of that junk -went all hose to brass fitting & now reinstalling begins !!!
Mike
Go to Top of Page

KOJ
Two Feathers

39 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  3:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next up for my 63 GP is headliner and seats,might wait until winter now that it's driving time..
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
612 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2019 :  4:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Koj hope the headliner went int good !!

My Cold Case radiator is installed after a lot of cus words, the so called direct fit is BS to start the lower hose is off by 1 1/2" so the shroud had to come backout to extend the cut out over so shroud sat down all the way to keep centered for fan blades, the trans line fitting access is not 1/4 pipe thread but 5/16 inverted flair fitting which i had to leave & buy thank God Ace had them !then the mount brackets will not work for the tanks are 1/4" thicker than stock had to bend bottom brackets out flat & use 1/6" rubber instead of the thick org. ones & the top rad. fan protector has 1/6" nw also. the rad. itself sits 3/4" taller !! top inlet is 1 1/2" so many thing not easy to cope with but after 2 days & a damn sore lower back it's in & looks great, lots of compliments at S&S yesterday !! installing the clutch fan was a bear, & never again will i do this !!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
5332 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2019 :  9:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, it is truly amazing how companies market parts as "will fit your car" just to find they will fit it only after spending 30 hours of tweaking to get the damn part to work. I know your frustration. How many swear words can you now string in one sentence? Lots, I'm sure. I'm getting quite proficient at it myself. UGH!

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
612 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2019 :  12:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill i felt your pain for a couple of days but nothing compared to your's !!! Once i fixed the brackets & fan shroud things got easier, I will email you pics being i can't post them here !! looks great once it was completed !!
Mike
Go to Top of Page

veefer69
Tribal Scout

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  4:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm working on my 67 Ventura when i have free time. Looking to make it posi traction and better gearing. Have any experience with this on your GP?

Shawn E
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  01:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey mike you get your stuff on your rig sorted out? I?m in the middle of an engine build. I must have spent 2 full days wire wheeling the piss out of every nut and bolt. Can?t say how many damned wire wheel bristles I?ve pulled out of my shirt and pants. A lot. Nonetheless, now all engine bolts are spotless and stored in bags with light coat wd40. All painted bolts were etch primed, primed again, then painted with restoration parts pontiac blue. Gotta say, their blue for our engines is an absolute dead match. They don?t give it away but it?s great paint for an aerosol. One day I will get there dammit!
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
612 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  03:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam
i am waiting for the disc brake conversion, it will get here friday and will lay it all out for pics most likely sunday ! car show sat. !!
Mike
Go to Top of Page

pitts64
Cochise

228 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a Champion Radiator for my 64 Bonneville and it fight like a glove.. It was like $150 bucks too..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: