New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Randolph Logan
Tribal Scout

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2019 :  3:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ne a pictorial diagram for the vaccum hose for a 1975 Pontiac grand prix 400 6.6 with a carter quardra jet

I am not convinced that the way mine are connected are right and i am having performance problems.

I am new to this site and would welcome any help.

maybe one day I could be of assistance to someone else

Randolph Logan

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2019 :  9:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum--

There should be (or used to be) a decal on the top of the radiator crossmember. It showed the stock routing of all vacuum lines running around those smogger engines.

As I recall the configurations varied to some degree as more CAFE laws were set to lower emissions each year. The configuration on your GP could be the same as one found on a Firebird or other big car with a 400 engine.

What kind of performance problems are you seeing?

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

p.rat
Two Feathers

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  03:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome also! I am new here, too. The are a lot of good people, with vast knowledge and a willingness to share on PSP. I have been reading posts for a few years, but just recently joined. I sure hope that this site is around for a long time!

Per your request for vacuum hose routing, I have the original factory service manual that came with the '75 GP SJ 455 that I bought over a decade ago for the engine. This book covers all models, except Aster. The manual is in fair shape, but falling apart. By coincidence, just over the past couple of days I have been in the process of removing the pages from it's worn bindery, making copies of those that are about to fall apart, and putting them in a loose leaf notebook for preservation. I will look in the emissions section and see if I can find what you are looking for. If I find what you need, I will make a copy, then figure out the best way to get it to you. Good luck, Kevin
Go to Top of Page

p.rat
Two Feathers

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  02:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randolph, I have made copies of the various vacuum diagrams for your GP. I can get them to you, somehow.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  2:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.rat--send Logan and email. Click on his name and you will see how to send and email to him.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

p.rat
Two Feathers

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill. I sent him an email about a week or so ago, but not sure if it went through. I'll try again. Nice work on your T/A! Kevin
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: