New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

proximity_alrt
Tribal Scout

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2018 :  4:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, new to the forum. Business partner gifted me a '66 Catalina, thought I'd share. Not sure if it's a gift, or if he really hates me.

Looks like it's a plain jane 389/290 horse 2bbl. According to him, it ran back in '11 when he bought it. Just picked up a ton of cheapo Rockauto tuneup parts, filters, etc. to see if I can get it to fire.

Body's not in too bad a shape...except for the upper front windshield channel where the guy who owned before the biz partner used white caulking to seal the horrendous rust. Looks like there's some gank coming down the a-pillars into the door jamb, too. I guess the typical slow rust death for a 52 yo car.

Interior's shot straight to at least the 5th or 6th circle of hell. Again, guy he bought it from used caulk to glue some horrendous tan carpet to the floorboards. I wouldn't sit on the seats if I had the plastic my grandmother used for her furniture between them and my butt.

I love Pontiacs, bought a 69 Lemans in 91 that I never should have sold. I want to get the bug back, but damn this is getting to be a rich man's (or a man with tremendous credit's) game.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the car.

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool follows him?

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5438 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2018 :  8:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had one of those a couple years ago. Suspension parts aren't super common, but one of the best, solid, comfortable riding classic cars i've ever been in, even with the 2bbl 389. Just a joy to cruise and ride in, and i'm 6'6" 240lbs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: