New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2017 :  3:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 428, .030. Zero decked Forged pistons totaling 15cc dish and reliefs. 5140 rods. 3/4 groove bearings, balanced. Heads are 84cc flow 270 at 600 lift. Exhaust flows around 220 if I remember right. Looking for a cam choice. If I?ve calculate out correctly, I come up with ark nd 9.2 comp with a .039 head gasket. The car is a 1963 GP which hits the scales around 4000#. 3:23 rear. I intend to a t-400. Haven?t chosen a converter yet. I?d like this thing to be streetable even though the heads could give it some good potential. He heads are clearances to use the 1:65 if it seems like a good idea to go that route. I intend to run the long branch ram air restoration manifolds. So basically looking for a little input on cam choice and then converter to go along with it. Maybe a summit 2802? Or a 60243? Any opinions? Thanks ahead of time..-Adam

tjs44
Cochise

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2017 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you going to do with the car?Race it?Just want a good hipo street driver?Im building a 63 421 HO block right now to put in my 62 4 speed GP.Im going to use 96 heads setup for 9.5 CR with a 65 tripower.I decided just to put in the cam used back then.Im going to put in the factory 068 cam with a set of original GM lifters.For your head flo the 2802 could be a good cam.Tom
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2017 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeez, tons of typos in my original post! Need to proofread. Yeah Tom, pretty much just a strong street car. I?ll be running a stock 72 intake and a quad to start out with. I do have a 66 Tripower set up but you but needs to be gone through. It would be pretty cool to use it eventually but for now it?s just get the motor assembled, running, and dropped in. Thanks for the reply about the 2802. I was thinking of 1:65 both Intake and exhaust and a good set of lifters. I spoke to cliff the other day and he gave me the brand name he?d recommend but can?t think of them off the top of my head. He thought the 2802 or the 60243...I think...was a good candidate. Was going to touch base with him after thanksgiving about a carb rebuild and or parts.
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys should have posted in the cam section.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: