FACEBOOK and PSP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

850 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2017 :  12:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should PSP modernize by posting on Facebook? Let me know.

Bill
Webmaster

billboylepsp@gmail.com

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7228 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2017 :  1:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting question and worth exploring. While I hate FB it's become a necessary evil. One of my complaints though about FB pages is the difficulty in looking up archival information and posts.

But the topic is worth a serious discussion and it may be good for PSP, ultimately.

If there was some way of transitioning or overlapping the 2, it may also be advantageous.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 19 Nov 2017 1:09:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2017 :  3:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also hate how hard it is to find and organize information. however, most users are casual and like "anyone have the air filter number for xxx" or "what part is this?!". So, you'd open up to a whole new audience of casuals for sure. You also put faces to names. You also see more about people than you would on here, for better and for worse (politics mainly). I think it'd be a great funnel to get people back to the forums. I post links to the forums that answer questions instead of answering the question all the time. When i have an issue, i personally enjoy reading the whole conversation about the same problem others had, not just the solution.

Pontiac Midwest Connection is a large FB group with about 20K members. I can tell you, when the group grows, you end up with a lot of time banning people and deleting posts that don't conform to the rules. Eventually, you'll need a person or two with your same viewpoints to help.

Otherwise, good and bad i guess.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2017 :  3:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, forgot, easier to post photos there to show people things for sure, no 3rd party hosting needed and can do it right from the phone in one step. So that's nice.
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7228 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2017 :  9:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point about the moderator spending tons of time keeping the page clean. Very true. I also belong to some of those Pontiac pages including the one you mentioned. It gets out of hand at times on FB pages and there are way too many people who fly right off the handle and start with the insults and extreme vulgarity. Tons of morons too giving out ridiculous answers to people's questions which often aren't even remotely close to being accurate. Makes me long for the forums being king again.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Hikin Mike
Two Feathers

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  02:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hikin Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Facebook is great to connect with friends, but I don't care for Facebook as a "forum". Jut my 2-pennies as a new member that reads this forum daily, yet comments once or twice.

- Mike

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (#51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  11:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It can't hurt. I think the only negative is having to spend more time moderating it. Maybe some of us could pitch in on that part. I frequent quite a few firebird pages on Facebook but those that have thousands of visits a day, hard to read all the threads and keep up with them because you can't just click on one, you have to scroll to find it. Give it a shot with an explanation that serious car questions should be posted here maybe.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Crazy Horse

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2017 :  10:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, I think it would be good. People will get constant updates and reminders. You can link certain topics back to the site and maybe even somehow get some advertising to pay you (just a guess).
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5354 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  10:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do think it would drive traffic back to the forum. When people ask about something that's been documented to death here, we could link it back rather than repeating the same old crap. Also, be ready for 100 LS swap topics.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: