New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sketer63
Tribal Scout

1 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2017 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,
I just joined the forum. I have owned a Pontiac in the past, a 70 GTO. It was the one that truly got away. I joined the Navy and got married, everything had to go. Now its 30 years later and the time has come.
I just finished a 15 year project. A 70 Chevelle that came out exceptionally well. Big block and a TKO-600, its a ball to drive. I do not care what you say, Chevrolet or not, that body style is beautiful. I love cars, not just one manufacture. I do not care who you are, if you would shun a 67 Cobra because its a Ford or a 69 Charge because its a Dodge, your a fool. Enough of my opinions.
I am now going to return to my roots so to speak and build the Pontiac I could not afford when I was younger. I could have just as easily picked a Cobra Kit car or the Charger, but I choose the Pontiac.
I will be gathering a couple of 400 and 455 core engines and am presently looking for a 70-73 Firebird, 65 GTO and of course the one that got away, another 70 GTO. The pedigree of the car is not overly important, i just love the body styles and will build the cars to meet my needs. Moderate power, 500 HP or so, and of course a manual transmission.
I am looking forward to the ride. Good day to all.

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4795 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2017 :  4:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum and your return to Pontiac is also welcome. No real Mopar or Ford haters here. All muscle cars are cool in my book. Especially today when classic muscle needs to be preserved.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

Hikin Mike
Tribal Scout

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2017 :  7:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hikin Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Agree with Bill, all classic musclecars need to be preserved.

I owned a 66 Chevelle after high school and I would love to get another. This time I'd put a Pontiac motor....just because! Besides my Firebird I own a 68 Coronet convertible. :)

- Mike

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (#51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2017 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sketer,

Welcome!

I hope you find your dream Pontiac to restore.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2017 :  06:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic