94 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  2:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHO IS GOING FIRST WEEK END IN AUG

charles dixon

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

108 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2017 :  10:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just returned. Great event, perfect weather (mostly). Scored some good parts. Met some old and new friends. Lots of cars in the 8s and 9s.
All good.
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2017 :  12:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there with my 69 GTO. I ran street class. The car was running pretty consistent 11.2Xs and ran one 11.195. I broke my driveshaft at the starting line on Sunday morning....

Needless to say, the car went in the trailer and I started my trek back to Massachussetts a bit early.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4750 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2017 :  2:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the broken drive shaft twisted, fractured or snapped? Where was the damage located on it. Just curious.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2017 :  10:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, the shaft snapped right behind the tailshaft. The weld failed on the yoke and just ripped away. No damage to anything else, luckily. I had a driveshaft loop.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5322 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2017 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear nothing more serious! Heck you could have likely found a driveshaft there, or trucked over to summit and found a readyshaft the right length.
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  2:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cortcomp

Good to hear nothing more serious! Heck you could have likely found a driveshaft there, or trucked over to summit and found a readyshaft the right length.

My car breaking got me eliminated for the Sunday racing. I wasnt sure if I had caused any other damage and wanted to get it on the lift to inspect the tailshaft and surrounding areas.

I did have a guy come out of the stands and asked me if I would like to use his "spare driveshaft", which was a few miles down the road....

Gotta love the car crowd, always willing to help!

The two cars next to me in the pits also broke...blown head gasket and another guy broke his trans input shaft!
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5322 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  11:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch! I'd rather have the driveshaft go than either of those!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: