Pontiac Street Performance
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Pontiac Performance
 Restoration & Performance Forum
 Does it make sense to continue with the forum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  08:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve C.

Posted within a recent topic....

"Again my opinions, others may disagree and hopefully step up with their suggestions"

Response.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0

Steve,just curious what thread that was from? I hope we were not blowing anybody off.

I've been trying to post a few random things on the site the last few weeks i.e. my "Current projects" thread,but nothing has been asked that I can comment on,but I read EVERY new post on this site,and as I've posted before,I kick in my ideas if it's a subject I feel I can contribute to.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1672 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  09:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daywalker461

He posted at the end of this thread:
http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229

I've provided a few thoughts but there are others here more familiar with a factory cam than me. Also a issue in that he has left us not much to go on regarding his build, car and intentions. Also I have no experience with a stick car and might be off base with my opinions regarding that. Anyway I probably should of not muddied the water here but in a round about way it relates to lack of use on this site. Onward......

Edited by - Steve C. on 31 May 2017 10:05:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  10:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve C.

Daywalker461

He posted at the end of this thread:
http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229

I've provided a few thoughts but there are others here more familiar with a factory cam than me. Also a issue in that he has left us not much to go on regarding his build, car and intentions. Also I have no experience with a stick car and might be off base with my opinions regarding that. Anyway I probably should of not muddied the water here but in a round about way it relates to lack of use on this site. Onward......

Ahhh....now I remember reading that one.
I have no E-head knowledge. I CAN kick in 400 build cam picks pro and con though. Seems like everybody these days has a 455 or stroker.

Also,I think with a thread that old it would be better to start a new one instead of a highjack of an old one.. JMO.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3404 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve c, never seen you so flustered. Is there some back story here?

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1672 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  12:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not flustered. Sorry to leave that impression.

Edited by - Steve C. on 08 Jun 2017 4:10:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3404 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  2:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to stop in unexpectedly and make a nuisance of my self.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Red Horse
Sitting Bull

202 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2017 :  03:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I check the site every day. Only post on occasion. This site is the most informative of all the Pontiac sites. And the most user friendly. Except for posting photos. Part of the problem with lack of interest may be that there are fewer Pontiacs on the road. Pontiacs have become cult cars in my humble opinion, and the young guys want the newer stuff. The young guys at the local cruise ins are all driving late model Mustangs Dodges etc.
The demise of this site would be a sad thing.
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blued and Painted

I like to stop in unexpectedly and make a nuisance of my self.

Which you do very well

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3404 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  10:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Snap !!

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Sitting Bull

101 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2017 :  3:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill!

I'm glad you've kept the site going. 10 years ago I thought the traditional Pontiac hobby/crowd was going away. But with new blocks, new heads, and new options for cranks and rods, I believe it is reviving.

I recently (via Facebook) became friends with a younger guy (mid-20's) who was looking at buying a '67 Firebird. He has now bought it, and I've talked/texted him through a variety of tuning and repair issues, kept him from doing some stupid mistakes (like installing a HUGE solid roller cam, which the previous owner talked him into buying). There is new blood coming into the hobby, and this is a good place for them to for knowledge.

CURRENT: '73 T/A clone, boring at the moment...
67 Firebird (sold) 11.27 @ 119.6 Feb. '05 issue HPP
69 Falcon wagon, 10.51 @ 130mph Feb. '10 issue PHR (sold)
72 Cutlass Convertible, first car, owned since '82, now with a 6.0 LS, mild, putting just under 400 hp/tq to the wheels.
www.LNLPD.com
Go to Top of Page

FenixPhiendOwn
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2017 :  03:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for keeping it up and running!! I just signed up and posted a question. Not sure where I asked it but its somewhere around here! HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!!!

Fledgling in the Flock
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2017 :  11:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$180 a month for cable and internet for me. Mounting medical bills for my wife- So I had them turned off last week, I won't be here for a while.

Edited by - 67drake on 12 Jul 2017 11:49:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2017 :  12:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drake, there are a lot of discount internet options avail out there. $20/month plain DSL you can run over, with no TV or phone bundles. That's what i do, and use cell phone, and netflix, amazon, etc over the internet. Also free public wifi everywhere now.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck buddy, hoping for the best.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2017 :  6:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mounting medical bills for my wife

Sorry to learn about this. I hope things improve quickly for her and that "normalcy" returns to your family lickety-split.

Bill

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  12:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Mike. I'll keep this in mind. Part of the issue is lack of funds,the other is it's just chaos here right now anyway.

Thanks Bill.
My wife was in a roll over accident in CO about 4 months ago that she got a severe concussion and spinal injury from. She just had surgery on Monday. She's doing OK,but still in a LOT of pain.I took the week off of work to play "Mr. Mom".

I'll drop in when I can here,but I might have to get a "Smart phone" or whatever they call them and use "data",as this is what I'm doing right now with one of my kids phones.

Take care guys.

Go to Top of Page

russ t-37
Cochise

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  08:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can new replies be automatically emailed to us? the forum isn't dead, we just have busy lives. Russ
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  10:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Automatic emails notifications of posts is not a feature of this forum's software.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

4spta
Tribal Scout

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2017 :  10:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill I'm glad this site still around it's always been a big help to me

400/467cu.310cfm kauffman D-ports w/1.65 steel roller rocker arms. XE274-H cam.Forged steel Ohio crank.Eagle rods. Icon pistons.Balanced.HSD intake.750mech.sec Holley.1-3/4in hedders.3 in collectors.2-1/2in exhaust.Flowmasters.ST-10 tranny.4.10 gears. 6 point cage.subframe connectors.every bushing polyurethane. F/R drag shocks line lock. Lightened up front end. Appox.3500lbs

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7214 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2017 :  8:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gotta say, this site as well as PY (Ames?) or whatever it's called now are so much more accurate for info vs. the tons of uncontrolled bad info. posted on the FB groups I check in with.

Most FB pages also have no Troll and Whacko control.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2017 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FB pages are the WORST.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: