Pontiac Street Performance
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Pontiac Performance
 Restoration & Performance Forum
 Does it make sense to continue with the forum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  2:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Days pass now with little activity on the forum. Few people visit and there aren't many posts.

At 2:41 ESDT today, there were just 8 people other than myself to visit the forum; so far, not a soul has posted a reply, or commented on an existing post.

During the month of April only 7 people registered on the forum that were not phony computer registrants.So far during the month of May just 1 person has registered.

My question is, should I keep this forum running?

The PSP website, the parent of the forum, has seen better days too. The 1 to 1 club has died for lack of interest. Interest in Pontiacs has apparently declined too.

Does anyone see a reason for the PSP website to continue?

Let me know you thoughts. You can post or email me at bboyle@boyleworks.com

Bill

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  8:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I check in a few times a day, out of habit and because it's a "looser" crowd than the restoration purists over at PY. I would think, if everyone is like me, they're shaking off the winter and getting back into their cars. IIRC, don't we normally see a little drop around this time?
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  07:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of great information on here plus very knowledgeable folk that, although they might not post much, they still check the forum and help. I'm a part of another forum, actually a moderator and admin, and we get about the same traffic over there.

Your call, your the one spending the money. Would dislike not having the ability to visit with my friends over here.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

113 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  08:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. If interest in old Pontiacs is falling then I would expect to see falling car prices. A quick look at classic car marketplaces tells me that the asking prices are up, but just like houses, you can "ask" whatever you want. Are selling prices dropping?

2. One of the greatest features of this site is the "search". I have found answers and guidance for many questions and problems without posting a question. It's amazing how much stuff is here. I would really miss the knowledge base if you closed down.

3. When I go to All Pontiac events, the younger (and I'm talking relative age here) guys usually have the G8s and late GTOs. When GM (really, the govt. killed it) killed Pontiac a slow decline in ownership started. In SE Michigan there are still tons of Pontiacs on the road, but when I travel the country I can go days and not see a Pontiac. I don't see many Studebakers either. Follow me?

4. Parts. When junkyards were full of old Pontiacs and 455s a guy could blow his engine and get another the same day, cheap. Now it's apparently cheaper to drop in a LS motor. Hard to believe.

I hope you can continue with this. Even though I never met anyone here in person, I feel like you are all old friends. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

113 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great example of the archived knowledge here-
I'm looking to upgrade lighting and found the posting for MAD relay kits-in two minutes! Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  08:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I check in here almost every day. If I'm not "logged in",I assume I just look like another "passer by" looking at the site.

I don't have my GTO out of storage yet. My garage is full of 2 of my other sons projects. I just built a Quadrajet using Cliffs parts for my kids' '91 Silverado. He threw the TBI and computer in the garbage,and rewired the truck to use the Quadrajet. That's what I'VE been up to. I could post stuff here about it,but I don't know if anybody wants to hear about my kids/my Chevy project,so I don't post it.

I have not done anything on the GTO in a couple of years,except for change the oil,and the tires I burn through. I guess when you build it right,and it keeps on running,there is no drama or questions to post. If it blew up,I'd have a ton of questions to post,ya know.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 09 May 2017 08:47:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  09:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reading you various points about the forum. Thanks for your inputs; need more comments though.

Later I'll post some stats about the forum.

BTW, there are 3 new computer registrants that need to be deleted, once again, before the spam begins. There are 3 every day of the week and sometimes more that need my administrative attention. I may simply close registration to stop this crap. If you're already registered you're in good shape.

More later....
+++++++++++++
Here are some stats about the forum.

January 2017 new registration count: 10
February 2017 new registration count: 11
March 2017 new registration count: 12
April 2017 new registration count: 7
May 2017 through the 9th: 1

Total number of posts made by new registrants since Dec 31, 2016: 126
Number of days through 9 May 2017 is 129
Average number of posts for 129 days by 41 new registrants: .976 posts per day (less than 1)
25 new registrants out of 41 posted at least 1 time.

In 2016 the forum registered 141 people.

Since this new format was created on 12 June 2006:
Totals: Total Topics: 8071
Archived Topics: None
Total Posts: 77,779
Registered Users: 2266

There are hundreds of people who have registered for one reason or another and never posted. There are hundreds of people who registered and only posted once; some never responded to their original post that was answered by others.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich--keeping the forum going has nothing to do with money. The forum has been a gift since it's inception in June 2006.

My concern is related to inactivity. If few are interested why bother? I monitor the forum at least half a dozen times a day...based on habit. I work at keeping the forum clear of spam and spend time every day of the week deleting bogus posts. The system we have in place doesn't thwart computer made entries. It's an old system and doesn't provide a good firewall.

The forum has become a library of information. With thousands of posts, there are some good points and information to help Pontiac enthusiasts with their cars. The search mechanism does work and information on an issue can be found most of the time, so that's good.

However, imagine, the forum as a brick and mortar library and the doors are open, yet few people come to the library to check a book out or do research. After a while one would has to wonder if the library is really needed in the community.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  1:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PSP is still my first click in the morning.
I consider the regulars my friends and would like to meet each of you in person.

It reminds me of the micro brewery down the street. Twenty stools at the bar but only 3 or 4 people on friday night. The owner also sells brewing equipment and supply's in a small town market. He accepts that the business is only marginally profitable. Why does he remain open?

And the search is much better than the other place.

--

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 09 May 2017 1:10:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  11:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

I love this site vs others because it is simple and to the point. I feel like I know a lot of folks on here because of your site. I have connected with many at the Pontiac Nationals and even befriended others on Facebook (for what that is worth).

I have learned a lot and also hope I have helped a few folks along the way.

Not trying to make more work for you, but is there a way to give the site a bit of a face lift or maybe add some new categories, like 1:1 club?

I'd be happy to brainstorm some ideas. Like many others, I check this site almost daily.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  07:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That might be key to getting the younger crowd here, the forum platform does make the "site look" out dated

Rich
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  08:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the site was "expanded" a few years back though (new categories),but IMO,it just makes it harder to read any new threads. I'm Not being critical,just honest.

The younger crowd might be attracted to a more modern looking forum/site,but I'm older so I'm the wrong one to ask.

If we are thinking of starting new categories with the Holden GTO,G8,or LS "Pontiacs",ect. Go to PY and look at their activity on those sub-forums. It's non existent. I made a comment about this very subject over on PY last week when somebody started a thread,and the thread was deleted! Must be a sore spot for them.

Go to Top of Page

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

113 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  08:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really dislike the forums with black background and white font.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  09:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drake, the "Active Topics" will show the current activity based on selecting how far back in time you wish to look at new comments etc.

This is how I monitor the board.

I select "Active Topics" then pick, "last 12 hours." I select that time frame because I'm on the board at least 6 times a day.

Have you tried that procedure to look for new topics and new posts to comments?

Rich, I don't know who the new crowd of Pontiac enthusiast might be. Changing it cosmetically might be of interest to some, but from my old school perspective, if I want to use a 16 ounce framing hammer, the sucker can be older then dirt as long as it works and gets the job done. Painting it to make that hammer look good isn't necessary. In addition, I prefer KISS. (keep it simple stupid)

As far as creating category topics, that was just another way to sort the knives from the forks, the nails from the screws, the stinky socks from the clean ones etc.

Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1675 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  10:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Changing it cosmetically might be of interest to some..."

Some of us old people resist change
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  12:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my new job, acknowledge, assist, and appreciate the customer is top top priority. I will try to bring more of this to PSP when conversing with sensitive millennial's and/or new members.

Cam wars was must see PSP.
Seems like the cam combos have been sorted out.
Just call Lunati, Butler, SD, or Comp and get an off the shelf custom roller. So we are left with fuel delivery and electrical problems.

Getting a correct diagnosis without using eyes, ears, nose, and fingers is extremely difficult. All we can go by is personal experience. But history on 40 year old cars is as diverse as PSP members.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 10 May 2017 12:13:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  1:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Diagnosis is easy: It's always a bad ground, 350's aren't worth the money to rebuild, might as well stroke it while you're in there. Problems solved!
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  4:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cortcomp

Diagnosis is easy: It's always a bad ground, 350's aren't worth the money to rebuild, might as well stroke it while you're in there. Problems solved!

hahahaha

Rich
Go to Top of Page

68bird
Sitting Bull

USA
221 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  6:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I visit PSP almost daily. Definitely my favorite forum to ask questions and search for answers on. I know I don't post a whole lot but boy I'd miss it if it was gone.

Robb Hermes
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  9:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another observation in the Pontiac space, many folks are joining facebook groups that are specifically geared towards Pontiacs of all kinds.

The groups are quick access to what folks are chatting about, easy to post photos and provides update notifications if you are following someone.

I am just making this known to those that dont use Facebook. Perhaps some links between PSP and Facebook or a PSP specific group....

again just trying to think about ways to create more traffic. Something is broken based on the metrics. It doesnt mean people aren't crazy about Pontiacs....
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  10:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find the facebook groups 1) ridiculous (i got banned for calling a guy out on a lie, turns out he knew the owner of the group.) 2) disorganized (can't find any info) and 3) repetitive (due to #2 probably). The same basic questions over and over again because people can't see that it was already answered. I think they're great for scrolling through pics or BSing with people though.

I'd join a PSP facebook group for sure just to help spread the word and refer people back here. Screw off pontiac midwest connection. PSP FOR LIFE!
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  06:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I find the facebook groups 1) ridiculous (i got banned for calling a guy out on a lie, turns out he knew the owner of the group.) 2) disorganized (can't find any info) and 3) repetitive (due to #2 probably). The same basic questions over and over again because people can't see that it was already answered. I think they're great for scrolling through pics or BSing with people though.

I'd join a PSP facebook group for sure just to help spread the word and refer people back here. Screw off pontiac midwest connection. PSP FOR LIFE!

Well said! I think the Facebook page as a link to Bill's site would be good. It's free.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  10:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this place goes "Facebook",I'll move on.

I'm the only guy I know with a "flip-phone",and that's as high tech as I get. Think-there are many guys out there that don't even spend time on the computer. My engine builder,who is the top "go to guy" for rebuilding Pontiacs in my area has NO TIME to worry about the internet,facebook,tweets,ect. He's busy building sh*t.

I hope this place stays alive,but if it goes modern you'll see less and less of me. (Some of you might like that )

Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  11:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not saying this will save the site,but I belong to many different forums on the internet (in a variety of hobbies). Almost all have a general "Chat" section at the TOP of the page. Many guys stop in everyday to see what is going on. We post comments on current topics,what we did last night,family photos,ect-whatever. Then we talk shop.
If I have nothing going on that day,I at least stop in to see what's going on with my buddies,and sometimes I comment.

I don't think this will "drive" this site,but maybe it will keep some of the fair weather guys coming back everyday.

Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1675 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  11:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm the only guy I know with a "flip-phone",and that's as high tech as I get."

NO, there are two of us

Mine stays in the car glove box for emergency !
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  11:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree on the Facebook idea, I think a simple page to help drive traffic here is a good thing. I'm not a big fan of moving it to Facebook. Too much stuff is missed because Facebook is a simple, linear discussion thread whereas a forum has multiple "threads" for discussion. Facebook, in the context of this hobby is NOT a good media to use. Way too many conversations get lost. However, it is a good media to find places of interest and to point people to the "action" web page.

Rich

Edited by - rkellerjr on 11 May 2017 11:39:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  11:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three of us. And its in my pocket.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

js292
Sitting Bull

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  4:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I don't post must, I check active topics daily m-f (I don't usually use a computer on the weekends). I do use the site archives quite a bit to answer questions I have and or research.I'm also (slowly) building my motor to hopefully be in the 1:1 club and would hate to see this site dissipate.
John

71 Formula 455
Go to Top of Page

SIX8YAK
Tribal Scout

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  6:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coming from a novice owner of two old cars, this place has already been a huge help to me. Talking about compression ratios, water pump plate distance from the impellar, and a ton of other small tips that those of you have shared. As I am a novice, I can't help much with how-to's or suggesting great options, but I do appreciate all the people that CAN and do share that information. And I'm newly 25, turning into a "Pontiac Kid" even though I have a 64 Impala and a Hellcat in the garage too.. Somehow the old Poncho feels prestigious to me.

1968 Grand Prix 400/TH350
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  11:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's no doubt, this site is by far more valuable as-is than a facebook group.

Like it or not, though, Facebook gets a lot views and social activity. I think we use it as a gateway to funnel folks who want more than a quick comment and have more meaningful discussions around the Pontiac hobby here.

One the of the reasons why I dont like the PY forum, is that it has too much going on.

Simple is good. I deal with enough non-simple all day at work.

I'd be happy to help get more traffic to Bill's site anyway I can, I want to see this site thrive.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  08:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK,I guess I'll take back part of my Facebook comment. If it's used as a way to get people to come here,then that's good. I just meant if this site "switched over" to Facebook only,I'm gone.

SIX8YAK-We need you young guys to post here. That's what will keep the place going.

Glad to see I'm not the only one left with a flip phone. I seemed to have lived 52 years without a smartphone. 90% of the people I know who have a smartphone,even my age,spend hours a day on it. No thanks,I'd rather be outside shooting/wrenching something.

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  10:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FB groups could never replace forums, but when people ask questions there i put links to topics here so maybe people will sign up. Also it's faster than answering the same questions over and over.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  1:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm the only one in my family without an iPhone. I haven't had a need for one. In fact I have little need for a flip phone. My flip phone is used rarely as I don't usually have on me. So, I'm not a Facebook user.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  1:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'd be surprised how handy a smart phone is even if not for social media. For myself, it allows me to take 30 seconds to respond to an email off-hours and avoid a half hour conversation, or having to stop working in the garage to go sit at a computer and answer.

For most guys we setup with one that sound like you guys, they love it after they're on it. Being able to take photos of a project for later (i constantly do this when doing small stuff, remember which way wires plugged in or brackets went), ability to talk to grandkids with facetime, which kids can do now themselves at like 2. Being able to look up parts in the garage, and sometimes just order and keep working.

We finally got my father in law on facebook, joined him to the body shop groups, some for his truck and whatever, and he was very anti smart phone, loves it.

The amount i learn from the body shop groups on accident just when scrolling through is huge. Sometimes i see a post on a pontiac page i can answer, or one on the 60-66 truck pages i know, and i answer and refer them to the forum with more info.

As far as needing a smart phone for FB, i generally use it on the computer. I'm generally using it for family, and some work related stuff. The phone i just use it when i'm stuck in line somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4794 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  2:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gee whiz Mike, when you put it that way, I can see what I've missed all along. I've stumbled and bumbled along for nearly 69 years. I guess it's time to get onboard so I too can become mesmerized by the technology.

I have to laugh. When neighbors were finally buying large color TVs in wooden console cabinets in order to watch the Jackie Gleason Show in color or movies on Saturday Night at the Movies, my brother and I were prodding our folks to buy a color TV too. My dad, always the kidder, frequently remarked, "when they perfect it, we'll get one." Now I will use that line of malarkey too. "When they perfect the Smart Phone, I'll get one."

My wife and sons keep pushing my buttons to get one. Time will tell.

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  3:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"When they perfect it"...you have a good long wait yet!

I remember one christmas i got my dad a digital camera (this is way pre-smartphone). He said "It sure is nice, but i don't know what i'd use it for!" He went on to use it when doing installs for his various businesses. For marketing, and for proof how things were done right, or issues where the customer was supposed to handle a part and it wasn't done.

That camera died probably 5 or 7 years later, and it was an emergency! "I need one right now! get me the same exact one!" Of course, it was old by then, i found one on ebay and it made it until he got a smart phone. Same with email on his phone (for work.) Didn't need it, now he's addicted.

Of course, if i didn't work for myself, i'd find it a lot easier than going without. I dislike doing work on them (or tablets), but again, it's handier to take 5 min in the car to handle an issue for someone than to have to take 1/2hr later to do it.

I get it, you never needed on before. And there are some people at customers that they issue one to and they find no use for it, and it sits. But i'd say 90% FIND use for it after they have it. Giving one to my father in law, and my mother in law (when she was alive) was wonderful, it keeps my father in law in touch and something to do/reach out with now that she's gone and he's retired, and for her it was a way to easily get kid time.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  6:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,I think a smart phone could come in handy at times,but you use the word "addicted" too. This is what I see with too many people,my wife included. The stories I could tell you...that I won't get into here. I just see way too many people,even on the job,with their heads down looking at the phone. No thanks.

I can communicate with anybody too.....pick up the phone and call me. I've had the same landline # listed in the phone book for the last 25 years. You want pictures? Sure,I'll send them in the mail.

People act as if the world will end if they don't get what they want right away. The more we advance,the more I resist. I AM typing this out on a computer that was "wiz-bang" 30 years ago,so give me some credit.

Go to Top of Page

tjs44
Cochise

USA
412 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2017 :  7:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I start to shake when I cant find my Iphone and im 72!Tom
Go to Top of Page

Scott J
Buffalo

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2017 :  07:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually read everyday even if I'm not logged in.
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2017 :  07:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I upgraded to a smart phone for a few years ago just because of our business. I don't use it except to make calls when needed and texting. And play Candy Crush. I'm a tech guy and have been for many years but this carrying around a small computer with font so small it is hard to see and when you up the font it looks silly and technically the screen is really too small, etc. etc. etc. Too much information on too small a media for me. But, it does come in handy once in a while.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2017 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at wallmart and noticed a guy walking head down, looking at his phone. He is 20 feet away and walking towards me so i stop to see which way he will turn.
The guy continued walking and a few seconds later runs into me.
Then he acts like its my fault.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1675 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2017 :  12:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Wpc9s35ZY
Go to Top of Page

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

113 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2017 :  2:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Facebook has it's place. This is not it.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2017 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Wpc9s35ZY

LOL!
Why does that not get deleted,some of mine do!

Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2017 :  08:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well,I called my step son this past Saturday night. I was home alone and bored. He said he was over at a friends dad's shop about 2 miles away,and they were putting together a '70 GTO for the son to take to prom.
My son and I spent 5 hours there (wife was not too happy with me coming home @ 3 AM,but it was worth it). Turns out I met the dad years back at a local car show,I still had his business card in my wallet.
My son took some pics,but I can't get them to transfer over to my computer from his E-mail. I'll work on it. (Maybe if I had a smart phone....)
Anyway,if I keep hanging around this guy,maybe I'll have more to post here. He has a shop full of Pontiacs in various stages of restoration.

I need to work on my clutch when I get my '71 out of storage,I'm sure I'll post a few things about it.

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2017 :  09:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damnit! I was going to make the smartphone dig but you beat me to it.

The clutch. Never have i had so much clutch trouble as i did in my 71. I'm glad you have GM linkage and parts in yours, i chased my aftermarket woes forever.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2017 :  09:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This message sent using Budget HP Laptop using fingers.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 16 May 2017 10:26:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2017 :  10:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Damnit! I was going to make the smartphone dig but you beat me to it.

That was sarcasm

Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
568 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill
i always give this site to Pontiac people i meet but never check to see if anyone from Coeur d'Alene / Post Falls idaho & Spokane region have actually registered after bragging on your site !!! What would be great is our home town was listed under our name on posts if possible, it would be helpful in my opinion !! Lost in the 50's up in Sandpoint is this weekend, big show & Pontiac's are coming out of the wood works so to speak in this area, there is a '62 Bonn. full custom being completed here in Post Falls & i am impressed the 389 is still being used ! just met a guy with a '64 Bonn. convt. 2 weeks ago & gave him info one site & all the sites for b body parts for undercarriage's of 60's like mine !i have a post on Hayden clutches with 59 looks & no response's but it's still activity, your site is great & would be sad to see it end !! i even recommend Cliff for Q-jet rebuilds quite often, a friend of mine just sent him one for his Vett.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R
Crazy Horse

USA
1672 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2017 :  09:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best site there is - please keep it going Bill.

I really do not go anywhere else and would not want to.
Go to Top of Page

Steve C.
Crazy Horse

1675 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2017 :  6:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posted within a recent topic....

"Again my opinions, others may disagree and hopefully step up with their suggestions"

Response.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: