New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2017 :  08:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw this on one of the other car sites,thought it was worth posting here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRJvl2TkNk

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2017 :  2:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever I hear the Star Spangled Banner I get chills. It's been like that for me for decades.

The coaches comments were instructive. They gave meaning to what the American Flag stands for. The proof is partially revealed with the veterans, men and woman, present who served our country. It does not matter whether they saw combat or not. Those service members present also represent those who serve now and who served in some capacity or role in the past. Each of them knows the meaning of patriotism and giving of oneself. Each has earned the right to be respected and honored for their duty and service to our country.

It was wonderful to hear the coaches words. Thanks for posting the link.

BTW, veterans may hold their right hand over their heart or hold a military salute during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner. All civilians should remove their caps when it is played and place their right hand over their heart; veterans wearing hats (cover) may keep them on provided they render and hold the military salute. Most people may not know this etiquette.

One other thing--on a personal note. Our American flag flies daily at my residence in honor of my military brethren, past, present and future. US of A all the way.

Lt Col Bill Boyle (USAF Retired)

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2017 :  2:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I thought too Bill. I've seen many videos that seemed to only try to get people all mushy feeling,but this one had a point.
I suspect the coach did this in light of the BS that started this year with athletes sitting or taking a knee during the National Anthem.
I was at a local car show this past fall where they played the Anthem at noon. I had a group of guys standing about 20' in front of me. I said out loud to "Please take you hats off",some did,but some gave me dirty looks.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 21 Jan 2017 6:31:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2017 :  07:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto Bill, couldn't have said it better.

Rich Keller - Desert Shield/Storm Veteran

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: