New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2017 :  1:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm building a Quadrajet for my sons Chevy truck. I had a Pontiac core on the shelf to build. After ordering the parts from Cliff,the core turns out to be a piece of junk upon teardown. I'm looking for a GOOD core to use. Prefer '71-77,no divorced choke,and BPO. Running condition not important,as it will be rebuilt from the ground up by me,just no missing parts or hack rebuilds in the past.
This is for my step son,he can't pay a lot for a core being in highschool.
Thanks.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2017 :  1:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one that was rebuilt several years ago, but it had a slight "whistle" through the idle bypass air holes. I ran it until my cliff carb was done. I'd be willing to sell it, there was a thread on it here somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2017 :  1:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the carb, ignore the rough idle, that turned out to be issues with the 428 motor. But, i remember that slightly whistle:

http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4139

Go to Top of Page

NOTROD
Buffalo

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  12:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 17057204. From what I can find it's off of a '77 Corvette. Needs the three screws and tabs that hold the choke coil in the housing, accelerator pump rod (arm is there), and the secondary air valve control rod (connects sec. air valve to pull off). You could probably rob these parts from the junk carb you have. If not qaudrajetparts.com probably has the stuff.

If you guys want it, have your stepson promise to always be a stand up guy and he can have it. I can send it to you and then you can mail me the actual shipping costs.

Gary

Edited by - NOTROD on 17 Jan 2017 12:12:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2017 :  08:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! I talked to Cliff yesterday,and it turns out another core I have on the shelf will work fine for this application.
I still need to tear it down to make sure it's not molested. If so,I'll need one of yours.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 18 Jan 2017 08:26:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: