New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buckethead
Tribal Scout

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2017 :  09:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me where the antenna wire on a 67 tempest with front fender mounted antenna goes through the body into the interior. Pictures would be great to. The hole is in the fender but cant figure out where the wire is supposed to go

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2017 :  10:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most cars of that era go through a hole in the pillar on the right side of the car, below the "bulge" that the fender covers, then up into a bracket. Page 457 of the gto restoration guide shows it on a 64. Try this link and scroll down a couple pages:

https://books.google.com/books?id=MGzXnpw2xwoC&pg=PA454&lpg=PA454&dq=67+gto+antenna+wire+routing&source=bl&ots=fxcMlY9yzx&sig=s49g8ve_86oiChUhwa8C4Qy7c40&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu9ejX9bzRAhXq54MKHTFEA18Q6AEIQDAI#v=onepage&q=67%20gto%20antenna%20wire%20routing&f=false
Go to Top of Page

Buckethead
Tribal Scout

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a big help thanks. Ive got lots of little thinks to finish up on a car that's pretty much all original except for a recent repaint. And most of the issues are from the repaint and the guy didn't finish the details like this and seals chrome and such that didnt get put on or replaced.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's some of the most time intensive stuff; researching for like 45 minutes to see where some rubber seal goes.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  12:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the heater box and dash are already in place, you will probably not be able to use the factory routing. So run it the best way you can keeping it out of sight and secured where it wont fall down into view.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Buckethead
Tribal Scout

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya its a complete unmolested car other than the repaint and all the dash and a/c parts are there and complete. I found a way to get it thru the corner of the top fender and over the firewall. I think i'll be able to run it across the top of the firewall and maybe in with some of the factory wiring for now. maybe when I redo the interior, which is actually pretty nice for its age, I can route it how the factory would have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: