New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2016 :  08:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stop in here just about everyday but nothing new going on in my Pontiac world,and I'm busy as heck here at home and work.
My 17 year old step son spun a bearing on his '91 Silverado's 350. I told him to junk it,but it used to be his fathers truck,so off we go with an engine overhaul as he wants to keep this truck forever. He's on a budget,so it's going to be a backyard "hillbilly rebuild".
He's always been impressed with my quadrajet rebuilds and the throttle response from them (he had nothing but trouble with the TBI,computer,and sensors before the bearing went out),so he's doing away with all the emissions garbage and I'm building a Q-jet for it out of my core pile. We'll see how it goes-the rest is up to him.

Edit,It's my rebuild,but Cliff's brain and kits that do it.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 09 Dec 2016 09:05:51 AM

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2016 :  10:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here, been buried in work as well as family business and Estates. I check in but usually its a pit stop. Pontiacs have been sidelined once again but will be hitting it hard once this glut of work is sorted out.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2016 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here. Pontiac is running and working on a chevy, and barely enough time for that. I need another year off from a major build. Maybe even 5!
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2016 :  07:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehehe same here, been busy getting the house ready for the market, which we did this past week and searching for a new, bigger house (which we have found), to accommodate my mom when my dad passes. Unfortunately he's in his last days.

Haven't done anything to the bird, its actually been sitting for over a month now and looks like the gasket between the intake and water pump is starting to leak, or its the thermostat housing gasket. Can't tell at this point but have a little anti-freeze sitting on the valley pan/water pump area. Always something.

Merry Christmas friends.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2016 :  10:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your dad Rich.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires