Election Day in the USA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2016 :  09:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like the 2016 Presidential election process has been like a TV marathon of Gilligan's Island. Most of us, I surmise, are glad, if not happy, that we will soon know who will be the next President of the United States.

Early voting has taken place in many states leaving the die-hards to go into the voting booth today to cast their vote for President as well as for US Congressman and Senators. Then of course there are those state and local elections, not to mention various legislation to consider.

I hope everyone has a good day and that this unnerving and very long political election comes to an end tonight (at least for a few months of quiet, until it starts all over again).

Vote, it's the right thing to do.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2016 :  10:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Voted first thing this morning...check.

It will just be a relief that all this is finally ending...for awhile. We need a break.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2016 :  9:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No breaks. It,s the never ending story. All politics, all the time. No world news or investigative journalism. Just Opinions from talking heads hour after hour. I've been able to tune most of it out the last couple of years.

I voted last week. The sun will rise in the morning.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 09 Nov 2016 02:21:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2016 :  10:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trump becomes President-elect. How about that.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2016 :  10:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Courtesy West Coast Choppers

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 09 Nov 2016 10:47:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2016 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trump,Not my 1st pick-I voted 3rd party,but a LOT better than Clinton! I just hope Trump lives up to his hype.

We here in WI kicked butt on a state level too. We'll be real "red" the next few years.

Just have to mention this-
I had a friend over last night who told me he voted early last week. I told him I used the traditional old paper ballot yesterday. He told me how he tried using the new touch screen computer to vote on. He said he was trying to vote straight Republican ticket,and the computer kept changing it over to Democratic! He said he had to get one of the people who works there to get his vote to go through correctly! I wonder how many people voted and didn't catch the glitch? Hmmmm....... guess it's a moot point now.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2016 :  12:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Trumpence is coming. ANd we're going to take back OUR country.

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2016 :  09:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One for the record book. One man with the entire system against him, rewrites one major Political party and decimates the other while exposing much of the news media and "experts" as the inept BS artists they are. Those idiots were even dead wrong about the reaction of the stock market.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2016 :  11:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Phil. Clearly an election for the record books. From what I can decipher, but for the heavy wins for Clinton in a couple of the country's largest cities, Trump would have taken the popular vote too. From the political map I read, Trump won the election taking 30 out of 50 states.

Trump overcame obstacle after obstacle, some self-inflicted. His energy and vigor showed itself through the primary and shined brightly during the last few days where he campaigned relentlessly that helped him win key democratic states.

It 's time as he says" to make American great again." The liberal media will continue to assault him, because they can't help it, and those namby-pamby celebrities should be buying tickets so they can move to Canada to reside as they so brashly commented before the election results. I say, "good riddance" to them.

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2016 :  11:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yahoo news seems to think the sky is falling.
Krauthammer, Kelly,and Perino have zero credibility with me.
At least you know where Geraldo Rivera and Alan Colmes are coming from.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 15 Nov 2016 11:50:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  08:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You mean going to,as is Rivera should be pushed off a cliff.

Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  07:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My realtor came over yesterday to help me put up a porch railing (also good friend of the family). We are selling the house and he indicated we had to put one up, even though one wasn't there when we bought the house. So I asked him why? He said that our city, Newport News, follows FEDERAL regulations and that is why it didn't have to have one then, but, does now. Saying that the federal government added regulations to tell home owners to up rails. Why in the sam dickens is the federal government creating regulations (or even guide-lines) about railings on porches?!

I share this just to show how out of control the government has become under both democratic and republican governence. I'm hoping this is a start for change, Trump wasn't my first pic but, ya, I agree, way better than Clinton.

Alda and Rivera have way to much ego for my taste, half the time they are wrong but continue as if they are right. Everyone outside of Fox News is in the tank for democrats and half those at Fox News are as well. Very difficult finding truth these days.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  09:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rkellerjr

My realtor came over yesterday to help me put up a porch railing (also good friend of the family). We are selling the house and he indicated we had to put one up, even though one wasn't there when we bought the house. So I asked him why? He said that our city, Newport News, follows FEDERAL regulations and that is why it didn't have to have one then, but, does now.

Bullstein. Look into the law. 10 bucks says you're "grandfathered". They can't make you retro-fit. Even if we sold our place,they can't make us put up a fence around our pool(it was built in the(50's).

Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heaven forbid, a child jumping off a deck, 4 feet off the ground without and obstacle to climb over.

Saving the children was a large part of hillary's campaign.

But done mention the debt on there shoulders at birth.

TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.

Edited by - Blued and Painted on 20 Nov 2016 10:19:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2016 :  01:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relieved
Go to Top of Page

Cobrabill
Talking Dog

Aruba
3128 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  6:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cobrabill

A Trumpence is coming. ANd we're going to take back OUR country.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: