New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tomy2tone
Tribal Scout

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  9:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, love this site, I just put together an awesome combo in my 65 lemans, its a fresh rebuilt 428 with a comp cam. roller rockers bored .060 over . Edelbrock performer intake, Edelbrock 750cfm carb sitting in front of a 2004r trans and 3.55 posi rear end, just passed my break in milage so I started to put the pedal down a little more to see some performance, the trans was rebuilt by my local tranny guy of 35 years of gm back ground and knows the 200 4r/700r4's, I bought the raptoid kit from PATC and he liked the kit alot, I only have one concern in that i dont like that it doesnt hang on to first gear very long and it doesnt slam into second gear it transitions to second. I wish it hung onto first longer and im concerned about that feel of the shift to second, is that the way they work? Is there anything that can be done to get first to hang on a little longer? should I be concerned about that first to second shift behavior ?

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2016 :  11:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even the stock GN, TTA, Monte SS, 442 versions had a snappy kick from 1-2. Are you using the super servo or at least a GN servo? That is a must for good 1-2 shift. How have you set up the TV cable and adjusted it? I do not do my final adjustment based upon pressure gauges as is often mentioned by builders who are doing things by the rebuilders book.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

TexasT
Tribal Scout

10 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2016 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a little metal plate on the rear pass side of the trans. It has some painted on numbers and a string of characters. These tell of the original vb and gov. I'm hoping your builder didn't swap in something different.

Does the shift rpm change as you apply more throttle? What servo are you using?

You might try pulling the governor down and swapping the small weight spring into the large weight side and leaving the small weight without a spring. be sure to document what you do so you can put it back the way it was if it doesn't work the way you want. Or you could drill some lightening holes in the large weight and not swap the springs. This is harder to reverse as putting drilled holes back isn't easy. But if you weigh the weight before drilling you can weld up the holes and get it back up to the original weight. The draw back is the trans fluid bath to get the gov in and out.

Let us know how you do.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2016 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonder if the TV cable isn't adjusting right and it's shifting early?
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7222 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2016 :  10:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomy, any update on the 200-4R?

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: