Pontiac Street Performance
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Pontiac Performance
 Firebirds / Formulas/ TAs
 How much should I be asking for these 2 Birds?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karzn4x4z
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2016 :  3:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All , So I have a couple Firebirds & I'm not sure how much I should take for them. I thought I had them up for a good price but people keep offering me way lower. Could someone tell me if I'm off on my pricing... Thanks

Craigslist Ads Are...
2002 Pontiac Firehawk-
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5729980116.html

1999 Pontiac Firebird WS6-
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5714575112.html

Edited by - Karzn4x4z on 17 Aug 2016 3:33:52 PM

79FORMULA400
Buffalo

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  12:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the guys on this site are classical Pontiac only. Back when Pontiac's were still powered by true Pontiac engines. I believe you are the first person I have seen on the site ask about newer cars. I cannot say from experience but I keep up with the going prices for tons of cars on craigslist. The price on the 99 seems spot on. The 02 you will probably be sitting on for a while. Real WS6 4th gen F bodies are getting scarce.(Especally Firehawks!) Im not sure if its your location or what but here on the east coast those cars would bring your asking price no problem. Being in Cali, where lots of other cars are clean may be the issue.

Hope that helps some, I will probably be the only one to respond to this... Most of the other guys here are very old school!
Very nice cars by the way. I was looking for an LT-1 powered 4th gen a while back.

1979 Formula 400 WS6, 1973 400 engine 4X Heads. Summit 2801 Cam, 8AN Fuel System,Edelbrock Performer MSD Dist, 6AL-2 Holley 750 Double Pumper,Super T-10, McLeod Super Street Pro, LSD Rear.
Go to Top of Page

Karzn4x4z
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  09:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the answer. I just didn't know where to go to ask. Guess I still don't.. Lol..
My friend passed & left me 4 cars. These 2 firebirds, 2013 VO6 & 85 Chevy C10.
I just can't afford insurance on all of them, my everyday drivers, plus a 73 Ford Highboy, 64 Falcon, 67 Cougar & a 65 Mustang. I'm paying over $800 a month here in Cali just to insure everything. So I gotta sell the 2 birds.
Sucks I have to sell any of them but the birds just aren't old enough for me. Lol... I'm into old cars but I have fell in Love with the Vette thou... Lol
I'll admit... They are nice but nothing compared to any classical Pontiac.
Thanks for the answer & Hope you have a Great day :-)
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  8:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like those cars, but as he says, i'm not as into them so i don't follow the going prices for them. (Honestly after 72' i have to research to even get a ballpark since i just don't pay attention.)

Sharp cars though!
Go to Top of Page

79FORMULA400
Buffalo

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  11:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karzn4x4z

Thank you for the answer. I just didn't know where to go to ask. Guess I still don't.. Lol..
My friend passed & left me 4 cars. These 2 firebirds, 2013 VO6 & 85 Chevy C10.
I just can't afford insurance on all of them, my everyday drivers, plus a 73 Ford Highboy, 64 Falcon, 67 Cougar & a 65 Mustang. I'm paying over $800 a month here in Cali just to insure everything. So I gotta sell the 2 birds.
Sucks I have to sell any of them but the birds just aren't old enough for me. Lol... I'm into old cars but I have fell in Love with the Vette thou... Lol
I'll admit... They are nice but nothing compared to any classical Pontiac.
Thanks for the answer & Hope you have a Great day :-)

No Problem. They make you pay insurance for cars you don't drive on the road? You cant just put them into storage for a while? In 10 years the Late 4th Gens will be really going up in value. They will soon be collectors items. I understand though. I had a 67 Mustang Coupe a few years ago... 200 Straight 6 with a 3 speed... What a turd! Slowest Car I have ever owned!

1979 Formula 400 WS6, 1973 400 engine 4X Heads. Summit 2801 Cam, 8AN Fuel System,Edelbrock Performer MSD Dist, 6AL-2 Holley 750 Double Pumper,Super T-10, McLeod Super Street Pro, LSD Rear.
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Kelly Blue Book or NADA and get the assessments for the cars. Then you'll know where you stand and can negotiate appropriately. Also, Haggerty Insurance has a good page for this too.

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY

Edited by - rkellerjr on 19 Aug 2016 09:02:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  10:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of shape is the cougar in. Any thoughts of putting it up for sale.

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

Karzn4x4z
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  10:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Cougar is all original with all matching #s. It'll probably never be for sale. Sorry... It just sits waiting for my grandson to grow up enough to appreciate it. I live in earthquake country. The San Andreas fault is about 10 miles away... So I insure everything whether I drive em or not... Sucks but I don't wanna risk losing any of my babies.
Go to Top of Page

loosetappet
Sitting Bull

113 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  07:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a firehawk in Michigan-

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5741732014.html

He is fishing, won't get that much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly