New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike389
Big Trees

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2016 :  2:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For '64 B-Body ! anyone know where i can find rear sway bar & trailing arms sold as a kit !! found sway bar kits at OPG with only brackets bolts ect & very expensive trailing arms upper & lower with no bar !
thanks for any info !
Mike

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2016 :  9:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are okay with used parts, try the junkyarddog.com

Also try some of the Arizona junk yards or these guys:

http://www.frankspontiacparts.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1v66BRCV-6rh6s-Biu8BEiQAelpui5EzexttUuQct0FX1Hkf2kt9EXbIq2eggKnclO5kPD4aArQ08P8HAQ

sometimes they have odd parts like that

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2016 :  12:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Dave i will
Go to Top of Page

pitts64
Sitting Bull

207 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  07:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, the rear sway bar on a rear steer car like the 64 Bonneville will make it oversteer even worse..

I doubt anybody has tried harder to get one of the crates to handle well more then me.. Best to keep it all stock because these cars were defective from the factory.. Most came with crooked frames and the rear steer linkage, under compression, on modern asphalt roads (paved length wise), aggravates things more.. Chevy was way ahead of the game in 58 with front steer linkage and very tall spindles.. And why wouldn't they be, they were GMs bread and butter..

My new 69 el Camino handles like its on rails, even with bad control arm bushings! If your looking for a nice driving car, best to get one with front steering linkage... These old B bodys are nothing but eye candy..

Bottom line for working guys like us, get a Chevy.. I love mine and will never buy anything else!

Edited by - pitts64 on 24 Jun 2016 07:56:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  3:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pitts
what is rear steer? never heard that term for front steering cars! i just had front end rebuilt new springs ball joints bushings & right now having upper & lower trailing arms poly bushings with zerk fittings made at PMT Fabrication should get them next week !! $379. out the door no shipping !!
Go to Top of Page

mike389
Big Trees

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2016 :  11:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pitts 64 ????

for those who are interested !!
http://pmtfabrication.com/product/pontiac-catalina-bonneville-22-ventura-rear-control-trailing-arms
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: