I'm baaack!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  11:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, sort of. Sorry I've been out for so long. I've had a lot of things happen, many not good. Bottom line is the GTO is gone, the GP, is gone, a big chunk of cash is gone. Money and things are just that, and I didn't mind sacrificing them for what I thought was right. She wasn't. Nuff said. I've gotten back into music and am the drummer for a Christian praise band. I love it. I've also moved from the shop to a job as a corporate technical trainer which I also love. I'm not getting any younger, and I just can't physically do the everyday grind anymore.
I still have the wagon, and we still have the father son project 67 Bird with the 474 which some may remember. It's actually fairly close to roadworthy, and we took it around the block a few times. It is an absolute beast! I also picked up an 84 El Camino so I can finally build my Poncho-Camino I've always wanted to do. Hope all are well. I'm happy to see some of the old group here, and I see some new folks too which is awesome.
I guess I'l never catch up to Phil's posts now. At least I remembered my password, which took awhile. Hey Bill, how about a password reset link?

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

844 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  07:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Very happy to see you back...it has been a long while and yov'e been missed. No catching up to Phil or Cortcomp. They are the front runners on posting.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  09:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike! So great to see you return. Welcome back!!

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"No catching up to Phil or Cortcomp. They are the front runners on posting."

I'm proud to say that nothing of value can be found in any of my posts too! It takes a LOT of rambling to get this many posts without contributing much of use. It's a platform i plan to stick to in the future.

Mike, welcome back! I know what a rough year can be like, i'm glad you made it back here. The bird progress sounds encouraging!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7215 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and I just randomly pound on the keys and hit send.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

Latech
Cochise

USA
397 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  2:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you back Mike, and in good spirits too.
I too have been toying with the Idea of a chevy with poncho power

How about a Ponti- Carlo LOL

Its good you are Back.

Edited by - Latech on 08 Jun 2016 3:00:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

mike mcarthur
Pony that Jumps

USA
2475 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  07:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike mcarthur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

It's the stuff you learn after you know it all that's important
Go to Top of Page

Blued and Painted
Chief PONTIAC

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  1:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more ,the merrier!
welcome back!

Bull Nose Formula/ 461/ Q-Jet/
TH400/ 3.08 8.5 / R44TS.
Go to Top of Page

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see you again Mike. Don't know if you remember me,I just started posting here about when you left.
As far as the life issues go- I got divorced 10 or so years ago,gave up 1/2 of everything. I then found a woman who loves me for who I am,cars,kids,guns and all. I've never looked back.

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

Chicagogoat
Cochise

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  10:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chicagogoat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to see you back on the board Mike! Life is always filled with obstacles. It's hard to keep the flame alive so to speak when life keeps pulling us in every direction. Good to see that you're in good spirits Mike! Welcome back!

Pure Pontiac: learn it, live it, love it!
Go to Top of Page

rkellerjr
Many Feathers

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  3:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you back on the board and had a great time last weekend hanging out at the cruz-ins!

Rich
1975 TA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR86YT69yeY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: